MYTHIC LEGIONS FIGURES TO DEBUT AT TOYCON NJ IN FALL 2018!

Postby Sir Real » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:11 pm

http://www.sourcehorsemen.com/?p=4275

For the first time, two new Mythic Legions action figures will be making their debut at the greatest toy show in northern New Jersey – ToyCon NJ – in Fall 2018!

It’s going to be tight, but we’re going to try our hardest to have a very limited amount of these two figures, Lord Veteris and the Fury Clan Orc on hand and up for sale to ToyCon NJ attendees long before they ship from Store Horsemen! Prototype images shown – final product may vary. More accessories for these to be revealed soon. If you want to see these two prototypes up close and in person, be sure to be at ToyConNJ this coming weekend! Go to http://www.ToyConNJ.com for more info about the convention.

For more details about the ToyCon NJ sale and the Store Horsemen pre-order coming soon for these and four other convention based Mythic Legions figures, keep your eyes on http://www.SourceHorsemen.com , or just sign up for our Four Horsemen newsletter – Four Horsemail – at the bottom of the front page of http://www.StoreHorsemen.com

-FOUR HORSEMEN-

Sir Real
Bronzesmith

Re: MYTHIC LEGIONS FIGURES TO DEBUT AT TOYCON NJ IN FALL 201

Postby ToDigAndBeDug » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:19 pm

I'm not sure how I feel about these two. The red orc is pretty basic, except that he's red. I expected that they might get around to a red orc eventually, similar to Vitruvian HACKS' Blasted Land Orc. It's cool that he includes the new weapons, but apart from that I just don't find him all that exciting.

Lord Veteris looks kinda cool, but I'm just so burnt out on that body with that helmet and those weapons. If they were able to include the new weapons with the red orc, I just don't understand why they'd give Lord Veteris the old 1.0 weapons. Hopefully, as they say, the other weapons that have yet to be revealed will be new ones.
Last edited by ToDigAndBeDug on Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ToDigAndBeDug
Silver Grunt

Postby Sir Real » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:19 pm

So these are homages to whom? Second one is Hordak, probably. Who is the first, god skeletor? (when he went all gold in the movie)

Maybe we'll see a Bog Goblin in Merman colors next...
Sir Real
Bronzesmith

Postby ToDigAndBeDug » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:22 pm

Sir Real wrote:So these are homages to whom? Second one is Hordak, probably. Who is the first, god skeletor? (when he went all gold in the movie)

Maybe we'll see a Bog Goblin in Merman colors next...

I don't think these are meant to be homages to MOTUC, are they?
ToDigAndBeDug
Silver Grunt

Postby Sir Real » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:24 pm

The first two from PowerCon were, so I was just thinking along those same lines. It certainly doesn't have to be, though. Maybe just the PowerCon ones are supposed to be, that does make more sense.
Sir Real
Bronzesmith

Postby Jeremy Girard » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:36 pm

ToDigAndBeDug wrote:
Lord Veteris looks kinda cool, but I'm just so burnt out on that body with that helmet and those weapons. If they were able to include the new weapons with the red orc, I just don't understand why they'd give Lord Veteris the old 1.0 weapons. Hopefully, as they say, the other weapons that have yet to be revealed will be new ones.

That was kind of my thoughts as well. He looks cool, but I was hoping for figures with more of the 2.0 parts and not something like kinda looks like a variant of Cador.

Red Orc works for me just because I have a big display of orcs, so these will work well in the mix - plus I can use the red limbs for some cool customs!
Check all of my Mythic Legions customs at www.pumpkin-king.com/mythic
Jeremy Girard
Platinum Grunt

Postby ToDigAndBeDug » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:38 pm

Jeremy Girard wrote:
ToDigAndBeDug wrote:

That was kind of my thoughts as well. He looks cool, but I was hoping for figures with more of the 2.0 parts and not something like kinda looks like a variant of Cador.

Red Orc works for me just because I have a big display of orcs, so these will work well in the mix - plus I can use the red limbs for some cool customs!

You're right. He does look like Cador. I hadn't noticed at first. At least he has bare arms, so he's differentiated a little from most of the armored characters using that same head.
ToDigAndBeDug
Silver Grunt

Postby naugem » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:41 pm

Lord Veteris is an easy pass. I also thought of Cador when I saw him, the color scheme is very similar.
The Fury Orc is more interesting, but again I feel like the paint job could use more work. But those cool weapons make up for that :)
naugem
Golden Grunt

Postby Sir Real » Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:01 pm

Similar. I still like him.

Sir Real
Bronzesmith

Postby Darren » Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:02 pm

The Red Orc is interesting. The Knight is a little bland. I hope that the Horsemen introduce some new parts for the 1.0 Buck. They need some more options to work with. New Shoulder armor, a helmet and maybe a Orc headsculpt would go a long way.
Darren
Platinum Grunt

Postby Iron Akat » Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:04 pm

Lord Veteris would be awesome if had armored arms, but he looks weird wearing a full suit of armor except for bare arms. Not really a fan of the designs that mix bare arms and legs with armor.
Iron Akat
Silver Grunt

Postby Cythagen » Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:19 pm

YES and YES.

I know it's getting a little tired at this point, but I'm a total sucker for the helm on Veteris. I'm kinda shocked that they used a colour scheme so similar to Cador's, but I'll admit it's eye-catching. Love the bare arms, but I feel like he needs a collar piece to look complete.

Red Orc needs no explanation.
Cythagen
Bronze Grunt

Postby ToDigAndBeDug » Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:27 pm

Iron Akat wrote:Lord Veteris would be awesome if had armored arms, but he looks weird wearing a full suit of armor except for bare arms. Not really a fan of the designs that mix bare arms and legs with armor.

I actually had the exact opposite reaction haha. There are just so many figures with the full armored body that I thought the bare arms added some variety here.
ToDigAndBeDug
Silver Grunt

Postby skeletom » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:01 pm

As they stand right now, both of these will likely be passes for me. I was hoping for more 2.0 parts. :)
skeletom
Bronze Grunt

Postby Visionary » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:05 pm

I'm kinda on the "not impressed" side of the fence for these.

The Red Fury Orc looks cool I guess and I will buy 1 or 2 but Lord Veteris does almost nothing for me and I am perplexed by his inclusion when there were so many other color variations we have been asking for.

A bare white Chested Barbarian Vampire.

A Green Jade Knight

Red Demon.

You know I really think the 4H don't read these forums at all anymore and are exclusive to Facebook and Instagram.
Last edited by Visionary on Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you look real close,you can see my avatar is laughing at you.
Visionary
Goldsmith

Next

Return to Mythic Legions Kickstarter & Fantastic Exclusive