All New Customs/Mash-Ups Thread (v3)

Re: All New Customs/Mash-Ups Thread (v3)

Postby ReallyBigKid » Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:51 pm

zombie13 wrote:What exactly are you looking for? I might be able to sculpt something up and do some casts.

Spanish helmets like this. With or without comb. But only loose helmets. Not Helmets with skulls inside.
Large comb
Small comb.

I'm sure I'll find a model or something that will help me. Probably not worth your time Zombie. I doubt many others would want them.
ReallyBigKid
Bronze Apprentice

Postby BoBoJango » Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:15 pm

Jeremy Girard wrote:
boogieman4hire wrote:
Visionary wrote:OMFG Jeremy that just took the prize for best custom of the year so far!

I love it and NEED it badly! Awesome job bro!

Does the guy still sell those heads? If not the Horsemen need to do their own version of this too!

Behold I thought I'd seen it.
http://store.darkdimensions.ch/product_ ... ts_id/5746

I really want to place an order for a few custom heads from that site, but I am worried it is not legit?

Just bought from them, 3 painted heads and they showed up in about 3 week which is pretty fast considering they came from Switzerland. I also messed up and placed the order twice and they refunded one of them for me.
BoBoJango
Silver Grunt

Postby zombie13 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:34 pm

ReallyBigKid wrote:
zombie13 wrote:What exactly are you looking for? I might be able to sculpt something up and do some casts.

Spanish helmets like this. With or without comb. But only loose helmets. Not Helmets with skulls inside.
Large comb
Small comb.

I'm sure I'll find a model or something that will help me. Probably not worth your time Zombie. I doubt many others would want them.

Wasn't BadVermin going to do some of these? Is he still doing helmets and stuff? If not, I can try to do this. How many of which one would you need? No one helmet would be harder to do than the other. They are about the same.
Anyone that needs me off site or not a registered member here may email me at zombie13.customs@yahoo.com
Follow me on Instagram at zombie13.customs
zombie13
Smith

Postby ReallyBigKid » Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:13 pm

zombie13 wrote:
ReallyBigKid wrote:

Large comb
Small comb.

Wasn't BadVermin going to do some of these? Is he still doing helmets and stuff? If not, I can try to do this. How many of which one would you need? No one helmet would be harder to do than the other. They are about the same.

I'd buy about 5 of that one type. I could always just sand down the comb to make it different. I was thinking of grabbing a kettle helmet and one of those other helmets that fit orcs and vampires from Badvermin but, unfortunately, the last I heard his heath was too poor to carry on.
ReallyBigKid
Bronze Apprentice

Postby Visionary » Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:07 am

BoBoJango wrote:
Jeremy Girard wrote:
Visionary wrote:OMFG Jeremy that just took the prize for best custom of the year so far!

I love it and NEED it badly! Awesome job bro!

Does the guy still sell those heads? If not the Horsemen need to do their own version of this too!

Behold I thought I'd seen it.
http://store.darkdimensions.ch/product_ ... ts_id/5746

I really want to place an order for a few custom heads from that site, but I am worried it is not legit?

Just bought from them, 3 painted heads and they showed up in about 3 week which is pretty fast considering they came from Switzerland. I also messed up and placed the order twice and they refunded one of them for me.[/quote]

Which heads did you get and howmuch were they shipped? I need the squid heads myself
If you look real close,you can see my avatar is laughing at you.
Visionary
Goldsmith

Postby Darren » Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:25 pm

Jeremy Girard wrote:Since the first thread of customs is now filled with Photobucket, "image cannot be found" messages and the second one is locked, I figured I'd start a new thread for us to show off some custom work. I'll start with a piece that I have been working on for awhile, mainly because I wanted to find the right pieces to put it all together! Here is my custom Mindflayer!

The head is a custom one I bought off eBay, originally made by Kevin Kosse. That head is really what started this entire custom, since I knew it worked so well as a mindflayer!

For the figure's body, I wanted to recreate the thin look that I always see for mindflayers. For that reason, i opted to go with some bone limbs from a ML Scaphoid figure. The problem was that these parts needed to be painted, something I try to avoid on any parts that need to be moveable because the paint rubs on the joints. I actually tried to dye some ML bones to the color I wanted, but the plastic would not take the dye, so I ended up going with paint and sealing it the best I could.

Most of the images I had seen online of mindflayers show them in long robes, usually with high collars. I looked for a robe like this for awhile and tried a few WWE Undertaker robes, but they all made the figure look too bulky. I ended up going with a soft goods robe from a Star Wars Black Series Kylo Ren figure.

The armor pieces came from a ML Gorthokk. The chest and loin are from a ML Baron Volligar, repainted all black to remove the symbol normally on those parts.

For the figure's accessories, I made a staff out of a Baron Volligar banner pole and the topper is from a Schapoid mace. His pouch piece is from a random Lord of the Rings figure that I had in my fodder box.

Thanks to Stranger Things season 2 I finally know what the Mind Flayer is. (Other than a great custom of course!)
Darren
Platinum Grunt

Postby Jeremy Girard » Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:26 pm

My latest custom is a Erinyes. I started this custom mainly because I had an extra pair of red wings I wanted to use. I found the Erinyes, which is a one of the variety of devils in D&D, in the Monster Manual and figured it would make an excellent contrasting piece to my Archangel custom.

The Erinyes uses a Skapular torso and loin piece with the other body parts from a Gorgo Aetherblade. The head is a repainted Marvel Legends Odinson (from the new Ragnarok wave), his long bow, quiver, and arrow are from Lord of the Rings, and his sword is from a Lady Death figure.
Check all of my Mythic Legions customs at www.pumpkin-king.com/mythic
Jeremy Girard
Apprentice

Postby Visionary » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:33 pm

Another home run bro!
Visionary
Goldsmith

Postby Izdawiz » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:25 am

Nice!
Izdawiz
Bronzesmith

Postby Jeremy Girard » Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:41 pm

With the holiday season now officially here, I figured it was the perfect time for my latest custom...my design for a Mythic Legions Krampus!

I decided to create this figure after dressing up like the yuletide demon for Halloween. The recipe I used was as follows:

Body from an Asterion with a head from a Barbarian kit. The beard was repainted to match the rest of the character's "fur" parts. The head had two holes drilled into it where I glued in the horns, which came from a Marvel Legends Odin (they were repainted). The cape is from a Marvel Select Doom but the fur part on his back and shoulders is from a Marvel Legends Loki. His whip came from a Spawn figure and his "switches" are a broomstick from a Neca Nightmare B4 Christmas witch.

This is obviously not as "Christmasy" a version of Krampus as you often see, but I think it works great as an ancient woodland diety from the realm of Mythoss!
Jeremy Girard
Apprentice

Postby Visionary » Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:05 pm

Another winner!!!! It invokes a great Calibos from Clash of the Titans feeling as well.

You just can't fail Jeremy!
Visionary
Goldsmith

Postby TheToyDoc » Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:38 pm

Wow Jeremy, that is gorgeous.
TheToyDoc
Apprentice

Postby Izdawiz » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:51 pm

Krampus! Very cool!
Izdawiz
Bronzesmith

Postby Jeremy Girard » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:39 am

A few weeks ago, I posted some shots of my entire collection of Mythic Legions' Orcs. Well, those pics are already outdated since the orc army has some new recruits! I got a few custom orc heads from eBay to add some additional variety to my army. Here is the first of those new orcs.

The body on this is an Orc Legion Builder. I added some paint highlights to the armor, in part so it better matched the loin and chest pieces, which came from a Lord of the Rings Uruk-hai. They work wonderfully on Mythic Legions Orcs! The mace is a repainted Scaphiod weapon and the sword is from a Spawn Zera figure. As I have already mentioned, the head was a custom cast I found on eBay.
Jeremy Girard
Apprentice

Postby Darren » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:44 am

Looks really good Jeremy. I saw those custom head's on eBay. How is the quality? Did you paint it yourself or did you buy the pre-painted one that was listed?
Darren
Platinum Grunt

PreviousNext

Return to Mythic Legions Kickstarter & Fantastic Exclusive