Mythic Legions ART BOOK - May we get a current update?

Re: Mythic Legions ART BOOK - May we get a current update?

Postby domu » Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:34 pm

Why is the header for "Circle of Poxxus" on one page with Azhar and Zazhar on the next page (a page turn)? Just screams laziness...
Buying Test Shots. Looking for: Bolthor, B'alam & Snagg
domu
Bronze Apprentice

Postby Sir Real » Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:35 pm

Ok, so, this "email link", was it an actual email sent out to everyone?

I didn't get an actual email, but there is a message within the Kickstarter page when I logged in, that I didn't even know existed. And that message was where the link is.

Is this the "email" (it's not really an email) everyone is talking about, or did you actually get an email sent to your email address, separately from the kickstarter web page?
Sir Real
Bronzesmith

Postby Izdawiz » Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:36 pm

The one other thing I would have changed is the naked Minotaur would have a leaf or something in front of his Rocky Mountain Oysters.

I guess he's an Ox or something, but a naked bull dude with no cojones makes me kind of sad... :cry:
Izdawiz
Bronzesmith

Postby SalemCrow » Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:38 pm

I got the email as well, and I have to say, I do not see what took 2 years to complete this.

I have plenty of "Art of" books for movies/cartoons/toys I enjoy, and this falls FAR short of that.

I hope there is still more for the physical copy for those that ordered it, though it doesn't seem like it.
SalemCrow
Silver Grunt

Postby christianpyro » Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:48 pm

Rats, I just saw the Game rules.... Maybe this is it...

If so I don't think it was worth the $14 plus shipping. Unless they announce some kind of change to how they do the books and add some value, I think this may be my first and last. I hate to say that, I really do. :(
christianpyro
Silver Apprentice

Postby Visionary » Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:50 pm

Izdawiz wrote:The one other thing I would have changed is the naked Minotaur would have a leaf or something in front of his Rocky Mountain Oysters.

I guess he's an Ox or something, but a naked bull dude with no cojones makes me kind of sad... :cry:

Gender ambiguity jerk!!! Be alittle more sensitive hater!!!
If you look real close,you can see my avatar is laughing at you.
Visionary
Goldsmith

Postby domu » Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:52 pm

christianpyro wrote:Rats, I just saw the Game rules.... Maybe this is it...

If so I don't think it was worth the $14 plus shipping. Unless they announce some kind of change to how they do the books and add some value, I think this may be my first and last. I hate to say that, I really do. :(

Ooooh, I was coming at this from an All-in perspective, where this was just an extra thrown in. I forgot some backers added this on and paid for it.
I would be really disappointed in that case...
Buying Test Shots. Looking for: Bolthor, B'alam & Snagg
domu
Bronze Apprentice

Postby Sir Real » Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:53 pm

That two page beige spread with sketches of "art of the four" or whatever, do those sketches look intentionally partially erased to anyone else? It seems artificial. They all have faded out parts to them. No one would sketch like this. those big wings are just missing parts in the middle, but the line arcs continue past the smudged out parts to get thicker again. Seems fake to me. What's this supposed to be, "art"?
Sir Real
Bronzesmith

Postby Izdawiz » Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:55 pm

Visionary wrote:
Izdawiz wrote:The one other thing I would have changed is the naked Minotaur would have a leaf or something in front of his Rocky Mountain Oysters.

Gender ambiguity jerk!!! Be alittle more sensitive hater!!!

Bollocks!
Izdawiz
Bronzesmith

Postby Sir Real » Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:57 pm

Sir Real wrote:Ok, so, this "email link", was it an actual email sent out to everyone?

I didn't get an actual email, but there is a message within the Kickstarter page when I logged in, that I didn't even know existed. And that message was where the link is.

Is this the "email" (it's not really an email) everyone is talking about, or did you actually get an email sent to your email address, separately from the kickstarter web page?

Can someone answer this for me?

Also, if it was an actual email, what's the address it came from?
Sir Real
Bronzesmith

Postby Jeremy Girard » Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:58 pm

domu wrote:Why is the header for "Circle of Poxxus" on one page with Azhar and Zazhar on the next page (a page turn)? Just screams laziness...

Yeah, there are a number of bizarre design decisions like that through these pages.
Check all of my Mythic Legions customs at www.pumpkin-king.com/mythic
Jeremy Girard
Apprentice

Postby Jeremy Girard » Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:59 pm

Sir Real wrote:
Sir Real wrote:Ok, so, this "email link", was it an actual email sent out to everyone?

I got 2 messages from Kickstarter and also one from the store itself (because I ordered an All In on the store in addition to what I backed during the campaign)
Check all of my Mythic Legions customs at www.pumpkin-king.com/mythic
Jeremy Girard
Apprentice

Postby Amentep » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:02 pm

Sir Real wrote:That two page beige spread with sketches of "art of the four" or whatever, do those sketches look intentionally partially erased to anyone else? It seems artificial. They all have faded out parts to them. No one would sketch like this. those big wings are just missing parts in the middle, but the line arcs continue past the smudged out parts to get thicker again. Seems fake to me. What's this supposed to be, "art"?

Maybe they wanted to intentionally obscure the image in the .pdf so the full-and-clear version would be first seen in the print format? I can't think of any other reason why you'd not want the images in your prestige book to be seen at their best quality.
Amentep
Bronze Grunt

Postby Sir Real » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:04 pm

Jeremy Girard wrote:
Sir Real wrote:

I got 2 messages from Kickstarter and also one from the store itself (because I ordered an All In on the store in addition to what I backed during the campaign)

Thanks. But, "messages"... not sure what that means. Is that an actual email? If so, what was the email address it was sent from?
Sir Real
Bronzesmith

Postby big-e » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:05 pm

Sir Real wrote:That two page beige spread with sketches of "art of the four" or whatever, do those sketches look intentionally partially erased to anyone else? It seems artificial. They all have faded out parts to them. No one would sketch like this. those big wings are just missing parts in the middle, but the line arcs continue past the smudged out parts to get thicker again. Seems fake to me. What's this supposed to be, "art"?

Yeah, i think this was intentionally made to look old and worn. kind of like old documents from the 1700's that somehow survived.
big-e
Bronze Grunt

PreviousNext

Return to Mythic Legions Kickstarter & Fantastic Exclusive