All New Customs/Mash-Ups Thread (v3)

Re: All New Customs/Mash-Ups Thread (v3)

Postby skeletom » Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:15 pm

christianpyro wrote:
skeletom wrote:...and here are a few more! :D

Can you tell me more about that Dwarf head? I think I saw on Facebook that someone was selling those. Was that your store Skeletom?

Not my store. That head comes from myactionfigurecustoms.com They have some truly awesome stuff there for painting! :D
skeletom
Bronze Grunt

Postby zombie13 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:27 pm

Yup. myactionfigurecustoms.com is fully legit. I am now affiliated with them and can vouch for the quality of the items found there. All the 3D prints you can find there are made from better quality resin than anything offered on Shapeways. And I would know, I've had a LOT of prints in my hands from Shapeways. The resins used at MAFC are even better than the HD resin on Shapeways. I know because I got a skull print in the HD and the jaw broke off almost completely. The prints from MAFC are pretty much tested by throwing them across the room and can survive. Those are the heads. The weapons are a little thinner in some cases and I wouldn't suggest doing that with them, but the level of detail in each piece is nothing short of spectacular. You'll be seeing some of those pieces offered pre-painted (some of them by me) but most of the offerings are unpainted. If you guys have any questions just ask and I'll do my best to answer them. If I don't know the answer, I can find out.
Anyone that needs me off site or not a registered member here may email me at zombie13.customs@yahoo.com
Follow me on Instagram at zombie13.customs
zombie13
Smith

Postby christianpyro » Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:16 pm

zombie13 wrote:Yup. myactionfigurecustoms.com is fully legit. I am now affiliated with them and can vouch for the quality of the items found there. All the 3D prints you can find there are made from better quality resin than anything offered on Shapeways. And I would know, I've had a LOT of prints in my hands from Shapeways. The resins used at MAFC are even better than the HD resin on Shapeways. I know because I got a skull print in the HD and the jaw broke off almost completely. The prints from MAFC are pretty much tested by throwing them across the room and can survive. Those are the heads. The weapons are a little thinner in some cases and I wouldn't suggest doing that with them, but the level of detail in each piece is nothing short of spectacular. You'll be seeing some of those pieces offered pre-painted (some of them by me) but most of the offerings are unpainted. If you guys have any questions just ask and I'll do my best to answer them. If I don't know the answer, I can find out.

Thanks Zombe13. The products look great! I hope to place an order soon.

Looking at the store it states "The helm requires the included gasket in order to properly fit straight out of the box. " I assume it means to fit Mythic Legions straight out of the box. And what exactly is the gasket? I'm having a hard time picturing what that means.

I don't know how much influence you have on the site, but a friendly recommendation would be to add dimensions or scale pics to the weapons. It's kinda hard to visualize how big or small those weapons will end up bieng. For instance, I'm really interested in the one linked below, but I'm not sure if this is a longer two handed weapon or a shorter one handed axe.

https://www.myactionfigurecustoms.com/s ... Axe.html#/

Any chance you know about that one?
christianpyro
Silver Apprentice

Postby zombie13 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:07 pm

As far as scaled info goes, when I get any of the weapons in hand I will be taking pictures of them with the figures. So that is coming. But perhaps dimensions would be helpful so I'll pass that along. The axes are one handed axes and are about the size of the hammer see in the picture above posted by skeletom. I'm hoping to have some of these weapons soon so I can paint them and pictures will follow when that happens.

Here is the "gasket" each head will come with so that these heads will fit on Mythic Legions.
Anyone that needs me off site or not a registered member here may email me at zombie13.customs@yahoo.com
zombie13
Smith

Postby shoggoth666 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:13 pm

zombie13 wrote:Yup. myactionfigurecustoms.com is fully legit. I am now affiliated with them and can vouch for the quality of the items found there. All the 3D prints you can find there are made from better quality resin than anything offered on Shapeways. And I would know, I've had a LOT of prints in my hands from Shapeways. The resins used at MAFC are even better than the HD resin on Shapeways. I know because I got a skull print in the HD and the jaw broke off almost completely. The prints from MAFC are pretty much tested by throwing them across the room and can survive. Those are the heads. The weapons are a little thinner in some cases and I wouldn't suggest doing that with them, but the level of detail in each piece is nothing short of spectacular. You'll be seeing some of those pieces offered pre-painted (some of them by me) but most of the offerings are unpainted. If you guys have any questions just ask and I'll do my best to answer them. If I don't know the answer, I can find out.

I agree in regard to the quality. Positively superior to any of the heads and weapons I've gotten from Shapeways.
shoggoth666

Postby JamesLynch » Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:35 am

zombie13 wrote:Here is the "gasket" each head will come with so that these heads will fit on Mythic Legions.

Is that a neck socket condom?
JamesLynch
Silver Apprentice

Postby zombie13 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:57 am

JamesLynch wrote:
zombie13 wrote:Here is the "gasket" each head will come with so that these heads will fit on Mythic Legions.

Is that a neck socket condom?

It does sort of look like it now that you mention it. :lol:
zombie13
Smith

Postby Kristof123 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:11 am

i just bought a pair of painted orc feet. they need more painted cat feet and painted vampires heads.
Kristof123

Postby zombie13 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:17 am

Kristof123 wrote:i just bought a pair of painted orc feet. they need more painted cat feet and painted vampires heads.

I’m working on more feet actually. Can’t speak for the Vamp heads.
zombie13
Smith

Postby zombie13 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:43 pm

It's been a little while and I realize I haven't posted anything new! Well...

Remember this little guy?

I was using him as a Dworc, but now I've made him into a Goblin!
I think he looks great with his new Goblin Family.
Those are still mostly the same body parts on him as the top picture. Swapped out the legs and faulds with a Halmyr Goldentooth. I've added paint apps to make him a more cohesive character to the Bronze Dwarf Legion Builder now. The head and helmet is a Jim Pansen piece that he calls Orgoth. I've renamed mine in the spirit of turning him into a Goblin. I call him Gorkk as a nod to the original intent of using these pieces for a Dworc but turning it into a Goblin. I did a full four day stretch feature on my Instagram so if you'd like to know more of the journey, head on over and check it out. I've got more stuff I'll share real soon!
zombie13
Smith

Postby skeletom » Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:01 pm

Very cool! He looks great with the goblins! :D
skeletom
Bronze Grunt

Postby skeletom » Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:43 pm

This is my latest custom. A Drow Sorceress in Mythic Legions style! The original unpainted head and staff come from the stupendously mighty myactionfigurecustoms.com

Thanks for looking! :D

skeletom
Bronze Grunt

Postby Darren » Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:53 pm

skeletom wrote:This is my latest custom. A Drow Sorceress in Mythic Legions style! The original unpainted head and staff come from the stupendously mighty myactionfigurecustoms.com

Thanks for looking! :D

Wow, the colors that you chose look great. I'll do my best snobby art critic. "The mix of hot and cold colors truly compliment the details of the sculpt."
Darren
Platinum Grunt

Postby Havoc » Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:12 am

Great mystic. Like that waist piece you used,
Havoc
Silver Grunt

Postby skeletom » Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:32 pm

Thanks so much, guys! :D
skeletom
Bronze Grunt

PreviousNext

Return to Mythic Legions Kickstarter & Fantastic Exclusive