Galactic Legions Wishlist

Re: Galactic Legions Wishlist

Postby domu » Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:39 pm

JamesLynch wrote:There have been. They're not common.

I think it's probably that the 1:18 scale has historically been referred to as 3 3/4" and people started abbreviating it.

Since there are actual 3" lines, and the error in rounding to 3" from 3.75" is literally 3X the error of rounding to 4", and the figures in question are, you know, 4", why wouldn't they use 4" so as to avoid confusion?
Buying Test Shots. Looking for: Bolthor, B'alam & Snagg
domu
Bronze Apprentice

Postby Visionary » Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:44 pm

TheToyDoc wrote:I'm like so many others in wishing these were 1/12 figures. I realize the first sets were 1/18 and they wanted to continue that scale for the sake of continuity and to honor those club memberships but damn if these would be epic at Legion size.

I think moving forward(if this next wave gets made or not)that the 4H should do an All Star Wave at 6" to test demand.
I'm in for atleast 10 to start of the different Power Soldiers and an Adam Power or 2.Especially if Galactic Legions takes off in a few years.
If you look real close,you can see my avatar is laughing at you.
Visionary
Goldsmith

Postby Visionary » Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:46 pm

domu wrote:
JamesLynch wrote:There have been. They're not common.

I think it's probably that the 1:18 scale has historically been referred to as 3 3/4" and people started abbreviating it.

Since there are actual 3" lines, and the error in rounding to 3" from 3.75" is literally 3X the error of rounding to 4", and the figures in question are, you know, 4", why wouldn't they use 4" so as to avoid confusion?

Either way they are small and for the price really not worth the value when shipping is factored in.I feel the same way about Boss Fight(as good as those figures might look)being over priced for what they are.
Visionary
Goldsmith

Postby zombie13 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:43 pm

Ok, ok. In my haste I just called them 3 inches. Lets just agree to call them 1:18 scale like the rest of the world. No offence taken and I meant no offence.

And I'm in the same boat as others have stated, if I got a figure it would most likely only be one and the shipping just doesn't cost out for the consumer like that.
Last edited by zombie13 on Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
Anyone that needs me off site or not a registered member here may email me at zombie13.customs@yahoo.com
Follow me on Instagram at zombie13.customs
zombie13
Smith

Postby Havoc » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:34 am

Sorry to upset some board members. I know 1:18 figures equals 3 3/4". My point was the shipping costs for a single figure and not the size of the figures. I do buy this size figure when I like something or it fits my collection.
Havoc
Silver Grunt

Postby Miker601 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:42 am

I agree with the sentiment that Power Lords would have been a stronger "immediate buy" from me if it were in the ML scale. I use ML figures to supplement and expand my MOTUC collection and I think lots of Power Lords figures would fit nicely into the "New Adventures" sci-fi themed section of MOTUC. It seems Galactic Legions might be a nice opportunity to get Power Lords figures made at the larger scale.
Miker601

Postby Visionary » Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:21 pm

I just posted the same thing at Fwoosh.

Mixing in some Power Soldiers into a 6" Galactic Legions line would be a smart move.,
Visionary
Goldsmith

Postby zombie13 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:08 pm

Maybe smaller "waves" would help too? I don't know anything about Power Lords, but I do like some of the designs and would buy them at Mythic Legions scale.
Anyone that needs me off site or not a registered member here may email me at zombie13.customs@yahoo.com
zombie13
Smith

Postby TheToyDoc » Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:02 pm

Visionary wrote:I just posted the same thing at Fwoosh.

Mixing in some Power Soldiers into a 6" Galactic Legions line would be a smart move.,

I really hoped this would succeed for the 4HM and the Power Lords fans sake but I just couldn't pull the trigger because I loath 3 3/4. Now if these ever make it Mythic Legions scale I see myself sinking a considerable amount of cash into it.
TheToyDoc
Apprentice

Postby Darren » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:54 pm

I have a unrealistic want for the Galactic Legions line. Adam Power. It's probably the only way that we will get 6 inch Power Lords figures.
Darren
Platinum Grunt

Postby Izdawiz » Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:59 pm

domu wrote:Why are some people under the impression that Power Lords are 3" figures?
Does anyone make 3" figures?

Imaginext?
Izdawiz
Bronzesmith

Postby DennyCrane » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:53 pm

Not sure this is necessary, since we already have Star Wars: The Black Series for outer space theme. Mythic Legions fills a void. I will probably boycott inclusion of PL in Galactic Legions, simply because I don't feel not being 6 inch was the problem in the first place, and those Power Builders would've fit in seamlessly with Eagle Force and Star Wars 3.75" among other lines. You don't get this kind of push from the 1:18 community trying to change things very often. I find it interesting the reverse isn't true, and I get tired of 6-inch collectors trying to push their wants on the rest of the world. Super poseable 6-inch figures are a relatively new thing. Marvel legends started in 2001. MOTUC in 2008. Mythic Legions is in its infancy. And while I collect 6" I don't collect it exclusively. It amazes me the attitude of some collectors to say "I only buy this size", and I salute your restraint. But don't try to punish me or others who happen to like a little variety and have been collecting for decades, simply because you're limited to a scale. There's room for all.
Shop DC Collectibles for Pop Culture Entertainment -
Hot Toys, Action Figures, Game & Hobby, Comic Book, Retro / Vintage & More!
http://DCCollect.com • Daily Specials • #24Tuesday • Org member discount • More!
Trading: dccollectibles@live.com
DennyCrane
Bronze Grunt

Postby zombie13 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:56 pm

I stand by my moto, if you like it - buy it. If you don't like it - don't buy it.

Now with that being said, the 4H listen to their fans and that's a fact. Even the smallest suggestion can make the difference. I would hope that one day they bring back a chance for the PL series. I think maybe as smaller waves maybe? Sometimes there's just too many characters and it's just too much for some people because they want it all. As far as bumping to the 1:12 scale, I wouldn't mind one or two at perhaps a special edition but not the whole series. The 4H have said they are keeping the line at the 1:18 scale for the fans that they started the line for. I really don't think this is the last we've seen of these figures.

I could see Galactic Legions being a one off series, but Mythic Legions is such a runaway hit that I don't think they should stop a good thing in it's infancy before it has time to fully mature like what happened with their other lines - the 7th Kingdom or Gothitropolis. Gothitropolis was sort of absorbed into Mythic Legions, but just barely. I think that was more of an act of convenience than anything as to not confuse the new fans jumping onboard at the time and easy of production with the factory. I hope they don't let go of the Galactic Idea, it would be neat to see. But I hope they don't go overboard with it and let slide the Mythic Legions bread and butter. That's a gravy train that has yet to give up more Trolls, Ogres and Mounts. There's lots more to be had here.
zombie13
Smith

Postby Visionary » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:05 pm

Don't forget Wizards!

And Denny,nobody is trying to bully you into giving up your tiny figures by suggesting a few PL be scaled up for Galactic Legions.It's just a way to include a new group into the mix and introduce them the property with the most popular designs.
Like Zombie said just 2 or 3 figures maximum would be fine.

As for Wizards in Mythic Legions,maybe we could get Techno Mages or Cyber Sorcerers in Galactic Legions.

Howbout some Zombots? Zombie Robots like from The Black Hole

I always felt Vampires had their origins from another Galaxy so maybe there in an Empire of Blood out there amongst the stars somewhere trying to conquer the Universe.
Visionary
Goldsmith

Postby Poe Ghostal » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:59 pm

Still hoping we hear something about this line soon. Maybe at Toy Fair...
PoeGhostal.com - Toy news, reviews, and commentary. I really need to think of some snappier copy.
Poe Ghostal

PreviousNext

Return to Mythic Legions Kickstarter & Fantastic Exclusive