Please vote SILVER DWARF Legion Builder

Please vote SILVER DWARF Legion Builder

Postby christianpyro » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:57 pm

An Abbreviated Plea to Vote for the Silver Dwarf Legion Builder:

The Silver Dwarf Legion Builder… One of the figures with the lowest production numbers…

When the 4H originally ordered it, they accidentally ordered too few and was never put up for sale in the original in-stock sale. As such, anyone who missed out on the Kickstarter or subsequent Store pre-order, has likely missed out on this great Legion Builder.

We were told it would be re-ordered and would come back in stock, but the day of the sale it sold out in what felt like seconds. Where more not ordered? Not enough to meet demand? It was even one of the first figures to be sold out on BBTS, despite their mark-up, and is one of the most expensive Legion Builders on the secondary market.

Some of us have been waiting over two years to buy the Silver Dwarf. Please vote for it.

We thank you for your consideration.
Last edited by christianpyro on Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
christianpyro
Bronze Apprentice

Re: Please vote SILVER DWARF Legion Builder

Postby christianpyro » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:57 pm

The Full Tale of Woe

On February 9th, 2015 the first Mythic Legion Kickstarter had begun. The Kickstarter promised, Knights, Orcs, even a Goblin, and Vampire. But what stood out to many of us, was Dwarves, glorious Dwarves!

Like many others, I missed out on the Kickstarter, never heard about it until it and the Store-horsemen pre-order had long since ended. But there was hope… there would be an in Stock sale!

April 28th, 2015 –
“ We just want you all to know that will be ordering more than the number of pre-orders we get, and that there will be stock lot be sold through Store Horsemen after all of the Kickstarter backed orders and Store Horsemen pre-orders have all been shipped out.”

A chance to buy those Dwarves! Those glorious Dwarves! A chance to build, in our very own homes, that Dwarven Army that Tolkien wrote about, and Jackson filmed…

And so we waited…

MAY…JUNE...JULY… AUGUST…SEPTEMBER… OCTOBER…NOVEMBER…DECEMBER…JANUARY… FEBRUARY… MARCH – NEWS!

March 18th, 2016 –
“We will a very limited amount of Mythic Legions 1.0 up for sale through Store Horsemen after all of the Kickstarter pledges and Store Horsemen pre-orders have shipped out.”

Yes! Our chance to buy those Dwarves is almost here! But wait… there’s more… a potential disaster for those that missed the original Kickstarter:

March 18th, 2016 –
“Kickstarter backers will have a 24 hour period to order those before the general public will have access to the sale.”

Please don’t sell out… please don’t sell out…. We waited…

April 30th, 2016 -
“Pre-orders for this group of Mythic Legions 1.0 will go live at 3pm EST on Sunday, May 8th … and for the first 24 hours will ONLY be open to Mythic Legions 1.0 Kickstarter backers. Pre-orders for the general public will open at 3pm on Monday, May 9th. Any non-Kickstarter backer pre-orders placed within the first 24 hour period will be cancelled without notice.”

At 3PM, Monday, May 9th those of us that missed the pre-order were logged in and ordering what we could as fast as possible… Woohoo we did it!... but wait… something was missing… The Silver Dwarf!

What happened!?! Did we miss it? Was it sold out? Turns out, it was never even put up for order:

May 12th, 2016 –
“We screwed up! It's nothing serious, but we wanted to make you all aware of the situation as soon as we figured out a resolution. You may have noticed that some characters were listed slightly differently than some of the others on Store Horsemen when the current pre-order started and some weren't made available for purchase at all. This was because we slightly under-ordered on four of those figures - the Silver Knight Legion Builder, The Silver Dwarf Legion Builder, the Standard Skeleton Legion Builder, and the Deluxe Orc Legion Builder.”

So what does that mean? Will we ever get a chance at the Silver Dwarf?

“That doesn't mean that you're not going to get those figures. That just means that we're already back into production on those four figures… And before you ask, YES - we did re-order some extras all four of these to put back up on Store Horsemento sell when they come back into the warehouse.”

YES! Another chance! It’ll be a long wait… but it’s another chance!

In the meantime Big Bad Toy Store (BBTS) got their stock of Mythic Legions and put them up for sale with a significant profit margin. What do you know; the Silver Dwarf was one of the first, if not THE first to sell out, even at a $40 price (it only cost $18 as an Add on Pledge during the Kickstarter).

And so we waited…

JUNE…JULY… AUGUST… SEPTEMBER… OCTOBER- NEWS!

October 31st, 2016 –
“we're making the announcement now that the items listed above… will be going back up for sale on Store Horsemen next Friday, November 11th at 3pm EST”
This in stock sale included the long awaited Silver Dwarf!

After a technical hiccup on the 4H Store due to heavy traffic and server crashes, the sale was delayed until November 14th.

We were there both days, ordering as fast as we possibly could hoping to score that Silver Dwarf… but what’s this…. NNNNOOOOO!!!!!... Sold Out in seconds! … What happened? Did the 4H not order more? Did they not order enough? Was there that much demand? How could this be? …That was our last shot…

But wait… HOPE SPRINGS ETERNAL!

November 15th, 2018 -
“On one hand, we're tremendously elated that the popularity of Mythic Legions seems to just keep growing exponentially with each release. But on the other hand, we were very upset to find out that many of our fans and customers weren't able to get their hands on the figures they really wanted. We're action figure fans ourselves, and we want the toys that we make to get into as many hands of those that want them as possible. We realized after Friday's catastrophe and after last night's successful, albeit somewhat frustrating sale, that we have to do something about that.

Because of all of this, we're going to look into doing another pre-order in 2017 for Mythic Legions 1.0, Mythic Legions 1.5, and Mythic Legions: Covenant of Shadows. It'll have to be the kind of pre-order where if a certain amount of an individual character doesn't meet a certain minimum number, then he won't be produced, and the ones that meet the minimum number of pre-orders (whatever that may be at the time) will be produced. But we'll nail all of that down as we get closer to the date of this pre-order happening.”

Another chance, another pre-order where we can order the Silver Dwarf! Happy days, happy days!

And so we waited…

DECEMBER… JANUARY… FEBRUARY… MARCH… APRIL… MAY… JUNE… JULY – NEWS!

July 26th, 2016 -
“The upcoming All-Stars fan vote. We're going to create a poll on SourceHorsemen.com after the pre-orders for Mythic Legions: Coliseum ends which will list all of the characters from Mythic Legions 1.0, Mythic Legions 1.5, and Mythic Legions: Covenant of Shadow, and all you'll have to do is go in there and choose your eight favorite characters. The eight most popular of those will become the next wave of Mythic Legions: All-Stars! More info on this as we get closer.

What’s this… only a limited number of figures will be made determined by a vote?… I was sure the Silver Dwarf would have enough buyers to make up the required minimum amount. It was a legion builder… affordable, and an under made figure to boot! There’s got to be lots of us who missed out!

But a vote?… Will the Silver Dwarf be included in enough of our top 8 votes?

Hope is withering…

Here we are today. Please vote for the Silver Dwarf. Some of us have been waiting since April, 2015. Some of us have been waiting for over 2 years! Please don’t make us wait any longer.
Thank you for your consideration.

christianpyro
Bronze Apprentice

Postby Ghost Whisper » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:11 pm

Lol, I love it. But I think next time you should put a little more info into your post. :D
Ghost Whisper
Silver Grunt

Postby Ghost Whisper » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:11 pm

duplicate of above post. boards are acting funny.
Ghost Whisper
Silver Grunt

Postby christianpyro » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:12 pm

Ghost Whisper wrote:Lol, I love it. But I think next time you should put a little more info into your post. :D

What did I miss.... :shock:

:lol:
christianpyro
Bronze Apprentice

Postby christianpyro » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:01 pm

The SIlver Dwarf has broken 40 votes!

On behalf of Silver Dwarves everywhere, we thank you. Now let's break 100 votes!

christianpyro
Bronze Apprentice

Postby garyl » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:22 pm

Your ' Tale of Woe ' had me on the edge of my seat.
garyl
Golden Grunt

Postby christianpyro » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:31 pm

garyl wrote:Your ' Tale of Woe ' had me on the edge of my seat.

It's a real tear jerker. :P

20 more votes and we'll have broken 100! :D
christianpyro
Bronze Apprentice

Postby Visionary » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:37 am

I gave up hope
If you look real close,you can see my avatar is laughing at you.
Visionary
Goldsmith

Postby Visionary » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:38 am

Because now I want a Gold Dwarf Legion Builder ;)
If you look real close,you can see my avatar is laughing at you.
Visionary
Goldsmith

Postby christianpyro » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:39 am

Visionary wrote:Because now I want a Gold Dwarf Legion Builder ;)

I thank you. And I'd buy a few Gold Dwarf Legion Builders! :D

Only 10 Votes to go and we break 100!
christianpyro
Bronze Apprentice

Postby christianpyro » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:28 am

We are currently in 1st place amongst the bottom third... FIRST PLACE!

let's keep that momentum going. YEAH!

christianpyro
Bronze Apprentice

Postby christianpyro » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:35 am

The Silver Dwarf has joined the 100 votes club!

christianpyro
Bronze Apprentice

Postby PersonWhoIsJoe » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:03 am

I'm not a dwarf guy, but I think if you really want the figure you might have a shot next All Stars. I highly doubt this'll be the last chance you get if it doesn't pass this go around.
PersonWhoIsJoe
Silver Grunt

Postby christianpyro » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:56 am

Don't give up yet...I have this theory. For the most part those who knew what they wanted already came in and voted. The are the die hard fans that have been following this line closely. For the rest of the month, the new votes will come from people who only just heard about the line, or are not too invested in it. They will have a few preferences, but may not know what else to vote for.

Then they see this silly campaign... this campaign for the awesomest Silver Dwarf. So they go with it!

The Silver Dwarf will take the day! :D

Yeah... I don't have a shot, but I'm having fun with it.
christianpyro
Bronze Apprentice

Next

Return to Mythic Legions Kickstarter & Fantastic Exclusive