All New Customs/Mash-Ups Thread (v3)

Re: All New Customs/Mash-Ups Thread (v3)

Postby Naja » Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:49 am

Thank you Visionary!

My latest! More pics on my Instgram @NikkiNikole3704

“Like his twin brother Oncarra the jaguar warrior, the black panther Kaaxtik was born in the savage wilds of the Southern Jungle. Though the same blood runs through the twin’s veins, they could not be more different. While Oncarra grew up proud of his jungle homeland and became its courageous protector, Kaaxtik followed a different path. Never quite comfortable in the forest, he sought out civilization and discovered he possessed innate magical abilities. Kaaxtik has learned how to use a newly discovered artifact, the Spellsword, as a convergence point to launch both physical and magical attacks. Recently called back to his jungle homeland over the threat of a Jungle Orc incursion, Kaaxtik seeks out his brother in order to eradicate these savage orcs once and for all. “

Naja
Apprentice

Postby you_will_forget » Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:41 pm

Dear Naja,

Please assume any time you post anything that I have commented "wow, that looks amazing, please can you do one for me for free?"

That ought to save us all a bit of time and energy.

Jo
Seriously though, that black and gold combo works extremely well

*edited as apparently I forgot how to spell
Last edited by you_will_forget on Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My daughter has renamed my last two trolls as "Bronty" and "Blue Sky"
you_will_forget
Silver Grunt

Postby Havoc » Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:43 am

Great figure as always, Naja. I thought about trying to paint a black panther but worried that the black paint would wipe out any details on the figure. Did you use some special painter's voodoo to bring out the details?
Havoc
Silver Grunt

Postby worldwar_hulk » Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:01 pm

Updated pic with the copper color added, horns & fangs painted a dark red.

worldwar_hulk
Silver Grunt

Postby zombie13 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:33 pm

I almost went that direction with my painted version. I just didn't like the way the horns were that red color in the end so I stuck with the pattern found on the MOTU Classics Battle Lion Helmet. You're looks great though.
Anyone that needs me off site or not a registered member here may email me at zombie13.customs@yahoo.com
Follow me on Instagram at zombie13.customs
zombie13
Smith

Postby Naja » Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:24 pm

Thank you Jo and Havoc!

The great thing about ML is that the size that it is sculpted in and the depth of detail, creates it's own light and shadow--so you don't need to paint it in like minis or 3 3/4" figures. Sometimes when I paint an ML figure's hair all black or something similar, I will still do a wash and a dry brush in dark gray to bring out the detail. For this cat, I didn't need to, which was great.
Naja
Apprentice

Postby Naja » Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:28 pm

Sorry for double post.
Uncia- Snow Leopard Mage
More pics on my Instagram @NikkiNikole3704
Armor inspired by Jeremy Girard’s elegant Winter King custom. Cat parts repainted from a Cowarros and cast feet from Zombie13 and then painted to match.

Naja
Apprentice

Postby skeletom » Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:36 pm

I SO love this guy, Naja! The paint job is incredible! My eye is really drawn to his staff! That orb on the end looks amazing! :D
skeletom
Bronze Grunt

Postby Havoc » Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:57 pm

It's impossible to have a favorite with you Naja. Each one you post is a favorite but only until your next post. Although the snow leopard may be hard to top.
Havoc
Silver Grunt

Postby garyl » Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:43 pm

Naja wrote:Sorry for double post.
Uncia- Snow Leopard Mage
More pics on my Instagram @NikkiNikole3704
Armor inspired by Jeremy Girard’s elegant Winter King custom. Cat parts repainted from a Cowarros and cast feet from Zombie13 and then painted to match.

It's my favorite Naja cat so far
garyl
Golden Grunt

Postby Visionary » Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:29 am

Love the Snow Leopard Naj but the armor is a bit too creamish for me. I was hoping for white and silver armor. Do you have a Battle Lion to paint white as well?
If you look real close,you can see my avatar is laughing at you.
Visionary
Goldsmith

Postby skeletom » Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:07 pm

This gorgeous gentleman is my Undead Anubis custom! I really wanted to go for a full on zombie warrior look with this guy and I'm pretty stoked with how it turned out! The head, shoulder armor and sword were sculpted by the incredibly talented http://www.instagram.com/artofsebadom/ and purchased at http://www.myactionfigurecustoms.com . Feel free to follow me on instagram at http://www.instagram.com/skeletom1/ but please forgive me, I'm a bit new to it! Thanks for looking, friends! :D

skeletom
Bronze Grunt

Postby Havoc » Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:44 pm

Wow, you really nailed the undead look. If I owned this I would have to lock it up every night or I would never fall to sleep.
Havoc
Silver Grunt

Postby garyl » Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:52 pm

skeletom wrote:This gorgeous gentleman is my Undead Anubis custom! I really wanted to go for a full on zombie warrior look with this guy and I'm pretty stoked with how it turned out! The head, shoulder armor and sword were sculpted by the incredibly talented http://www.instagram.com/artofsebadom/ and purchased at http://www.myactionfigurecustoms.com . Feel free to follow me on instagram at http://www.instagram.com/skeletom1/ but please forgive me, I'm a bit new to it! Thanks for looking, friends! :D

I like the direction you went with it, avoiding the gold and gems. Turned out really nice.
garyl
Golden Grunt

Postby Gowron » Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:30 pm

@Naja - as always, your work is very inspiring and superb.
@worldwar_hulk - Great job painting up that cat mask. You did an awesome job mixing your paints to match the colors. You folks that are able to do this amaze me.
@skeletom - You are in the big leagues now with this one. WOW! I've been waiting to see what someone would do with that corrupted jackal head. I'm going to PM you my address so you can send this figure to me. I think it warrants closer inspection. I'll give it back....I promise. ;)
Gowron
Silver Grunt

PreviousNext

Return to Mythic Legions Kickstarter & Fantastic Exclusive