Mythic Legions ART BOOK - May we get a current update?

Re: Mythic Legions ART BOOK - May we get a current update?

Postby Sir Real » Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:45 pm

It's not unreasonable for me to want this thread to not get derailed with other topics, even if they are mildly related, which is the only thing I was asking. That's why we have separate topics, after all, to discuss different things individually, instead of just jumbling everything together into one big one, isn't it? This is how message boards work, they're organized into separate topics. It's not just one big block of text about everything.

Why does it bother you so much that I'd like this topic to stay on topic? Your reaction and accusations are way overboard, and extremely ridiculous. King of the board? No. I decide all the topics? No I decide who gets to post what and when? No. At least be realistic with what you're objecting to.

I could certainly have PMed them privately myself about the art book to ask my question instead, but having a topic so others could see the relevant responses helps others to know as well. Again, kinda what a message board is.

And before you point this out, I realize my comment is itself off-topic, which may have been your goal, so that you could accuse me of doing what I pointed out, but thought this deserved one response. But probably not a second.
Sir Real
Bronzesmith

Postby zombie13 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 2:33 pm

Lighten up guys. We're all here for the same thing. The toys. I saw from the beginning that the art book would be a problem. I said so a couple of times, but as usual, no one took me serious. Again, I don't think there should be further volumes if this is the type of delay to expect from one book. Offer the information as a virtual/digital copy and if you want to make a physical copy that's fine. But in the mean time a digital copy would give us the information on the characters, story, game and whatever else is in the book. I understand not everyone likes that idea, and I'm not saying digital only. But atleast we would have that information at hand instead of nothing at all like we are right now. And with a digital copy, I would print it and put it in a binder. I've done this with the Samurai Spawn story and the Viking Spawn stories. I have them somewhere and you can't find those online anymore. But I know I have them. And if I did this with the Mythic Legions digital copy, I would still get the official hard copy too. Because of my OCD with things like that.

And no one here is God except EDcomics, and even he has trouble here with the forums. :ed: :P
Anyone that needs me off site or not a registered member here may email me at zombie13.customs@yahoo.com
Follow me on Instagram at zombie13.customs
zombie13
Smith

Postby Chicken George » Sat Sep 03, 2016 5:24 pm

Deleted by Chicken George
Last edited by Chicken George on Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chicken George
Bronze Grunt

Postby EDcomics » Sat Sep 03, 2016 5:45 pm

Whoa, I'm certainly not God in any way, shape or form (you trying to get me struck by a lightning bolt, zombie???)

I think what it comes down to is that the 4H do action figures. They don't do comics. So in some way it's almost expected that a first foray into comics would have some trouble, whatever it may be. That's being extremely generous, of course, but I think we can afford to be so. I mean... that being said, I didn't actually order the art book (heh heh). I don't even remember how much it was. So yeah, the thought of having paid for it and then waiting this long is pretty rough. As a small part of the almost overwhelming Kickstarter campaign, it seems like something that could be completely overlooked or forgotten, but the book is being made. It's happening. Slower than expected, but it will come out, and just knowing something about who's working on it, I'm actually getting a bit excited about it. Like you guys, though, I want to see it done sooner rather than later.

I already wonder if I've said too much, and if I'll get busted for it by the 4H, but I'll try to get some smaller updates as the info trickles in.

Just out of curiosity, I'd like to know how many people ordered the art book. I have no idea.
EDcomics
Platinum Apprentice

Postby christianpyro » Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:02 pm

zombie13 wrote:Lighten up guys. We're all here for the same thing. The toys. I saw from the beginning that the art book would be a problem. I said so a couple of times, but as usual, no one took me serious. Again, I don't think there should be further volumes if this is the type of delay to expect from one book. Offer the information as a virtual/digital copy and if you want to make a physical copy that's fine. But in the mean time a digital copy would give us the information on the characters, story, game and whatever else is in the book. I understand not everyone likes that idea, and I'm not saying digital only. But atleast we would have that information at hand instead of nothing at all like we are right now. And with a digital copy, I would print it and put it in a binder. I've done this with the Samurai Spawn story and the Viking Spawn stories. I have them somewhere and you can't find those online anymore. But I know I have them. And if I did this with the Mythic Legions digital copy, I would still get the official hard copy too. Because of my OCD with things like that.

And no one here is God except EDcomics, and even he has trouble here with the forums. :ed: :P

I don't think it's the actuall printing of the book that has caused the delay, it's the writing of the book and illustrations. The book bieng completely digital would probably not have gotten us the book at this point. That said, if things continue as they have, and once they finally do have it in stock, it will take the 4H a while to ship it out. It should be much quicker and easer than the figures though (from experience).
christianpyro
Silver Apprentice

Postby Visionary » Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:41 am

Chicken George wrote:
Sir Real wrote:It's not unreasonable for me to want this thread to not get derailed with other topics, even if they are mildly related, which is the only thing I was asking. That's why we have separate topics, after all, to discuss different things individually, instead of just jumbling everything together into one big one, isn't it? This is how message boards work, they're organized into separate topics. It's not just one big block of text about everything.

Why does it bother you so much that I'd like this topic to stay on topic? Your reaction and accusations are way overboard, and extremely ridiculous. King of the board? No. I decide all the topics? No I decide who gets to post what and when? No. At least be realistic with what you're objecting to.

I could certainly have PMed them privately myself about the art book to ask my question instead, but having a topic so others could see the relevant responses helps others to know as well. Again, kinda what a message board is.

And before you point this out, I realize my comment is itself off-topic, which may have been your goal, so that you could accuse me of doing what I pointed out, but thought this deserved one response. But probably not a second.

Just saying

Say less please if what you're saying is pointless.
If you look real close,you can see my avatar is laughing at you.
Visionary
Goldsmith

Postby JamesLynch » Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:08 am

EDcomics wrote:Just out of curiosity, I'd like to know how many people ordered the art book. I have no idea.

I did.
JamesLynch
Silver Apprentice

Postby Ghost Whisper » Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:13 am

EDcomics wrote:
I already wonder if I've said too much, and if I'll get busted for it by the 4H, but I'll try to get some smaller updates as the info trickles in.

If you get busted for trying to get the people that have paid for this (and much, much more) information, then shame on the 4H!!

Coming on here and interacting with their fans and customer base takes 10-15 minutes a day. If they cannot fit that into their daily schedule then they may want to look at their current business model. It's broken.

If we didn't pay for everything up front, then yeah, a lack of new information is not as bad. But they should feel obligated to come here and interact with us. After all, they are holding hundreds of thousands of dollars for product that is not due for 6-10 months, and we deserve updates.
Ghost Whisper
Silver Grunt

Postby Chicken George » Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:52 pm

Deleted by Chicken George
Last edited by Chicken George on Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chicken George
Bronze Grunt

Postby DroothR » Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:41 am

EDcomics wrote:Just out of curiosity, I'd like to know how many people ordered the art book. I have no idea.

I ordered one... :oops:
DroothR
Silver Grunt

Postby Dark Horse » Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:50 pm

I got one with my all in (65 figures)
Happy in his folly, the fool embraces the devil...

My Facebook Customs page
Dark Horse
Bronze Grunt

Postby Visionary » Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:32 pm

Every all in ordered one.
If you look real close,you can see my avatar is laughing at you.
Visionary
Goldsmith

Postby JimPansen » Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:38 am

I ordered one and i wasnt all in.
JimPansen
Silver Grunt

Postby Otter » Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:18 am

I ordered it too.
Otter
Golden Grunt

Postby Sir Real » Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:06 am

Visionary wrote:Every all in ordered one.

Right. And that's the minimum number. But then also, people could have pledged for it separately in the Kickstarter, added it in the Backerkit, then also preordered it at any time directly from the website stores, both old and new. In fact, it's still available for preorder.

Could the Art Book have been given a status of lesser priority, as compared to the figures, since perhaps it wasn't all that popular? I don't know, but the numbers of how many were purchased could be an indicator. Although, even if it were deemed "not as important" as the figures, that wouldn't really be a reason to give it any less focus, since it's still a product that has been sold, and already paid for by more than a few people, I'd imagine. I'd also be curious what this total number is, if they wanted to release that info to us.
Sir Real
Bronzesmith

PreviousNext

Return to Mythic Legions Kickstarter & Fantastic Exclusive