Will we see halflings?

Will we see halflings?

Postby beast guy » Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:12 am

I know the Horsemen moved away from 4" scale for Mythic Legions due to costs not being much different from 1:12 scale. But is there space for wee folk in the world of Mythos? There are easily half a dozen different races witch can be created from a four inch body.
beast guy
Platinum Grunt

Re: Will we see halflings?

Postby Ideal » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:29 am

I think one issue is that proportions of those smaller races are all pretty different.

It isnt just a matter of making a 4in figure and calling it good. While there are some exceptions, a 4in scale figure doesn't really look like a small creature/person next to a 6in scale figure.

to make a believable hobbit, for instance, a scaled down body wouldn't work. You would need a dedicated sculpt to get the proportions of it to both look good and fit in as believable with the other ML figures.

Conversely, a fairy type creature would probably work best as a scaled down body, and the sculpts created to use as hobbits wouldn't be usable.
Ideal
Platinum Grunt

Postby Visionary » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:24 pm

I think the goblin body with big feet and a fat head and no beard might work
If you look real close,you can see my avatar is laughing at you.
Visionary
Goldsmith

Postby beast guy » Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:25 am

Ideal wrote:I think one issue is that proportions of those smaller races are all pretty different.

It isnt just a matter of making a 4in figure and calling it good. While there are some exceptions, a 4in scale figure doesn't really look like a small creature/person next to a 6in scale figure.

to make a believable hobbit, for instance, a scaled down body wouldn't work. You would need a dedicated sculpt to get the proportions of it to both look good and fit in as believable with the other ML figures.

Conversely, a fairy type creature would probably work best as a scaled down body, and the sculpts created to use as hobbits wouldn't be usable.

That is actually what I was thinking with my poorly articulated post. I am thinking something close to the height of a Boss Fight Studio figure but beefier. I am just curious if people would go for it even if prices were not far off from a standard human male.
beast guy
Platinum Grunt

Postby Visionary » Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:15 am

Just make it a 2 pack for $30 and I'm in.
If you look real close,you can see my avatar is laughing at you.
Visionary
Goldsmith

Postby Havoc » Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:11 am

I can't afford to go all in with these figures (both money and space-wise) so I cherry pick my figures. If a smaller figure looked good and fit in with the series, then I would buy even on the high side.
Havoc
Silver Grunt

Postby Ziero01 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:11 pm

Visually speaking, Halflings are pretty much skinny Dwarves. All they'd need to do would be to make short, thin arms to go with the short thin 2.0 goblin legs and you'd have your halfling right there. Hell, the fem-Dwarf looks more halfling then Dwarf as is. A new cloth body would help immensely, which really is needed for the 2.0 buck, but it wouldn't be all that difficult to make Halflings in this line using most of the parts we already have available.
Ziero01
Platinum Grunt

Postby newfoundma » Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:30 am

Visionary wrote:I think the goblin body with big feet and a fat head and no beard might work

I agree that the goblin bodies with a few new pieces could work well.
newfoundma
Silver Grunt

Postby Jeremy Girard » Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:36 am

I've actually asked Cornboy about this before - the possibility of making "smaller" races like halflings, pixies, etc. He said they've talked about it and they absolutely plan on doing it in the future. He mentioned that maybe they would do 2-packs of smaller figs to make it make sense cost-wise for fans. He did not say that they had any immediate plans to do these, but they are on the agenda and they are aware of the need to add these smaller races to Mythoss!
Check all of my Mythic Legions customs at www.pumpkin-king.com/mythic
Jeremy Girard
Apprentice

Return to Mythic Legions Kickstarter & Fantastic Exclusive