What did you order for the AoD 2nd Pre-Order?

Re: What did you order for the AoD 2nd Pre-Order?

Postby Havoc » Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:00 am

I bought around 20 figures from previous sales. On this latest pre-sale I picked up:

The knight builder set. She was one of my favorite figures, but couldn’t justify the purchase because it meant holding off on two other figures because of the price.
A second iron knight: To share some of the accessories that comes with the above figures.
Lord Aydon: He was never very high on my priority list during the kickstarter, but since then has been steadily climbing.
The cavern dwarf: Mostly because of the goodies he comes with.
Calavius: He has long been a want but other figures nudged him out.
Finally a knight weapons pack an black skeleton wings (for Xarria)

Still on my radar for in stock sales are another knight and dark forces weapon packs, Artemyss Silverchord, Malachi Cinderhorn, Morgolyth, and an elf LB - plus whatever, once all the pictures get posted when these guys arrive.

Edit: Forgot that I also ordered a Herra on this pre-sale. Her magic staff is what sold me on this figure.
Havoc
Silver Grunt

Postby Tiffany » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:37 am

I just ordered.
I got wings, lots of wings, white, gold, red, brown, black, skeletal black, bone, and skeletal silver. 75% of my order was wings.
I also got additional Thistlehorn, Azza (2),Hera, Xylona (2) and Artemis figures.
I already have 2 ML 2.0 KS all-in’s and so many additional ML figures from the backer kit, and 1ST pre-order, that this pre-order was all about figuring out, which figures will get wings? What colors? and how many of each color.
Fed-ex home delivery was cheaper than UPS.

Each of my 6 Xylona figures are getting wings: white, gold, blue, green, purple, and pink.
The blue, green, purple and pink wings are avian wings I already have.

My Hera, Azza, Xarria, Myria, Freya, Juno, Gwen, Fan-Ex, Morgolith, and Boarior figures will also get wings.
Tiffany
Silver Grunt

Postby jscott991 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:21 am

I'm seriously thinking of doing another order of 2 Delphinas and 2 Artemis's.

I wonder, though, if it would be better to wait and see what the instock sale for the first preorder will look like.
jscott991
Bronze Grunt

Postby Tiffany » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:55 am

@jscott991

This is a pre-order so amounts of all figures are unlimited. From past experience the 4H order a small amount of extras for the in-stock sale. Most items in the in-stoke sale tend to sell out in minutes, not days, not 4 hours, minutes! If you want to know you will get, a certain figure it is best to pre-order. Always. The cost of 4H figures are most affordable from the 4H either in the KS, or initial pre-order. Cost of figures might go up, by a few dollars per figure once in-stock. Secondary market prices can be crazy. If you want it, and can afford it, my advice would be order now, when there is no “the item is currently sold out” concern.
Tiffany
Silver Grunt

Postby AlwaysOptimistic » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:04 am

Yeah, do NOT wait for the in-stock sale if you can avoid it.

Lots of great insight from Tiffany.

Back when 1.0 was released, and there were seemingly a lot fewer buyers, then a few figures weren't even offered (like the Silver Dwarf or Silver Knight LB), and most figures sold out in a day to a week. But the in-stock sales have been getting more ridiculous each time. If 200 people try to order (what seems like) 5 available of a certain figure then it does not go well for almost anyone.

I'm generally not a fan of paying upfront for things several months to a year or more away, but that's definitely the route to go with, to avoid remorse.
AlwaysOptimistic
Golden Grunt

Postby AlwaysOptimistic » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:19 am

Meanwhile, I'm spending way too much time trying to decide what to do.

With the original KS and Backerkit I already ordered an All-In plus an (almost) extra $500 (plus more figs. as a trade for customs, so I don't keep them, but it does [kinda] count as money spent for the Wave).

I'm trying to decide if I need a 2nd and/or 3rd Vampire Knight, Shadow Elf Warrior, Hagnon, Cavern Dwarf for the alt. heads.

Maybe another Freyja? If she looks distinct enough without the cape and a different look to the head.

They'd all be nice to have, but If they didn't keep releasing what feels like so many figures then I'd worry less about the cost and future space issues.

And also wings. I'm not really a wing person (though did buy some for the Birds for obvious reasons), but am contemplating 1-3 sets here, just in case.
AlwaysOptimistic
Golden Grunt

Postby jscott991 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:49 am

Tiffany wrote:@jscott991

This is a pre-order so amounts of all figures are unlimited. From past experience the 4H order a small amount of extras for the in-stock sale. Most items in the in-stoke sale tend to sell out in minutes, not days, not 4 hours, minutes! If you want to know you will get, a certain figure it is best to pre-order. Always. The cost of 4H figures are most affordable from the 4H either in the KS, or initial pre-order. Cost of figures might go up, by a few dollars per figure once in-stock. Secondary market prices can be crazy. If you want it, and can afford it, my advice would be order now, when there is no “the item is currently sold out” concern.

This is great advice.

My concern, I guess, is that I'm going to try to order Delphinas (and a few others) from the in-stock sale no matter how many I buy now (they will be available months sooner), so I'm trying to figure out if I'm running the risk of ending up with too many of certain figures if I up my preorder.

4H also hinted that they will have a pretty robust instock sale for Coliseum and I wondered if they adjusted their policies since all the quick sell outs. Hard to know though.
jscott991
Bronze Grunt

Postby Visionary » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:43 pm

Damn I forgot howmuch I spent on the Kickstarter.Looks like over 110 figures coming my way.

But I did put an order in for mostly wings with the new adapters.

I threw in another male Vamp Knight and another Elf LB. Anything more will be after I get these in hand to see what looks best.
If you look real close,you can see my avatar is laughing at you.
Visionary
Goldsmith

Postby ToDigAndBeDug » Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:22 pm

jscott991 wrote:
Tiffany wrote:@jscott991

This is great advice.

My concern, I guess, is that I'm going to try to order Delphinas (and a few others) from the in-stock sale no matter how many I buy now (they will be available months sooner), so I'm trying to figure out if I'm running the risk of ending up with too many of certain figures if I up my preorder.

4H also hinted that they will have a pretty robust instock sale for Coliseum and I wondered if they adjusted their policies since all the quick sell outs. Hard to know though.

I was thinking they'd have a lot more stock for Coliseum, too, but then in the NJCC video Cornboy was all saying how you better order quickly, 'cause the figures will sell out fast. Maybe he was just saying that to encourage sales though. Hard to know until the day of.
ToDigAndBeDug
Silver Grunt

Postby ToDigAndBeDug » Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:37 pm

Unsurprisingly, preorder has been extended until same time this Friday!
ToDigAndBeDug
Silver Grunt

Postby boogieman4hire » Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:41 pm

boogieman4hire wrote:I got one thing (because I could afford nothing else. Screw you comic con and Mattel for your awesome Jurassic world toys). Gryshaa the Slytherer called to me since the preorder when I bought only two and couldn't get him but finally. When I look at him I think of the song Rasputin by Boney M. I can just imagine him going into a bar and slaughtering everyone in tune with this song.

And now screw what I just said. Thanks four horsemen for the extra 48 hours.
I just sold off a bunch of random crap in my room for extra cash. And now two more figures will be mine.
boogieman4hire
Platinum Grunt

Postby boogieman4hire » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:07 pm

Now that I have the power for one more standard figure which should I choose? Morgolyth or Lucretia? The vampires and skeletons are my favorite groups and therefore my collection's emphasis is more on those two and both these creepy ladies are the leader of their respective group. So I'm not sure who to pick.
boogieman4hire
Platinum Grunt

Postby Cythagen » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:35 pm

boogieman4hire wrote:Now that I have the power for one more standard figure which should I choose? Morgolyth or Lucretia? The vampires and skeletons are my favorite groups and therefore my collection's emphasis is more on those two and both these creepy ladies are the leader of their respective group. So I'm not sure who to pick.

I'm all in for the Vampires and only lukewarm on skeletons, but I'm not in love with Lucretia's head-sculpt, while Morgolyth's is pretty incredible. If I had to choose, I'd go with Bony Hat Lady.
Cythagen
Bronze Grunt

Postby boogieman4hire » Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:22 pm

Thank you Cythagen. I agree plus she looks like an undead Egyptian queen. And I don't have any mummies. Now to go find some canopic jars.
boogieman4hire
Platinum Grunt

Postby you_will_forget » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:43 pm

I had an all-in for the Kickstarter, plus a 6-pack of goblins, one to two more of each of the legion builders, another Boarrior, Vampire Knight and Shadow Elf Warrior in the BackerKit.

I realised after the Silver Dwarf Campaign in the All-Stars that I needed a couple more Cavern Dwarves, so that's all I've ordered this time.

Jo
Who's hoping we get a month or two breather before the exclusives go up
Please don't be upset if I don't respond - I'm not coping well at the moment
you_will_forget
Silver Grunt

PreviousNext

Return to Mythic Legions Kickstarter & Fantastic Exclusive