Coliseum Wave Available on BBTS

Coliseum Wave Available on BBTS

Postby ToDigAndBeDug » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:35 am

I was looking at Big Bad Toy Store's Mythic Legions offerings and was wondering why they decided not to stock the Coliseum wave? Do we know whether or not they'll stock the 2.0 Kickstarter wave? I figured if they were going to, they'd probably already have their preorders up, but wasn't sure when they put their preorders up for the first Kickstarter.

They backed both the Covenant of Shadows and All-Star waves, so it seems strange that they skipped Coliseum, which seems to be possibly the most popular wave so far. I know they always mark the figures up, but usually just to like $49.99 for standard figures, so it's a good alternative to eBay for latecomers, but it doesn't appear this is a reliable option going forward.
Last edited by ToDigAndBeDug on Thu May 10, 2018 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ToDigAndBeDug
Silver Grunt

Re: Why No Coliseum or 2.0 on BBTS?

Postby Darren » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:47 am

Nobody knows for sure but we can speculate.

I assume that the Horsemen receive lower profit when they sell to BBTS. There is no way that BBTS pays what we do per figure. Mythic Legions figures sell through very quickly on store Horsemen. At this point the Horsemen might not feel that they need to sell this line at a discount to BBTS.

Once again that is just speculation.
Darren
Platinum Grunt

Postby ToDigAndBeDug » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:06 pm

Darren wrote:Nobody knows for sure but we can speculate.

I assume that the Horsemen receive lower profit when they sell to BBTS. There is no way that BBTS pays what we do per figure. Mythic Legions figures sell through very quickly on store Horsemen. At this point the Horsemen might not feel that they need to sell this line at a discount to BBTS.

Once again that is just speculation.

Thanks for the response! I think you have a good theory. For some reason I hadn't even thought of it. I just figured it was BBTS who had decided not to stock anymore Mythic Legions figures and never considered that it's possible they wanted to, but the Four Horsemen chose to longer sell to retailers since. I suppose we'll never know, but it's fun to speculate.
ToDigAndBeDug
Silver Grunt

Postby jscott991 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:43 pm

They did buy All-Stars 2.0.

I wouldn't be surprised if they picked up 2.0s and advertise them after the April 25 date. That's what they did for the All-Stars.

And they might be paying what we pay. Super7 has said that BBTS pays the same for MOTUC that customers do and that's why they mark them up so much.
jscott991
Bronze Grunt

Postby ToDigAndBeDug » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:28 pm

jscott991 wrote:They did buy All-Stars 2.0.

I wouldn't be surprised if they picked up 2.0s and advertise them after the April 25 date. That's what they did for the All-Stars.

And they might be paying what we pay. Super7 has said that BBTS pays the same for MOTUC that customers do and that's why they mark them up so much.

Yes, they have so far, I believe, stocked the original 1.0 Kickstarter figures, All-Stars 1.0, All-Stars 2.0, Wave 1.5, and Covenant of Shadows, as well as all the birds. For some reason, it doesn't appear that they're going to stock Coliseum, and it's still up in the air whether or not they'll stock the 2.0 Kickstarter figures. Maybe they're just dragging their feet on the Coliseum and 2.0 waves and, as you suggest, waiting for Four Horsemen to be done with all of their Coliseum and 2.0 preorders and sales. That'd make sense, I think.

Interesting that they're paying the same for MOTUC as everyone else ($35 per figure) and only marking them up to $50. With their inexpensive shipping, they must not be making much per figure, right?
ToDigAndBeDug
Silver Grunt

Postby Darren » Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:36 pm

jscott991 wrote:They did buy All-Stars 2.0.

I don't want to go negative but I wouldn't trust what Super7 says. BBTS is a business not a charity. There is no way that they would pay what a collector would. That's bad business.
Darren
Platinum Grunt

Postby jscott991 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:25 pm

Darren wrote:I don't want to go negative but I wouldn't trust what Super7 says. BBTS is a business not a charity. There is no way that they would pay what a collector would. That's bad business.

I trust nothing Super7 says. :) But that's for another time.

A 43% markup is kind of believable though.
jscott991
Bronze Grunt

Postby Donimo » Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:35 am

jscott991 wrote:
Darren wrote:I don't want to go negative but I wouldn't trust what Super7 says.

I trust nothing Super7 says. :) But that's for another time.

Yeah, Super7 is not trustworthy in the least.
Donimo

Postby ToDigAndBeDug » Fri May 04, 2018 12:24 pm

BBTS just listed preorders for all the Advent of Decay figures. I guess they were just waiting for all the official Four Horsemen preorders to end and dragged their feet a bit. Usual prices. $59.99 for Deluxe Knight, $49.99 for every other figure, except basic legion builders for $39.99. Not sure if the deluxe figures with wings (Gadriel and Artemyss) are supposed to be $49.99, or if they made a mistake. Either way, I'm happy to see that they're still continuing to stock Mythic Legoins.

Edited: Had the Knight Builder price wrong.
Last edited by ToDigAndBeDug on Fri May 04, 2018 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ToDigAndBeDug
Silver Grunt

Postby jscott991 » Fri May 04, 2018 1:03 pm

The Knight builder is actually 59.99, which is a great price. I feel like they will correct some of these prices very quickly.
jscott991
Bronze Grunt

Postby ToDigAndBeDug » Fri May 04, 2018 1:15 pm

jscott991 wrote:The Knight builder is actually 59.99, which is a great price. I feel like they will correct some of these prices very quickly.

Fixed the price in my original post. And yeah, the knight builder set is only $8 more than the Four Horsemen were charging, right? How much were the figures with wings during the Store Horsemen preorder? $45? I know they were only $40 during the Kickstarter.
ToDigAndBeDug
Silver Grunt

Postby jscott991 » Fri May 04, 2018 2:43 pm

Artemyss was $45, so the BBTS price is only $5 more. I think they will change it.
jscott991
Bronze Grunt

Postby zombie13 » Fri May 04, 2018 3:34 pm

These are their preorder prices for sure, once the figures are in hand for them, their price will go up. Looks like they are using the Kickstarter images. Some pics are missing.
Anyone that needs me off site or not a registered member here may email me at zombie13.customs@yahoo.com
zombie13
Platinum Apprentice

Postby jscott991 » Fri May 04, 2018 4:17 pm

zombie13 wrote:These are their preorder prices for sure, once the figures are in hand for them, their price will go up. Looks like they are using the Kickstarter images. Some pics are missing.

Their arrival date suggests these are preorders for the first Kickstarter/preorder, but I just assumed that was a mistake.
jscott991
Bronze Grunt

Postby zombie13 » Fri May 04, 2018 6:30 pm

Yeah, they did the same thing for series 1, once they get them in hand, the price gets bumped up a little.
Anyone that needs me off site or not a registered member here may email me at zombie13.customs@yahoo.com
zombie13
Platinum Apprentice

Next

Return to Mythic Legions Kickstarter & Fantastic Exclusive