Galactic Legions Wishlist

Galactic Legions Wishlist

Postby Visionary » Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:05 pm

So with CB mentioning a possible Galactic Legions line forthcoming one day,I was curious to hear some ideas on what we could see and in what direction the line could go.

Aliens and Robots obviously jump to mind first but what else?


1.Insectoid Aliens would be cool.Ant,Spider,Beetle,Wasp.
2.Robotic Troopers.The 4H version of Cylons or Terminators.
3.Space Pirates
4.Mutated Humanoids
5.Alien Creatures of all types.Greys,Greens,Cthulhuesque,Gigerized.
6.Space Barbarians,Vampires,Knights?
7.Galactic Space Zombies

Ships? Avataresque Steeds? Laser weapons?

Last edited by Visionary on Wed May 23, 2018 7:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
If you look real close,you can see my avatar is laughing at you.
User avatar
Visionary
Goldsmith
 
Posts: 5882
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:46 pm
Location: Where Winter Never Ends

Re: Galactic Legions Wishlist

Postby GuyPersons23 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:18 pm

Not really a big fan of the space/galactic genre, but I'd be interested to see what the Horsemen can whip up. Space barbarian? I'd give that a shot.
Image
User avatar
GuyPersons23
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:54 pm

Re: Galactic Legions Wishlist

Postby mignash » Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:21 pm

In would love it if the races were the same as those from Mythic Legions. Space Orcs, Galactic Elves, Cyborg Minotaurs, high tech Jedi-like birdmen, Skele-bots, etc. Something vaguely like Warhammer 40k.
mignash
Silver Grunt
 
Posts: 329
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:42 pm

Re: Galactic Legions Wishlist

Postby Visionary » Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:37 pm

SkeleBots(Not Terminators)would be cool
If you look real close,you can see my avatar is laughing at you.
User avatar
Visionary
Goldsmith
 
Posts: 5882
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:46 pm
Location: Where Winter Never Ends

Re: Galactic Legions Wishlist

Postby zombie13 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:07 pm

Yeah, the whole space epic thing doesn't strike me. But I might see what's offered and get a figure or two if they look cool. I'd just strand them in the land of Mythoss if I did. Warrior out of time sort of thing. But Greys would be cool. :mrgreen:
Anyone that needs me off site or not a registered member here may email me at zombie13.customs@yahoo.com
Follow me on Instagram at zombie13.customs
User avatar
zombie13
Smith
 
Posts: 2726
Joined: Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:57 am
Location: Slidell, Louisiana

Re: Galactic Legions Wishlist

Postby JamesLynch » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:17 pm

I love sci-fi more than I love fantasy, so I'm cautiously optimistic about this line. The reason for the caution is that the 4H's aesthetic seems to veer towards a slightly fantastical style, so we'll see how it suits a sci-fi line. From what I can recall about any of the sci-fi lines they proposed during the old FanEx days, they usually involved more monstrous or slightly cyberpunk feels, rather than straight science fiction. I do look forward to seeing what comes of this, though. Space soldiers in cool plated armored suits, robots, cyborgs, exotic aliens, those are they kinds of things I'd be most interested in (since I doubt we'll be getting any ships or playsets).
JamesLynch
Silver Apprentice
 
Posts: 1690
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:39 am

Re: Galactic Legions Wishlist

Postby GuyPersons23 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:47 pm

Gave it a bit more thought and now I want a Cosmic Goblin. Neon green, glow in the dark skin. I'd put him with the ML goblins. It wouldn't make sense but it wouldn't have to.
Image
User avatar
GuyPersons23
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:54 pm

Re: Galactic Legions Wishlist

Postby Visionary » Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:15 pm

JamesLynch wrote:I love sci-fi more than I love fantasy, so I'm cautiously optimistic about this line. The reason for the caution is that the 4H's aesthetic seems to veer towards a slightly fantastical style, so we'll see how it suits a sci-fi line. From what I can recall about any of the sci-fi lines they proposed during the old FanEx days, they usually involved more monstrous or slightly cyberpunk feels, rather than straight science fiction. I do look forward to seeing what comes of this, though. Space soldiers in cool plated armored suits, robots, cyborgs, exotic aliens, those are they kinds of things I'd be most interested in (since I doubt we'll be getting any ships or playsets).


I too like a more straight up SciFi/Fantasy edge like the movie Heavy Metal with a few Cyberpunk influences.

Like Zombie said if the figures look cool I'll bite.

Again I'd rather these not interfere with MythicLegions in any way so perhaps after 2 or 3 more years before we see anything from Galactic Legions.Maybe sculpt one or 2 figures a year and show it off at the Cons to gauge interest in it.
If you look real close,you can see my avatar is laughing at you.
User avatar
Visionary
Goldsmith
 
Posts: 5882
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:46 pm
Location: Where Winter Never Ends

Re: Galactic Legions Wishlist

Postby Visionary » Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:40 pm

Some good movie influences


The Slayers from Krull
Original BattleStar Galactica Cylons
Starship Trooper Aliens
Multiple Alien races like Star Trek or Guardians of the Galaxy
The Disney movie The Black Hole robots
Bounty Hunters from Critters
Ice Pirates(Anyone?) :roll:



I'm trying to stay away from Star Wars as much as possible.
If you look real close,you can see my avatar is laughing at you.
User avatar
Visionary
Goldsmith
 
Posts: 5882
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:46 pm
Location: Where Winter Never Ends

Re: Galactic Legions Wishlist

Postby Darren » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:21 am

I like the idea. I hope that the Galatic Legions will be compatible with the Mythic Legions 1.0 and 2.0 Buck's. Mixing parts is one of the best things about this line.
Darren
Platinum Grunt
 
Posts: 902
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:26 pm

Re: Galactic Legions Wishlist

Postby Jon Michael » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:32 am

Two words...Warhammer 40k.

Make some awesome Space Marines in cool power armour, maybe some insect alien creatures kinda like Tyranids, some Terminator/Necron type robots, and some Eldar/Vulcans, and throw in some Space Demons for good measure, along with others.

I'd buy them.
User avatar
Jon Michael
Silver Grunt
 
Posts: 399
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:24 am

Re: Galactic Legions Wishlist

Postby newfoundma » Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:19 am

Visionary wrote:So with CB mentioning a possible Galactic Legions line forthcoming one day,I was curious to hear some ideas on what we could see and in what direction the line could go.

Aliens and Robots obviously jump to mind first but what else?


1.Insectoid Aliens would be cool.Ant,Spider,Beetle,Wasp.
2.Robotic Troopers.The 4H version of Cylons or Terminators.
3.Space Pirates
4.Mutated Humanoids
5.Alien Creatures of all types.Greys,Greens,Cthulhuesque,Gigerized.
6.Space Barbarians,Vampires,Knights?

Ships? Avataresque Steeds? Laser weapons?


Hell yes to space pirates.

Trying to think about how ML uses the same bodies with different heads and pain jobs, and I hope we see a an interspecies space army with different heads and paint schemes, but maybe similarly-shaped space suits. I would really like tough, no nonsense female captain.

Just for variety, I would also like some bikini-clad, multi-colored space aliens, the kind Captain Kirk went for. Having male and female figures is hugely important for me; I don't know that I would have been interested in ML had I known about it before they introduced women to the line.

Multiple heads would be great; maybe one head could be the unique character head and one could be a head with a spacesuit helmet. This way people could treat the unique figures as legion builders if they wanted.

I would also like 4H to move into some display pieces, so maybe a modular spacescape or ship interior.

I hope 4H provides a great backstory for the line and individual characters, as they did with ML.
User avatar
newfoundma
Silver Grunt
 
Posts: 421
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:14 pm
Location: Baltimore, MD

Re: Galactic Legions Wishlist

Postby Visionary » Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:24 am

Darren wrote:I like the idea. I hope that the Galatic Legions will be compatible with the Mythic Legions 1.0 and 2.0 Buck's. Mixing parts is one of the best things about this line.


There should definitely be some mixing of part compatibility.
If you look real close,you can see my avatar is laughing at you.
User avatar
Visionary
Goldsmith
 
Posts: 5882
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:46 pm
Location: Where Winter Never Ends

Re: Galactic Legions Wishlist

Postby Visionary » Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:27 am

newfoundma wrote:
Visionary wrote:So with CB mentioning a possible Galactic Legions line forthcoming one day,I was curious to hear some ideas on what we could see and in what direction the line could go.

Aliens and Robots obviously jump to mind first but what else?


1.Insectoid Aliens would be cool.Ant,Spider,Beetle,Wasp.
2.Robotic Troopers.The 4H version of Cylons or Terminators.
3.Space Pirates
4.Mutated Humanoids
5.Alien Creatures of all types.Greys,Greens,Cthulhuesque,Gigerized.
6.Space Barbarians,Vampires,Knights?

Ships? Avataresque Steeds? Laser weapons?


Hell yes to space pirates.

Trying to think about how ML uses the same bodies with different heads and pain jobs, and I hope we see a an interspecies space army with different heads and paint schemes, but maybe similarly-shaped space suits. I would really like tough, no nonsense female captain.

Just for variety, I would also like some bikini-clad, multi-colored space aliens, the kind Captain Kirk went for. Having male and female figures is hugely important for me; I don't know that I would have been interested in ML had I known about it before they introduced women to the line.

Multiple heads would be great; maybe one head could be the unique character head and one could be a head with a spacesuit helmet. This way people could treat the unique figures as legion builders if they wanted.

I would also like 4H to move into some display pieces, so maybe a modular spacescape or ship interior.

I hope 4H provides a great backstory for the line and individual characters, as they did with ML.


I love the idea of modular spaceship interior bases for the figures too.

A few similar steel backgrounds for a ramp or even a bridge chair console.
If you look real close,you can see my avatar is laughing at you.
User avatar
Visionary
Goldsmith
 
Posts: 5882
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:46 pm
Location: Where Winter Never Ends

Re: Galactic Legions Wishlist

Postby newfoundma » Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:12 am

Thinking of Weapons Packs, maybe:

1. Space Science - Jetpack, computers, and sic fi robotics
2. Space Hero - Lazer guns, energy shield, and energy saber
3. Alien Barbarian - Sci-fi versions of weapons like swords, axes, maces, and spears
User avatar
newfoundma
Silver Grunt
 
Posts: 421
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:14 pm
Location: Baltimore, MD

Next

Return to Mythic Legions Kickstarter & Fantastic Exclusive

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron