Mythic Legions Normal Figure In Hand Pics!

Re: Mythic Legions Normal Figure In Hand Pics!

Postby Hellion » Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:34 pm

naugem wrote:I had to pick two between the dragon, the pelican and the phoenix. In the end I went with the pelican and the phoenix. I like the dragon's sculpt and colors a lot, but when looking at it complete, my brain just can't match those chicken feet with the dragon head :-?

I view the dragon guy as more of a Wyvern (or Wynernian if it's a species) than a true dragon especially since they plan on adding actual dragons at some point. This way the slender build, bird feet and feathers are far more acceptable to my OCD fantasy brain!
Hellion
Bronze Grunt

Postby naugem » Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:27 pm

koonfasa wrote:Get the duck and dragon and swap it out with the duck feet.

I don't think duck feet will fit the dragon any better :D

Hellion wrote:I view the dragon guy as more of a Wyvern (or Wynernian if it's a species) than a true dragon especially since they plan on adding actual dragons at some point. This way the slender build, bird feet and feathers are far more acceptable to my OCD fantasy brain!

That might work. Anyway, too late for now, as I already settled on the other 2. Now, since I ordered a couple of dragons for some co-workers, maybe once I see the fig in person I'll change my mind (and it will obviously be out of stock at that point)...
naugem
Silver Grunt

Postby Grey Warden » Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:55 pm

Opened a couple more figures.

In War, Victory. In Peace, Vigilance. In Death, Sacrifice.
Grey Warden
Silver Grunt

Location: The Vigil's Keep, The Arling of Amaranthine in Ferelden

Postby Ziero01 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:59 pm

Grey Warden wrote:Opened a couple more figures.

That's an awesome group, any chance you could take a close up of Unkann with the other Orcs and the Goblin. I'm on the fence about him as that orange just looks too bright, but I haven't really seen him compared closely to the other Orcs to see how well he meshes.

And I just set up my legions on a shelf, though I doubt they'll stay here for long considering how many more I plan to buy over the next few releases.

Also, birds.
Ziero01
Platinum Grunt

Postby koonfasa » Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:51 pm

Group shots! I've already moved these guys, but...
I kinda want a huge fish tank or something, lol.

I mean imagine this:
http://www.mostbeautifulthings.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/fish-tank-decorations-2.jpg
ship1-3=$22.25;4=$33.25;5-6=$53.25;7-8=$64.70...
koonfasa
Golden Grunt

Postby Hellion » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:35 pm

Anyone have any in-hand pics of the latest release of Vultus? I wanted to see if the paint apps on the head are better this second time around.
Hellion
Bronze Grunt

Postby Hellion » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:52 pm

Vulture arrived, there definitely seems to be an improvement in the skin tone paint from what I have seen of past pictures. One issue though is that I ordered the dark brown wings to go with him because I read that those were intended to go with his coloration but his wings are significantly lighter than his body feathers, I was thinking of trying to find black, can anyone tell me if that work better with him because this brown isn't cutting it.
Hellion
Bronze Grunt

Postby Gowron » Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:29 pm

Hellion wrote:Vulture arrived, there definitely seems to be an improvement in the skin tone paint from what I have seen of past pictures. One issue though is that I ordered the dark brown wings to go with him because I read that those were intended to go with his coloration but his wings are significantly lighter than his body feathers, I was thinking of trying to find black, can anyone tell me if that work better with him because this brown isn't cutting it.

Yes, the flat black wings are a perfect match. I have no clue as to why the horsemen recommended the dark brown ones. I'm glad I didn't listen to them. Anyway I bought a few pairs from this guy, he might still have a few of the black ones left.

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=1599
Gowron
Silver Grunt

Postby domu » Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:44 pm

I think I went with the dark brown as recommended :(
domu
Apprentice

Postby Hellion » Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:09 am

Sorry domu maybe yours will be a better match or wont seem so glaringly different, as for me I now own a useless set of brown wings and need to hunt down black ones, not the worlds biggest problem but it is slightly aggravating.
Hellion
Bronze Grunt

Postby domu » Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:25 am

Well, at least going from brown to black shouldn't be too difficult.
domu
Apprentice

Postby zombie13 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:18 pm

Yep, it's not that hard to paint using black over the brown. Just whatever you do, DO NOT use Enamel paint. You will ruin the wings. I like Acrylic paints, specifically Testors Model Masters. You can find them at Hobby Lobby in the models section. Just be sure to read the label on the bottle that it is Acrylic and not Enamel. There should be a Flat Black or Gloss Black, which ever you prefer. And thin coats are better than one thick coat.
I'm a rhinestone Tiger in a leisure suit.
zombie13
Gold Apprentice

Postby Godsman2 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:57 am

My Orc army
Godsman2
Silver Grunt

Postby Visionary » Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:41 pm

So cool Godsman. Love the little green goblin
If you look real close,you can see my avatar is laughing at you.
Visionary
Goldsmith

Postby Darren » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:01 pm

Man it's depressing that Photobucket has broken most of the links in this photo thread. There was a lot of great stuff here. This is going to sound bitter but I hope that Photobucket goes out of business. Business school's should use Photobucket as an object lesson in the future.
Darren
Golden Grunt

PreviousNext

Return to Mythic Legions Kickstarter & Fantastic Exclusive