2018 Convention Exclusives

Re: 2018 Convention Exclusives

Postby Visionary » Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:25 am

Hellion wrote:Figured I'd update Visionarys post:

Thanks man,it looks perfect now.

If they add this head to match wow.

If you look real close,you can see my avatar is laughing at you.
Visionary
Goldsmith

Postby Spongyblue » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:32 am

Honestly, my only peev with fem-dwarf is the color scheme. Earth tones I think would work great, but I guess thats what another figure is for, maybe a legion builder.

I was already digging the not-BattleCat, but the orc head is an awesome choice.

I went heavy on elves so the shadow ranger is a given.
Spongyblue
Bronze Grunt

Postby Naja » Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:26 pm

Chicken George wrote:
Ashtalon wrote:
The female dwarf is a mess. Fantasy dwarves should have wider faces and heads. This female figure has a head which is too proportionate to her torso which doesn't scream dwarf to me. I would have preferred for them to wait to make a female dwarf with a more unique head.

My observation as well, a unique face sculpt with obvious dwarf features (even whiskers, as dwarf women are sometimes depicted) would sure improve this figure.

Somebody else mentioned that they thought this was a 1.0 body and thought that 2.0 heads would not fit. Since it was coming from 4H they could make any head fit any body type from the factory.

With all the neck peg adaptors out there any head will work on any body, including drilling out the hole of smaller diameter heads to fit larger neck pegs, anybody who has played around with customizing knows that one size does not fit all. Drill them or fill them, you can use any head on any body as long as they are in the right scale.

Ya'll-- except for pauldrons, the female dwarf is all 2.0 parts- (2.0 Barbarian head, 2.0 female torso, 2.0 "goblin or Thistlethorn" limbs.) pauldrons added to top it all off.
Naja
Platinum Grunt

Postby Gowron » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:31 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLxYAT3YcJI

A video has surfaced. That Elf Lb is just stunning! glad I ordered 12. The fury Orc's skin is way too bright, but his armor looks fantastic. Sir Gideon's face makes an appearance. Knubnic looks awesome. I hope Deltigar comes with 2 pauldrons (if not some of my mash-up plans are ruined and I bought too many)
Gowron
Silver Grunt

Postby Visionary » Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:45 am

Thanks Gowron that was a great look at the new stuff
Visionary
Goldsmith

Postby Havoc » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:59 am

Wow. Wish it was a little longer but a great look nevertheless. I never ordered one of the elf LBs even with all the extras he comes with, but just that short look of the figure in hand makes it a must have.
Havoc
Silver Grunt

Postby zombie13 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:04 pm

Ah, the old Conan music. Great first look at these in hand. I can't wait to finally get them!
Pleased to meet you, hope you guess my name. But what's puzzling you is the nature of my game.
zombie13
Platinum Apprentice

Postby Visionary » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:51 pm

Hmmm????

Visionary
Goldsmith

Postby Ideal » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:02 am

Visionary wrote:Hmmm????

I ordered a set of red wings to put on my Delphina
Ideal
Platinum Grunt

Postby tfitz » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:53 pm

Chicken George wrote:
Ashtalon wrote:
The female dwarf is a mess. Fantasy dwarves should have wider faces and heads. This female figure has a head which is too proportionate to her torso which doesn't scream dwarf to me. I would have preferred for them to wait to make a female dwarf with a more unique head.

My observation as well, a unique face sculpt with obvious dwarf features (even whiskers, as dwarf women are sometimes depicted) would sure improve this figure.

Somebody else mentioned that they thought this was a 1.0 body and thought that 2.0 heads would not fit. Since it was coming from 4H they could make any head fit any body type from the factory.

With all the neck peg adaptors out there any head will work on any body, including drilling out the hole of smaller diameter heads to fit larger neck pegs, anybody who has played around with customizing knows that one size does not fit all. Drill them or fill them, you can use any head on any body as long as they are in the right scale.

So glad to see like-minded people here. I'd just posted on their facebook page that she looks more like a custom. A human head on a Dwarf's body. She absolutely needs a wide nose showing and wider mouth. Dwarf features.
tfitz

Postby Naja » Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:23 pm

Ragna's alternate head! I was actually going to borrow this head from the 2.0 Barbarian builder anddo this exact same thing. Thanks for saving us the work 4HM, and delivering another amazing figure!

Naja
Platinum Grunt

Postby Visionary » Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:03 am

Better
Visionary
Goldsmith

Postby Ziero01 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:15 pm

I was originally going to pass on her, but now I may need to grab her just so I can use that helm on Jjuno. Hell, I think the blue even matches the warpaint on her face. I'll have to figure out some other head to use on her (not particually crazy about the Fembarian head) but I'll have plenty of parts to mix and match on her to make something I like.
Ziero01
Platinum Grunt

Postby Darren » Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:32 pm

The colors are nice but I'm still not sold on the figure.
Darren
Golden Grunt

Postby garyl » Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:34 am

Still undecided and still not a dwarf, but enough parts to upgrade goblin and iron knight legion builders. It needs an elf shield in Malachi, Artemyss, or Elf Ranger colors to really put it over the top.
garyl
Golden Grunt

PreviousNext

Return to Mythic Legions Kickstarter & Fantastic Exclusive