This is my Kung Fu, and it is strong...(sculpting/casting)

Re: This is my Kung Fu, and it is strong...(sculpting/castin

Postby JamesLynch » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:40 pm

Is that a silver headed cat with an amber torso? This seems like a ginormous tribute to Micornauts.
JamesLynch
Silver Apprentice

Postby zombie13 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:40 pm

JamesLynch wrote:Is that a silver headed cat with an amber torso? This seems like a ginormous tribute to Micornauts.

You know, I never thought of it that way. I actually LOL'd IRL. HA! No, that's just a B'alam head wrapped in aluminum foil. And the Torso is a mock cast I made that I use when painting or sculpting so I don't mess up any of my official figures. I don't offer the torsos for purchase (for those of you that might get some bright ideas). I've thought about doing Torsos, but I'm stuck in head and feet Hell right now. I'll eventually get to other stuff, I think. :P
Anyone that needs me off site or not a registered member here may email me at zombie13.customs@yahoo.com
Follow me on Instagram at zombie13.customs
zombie13
Smith

Postby skeletom » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:42 pm

OMG, Z13!! If you ever do torsos I would so be on board for just about anything! :D
skeletom
Bronze Grunt

Postby zombie13 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:59 pm

Another teaser. Nothing wrong with a little peak-a-boo. Since I didn't take those in progress shots of this one, you're stuck with my superior image editing skills. And by superior, I totally mean taking a sticker image and putting it over my photo. Enjoy the rocks.

Anyone that needs me off site or not a registered member here may email me at zombie13.customs@yahoo.com
zombie13
Smith

Postby zombie13 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:21 pm

A little bit more revealed. What could it be? Hmm...

zombie13
Smith

Postby Jeremy Girard » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:49 pm

Looks like a helmet accessory for a certain cat-man figure.
Check all of my Mythic Legions customs at www.pumpkin-king.com/mythic
Jeremy Girard
Apprentice

Postby Darren » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:52 am

Sweet Christmas! That looks like Battle Cat's helmet/mask. Sign me up right now. A certain tribute figure that I ordered will need something like that.
Darren
Platinum Grunt

Postby zombie13 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:30 am

You guys are correct! From the very moment I saw Cowarros, I knew I was going to make this helmet. Once completed, it will fit snuggly and securely to the head. I'm still working out the kinks on it, but I'm in the middle of molding and casting the master casts. Once those are finished, I'll me able to make the molds and start casting these for everyone that wants them. I don't have a Cowarros yet so I can't start paint matching until I do. In the mean time, here is another Work In Progress sculpt shot. Keep in mind, these pictures are of the rough sculpts. More refined shots will come later. Stay tuned for more pictures.

zombie13
Smith

Postby Ideal » Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:45 am

maaaaaaaan….
I completely passed on Cowarros, but that helmet is gonna make me regret not getting him
Ideal
Platinum Grunt

Postby Jeremy Girard » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:08 am

I actually have a Cowaross coming that I didn't know what I was going to do with. Now I know.
Check all of my Mythic Legions customs at www.pumpkin-king.com/mythic
Jeremy Girard
Apprentice

Postby Naja » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:07 pm

SWEET!!
Naja
Apprentice

Postby zombie13 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:50 pm

Here's another one for today. Here the nose is taking shape. Please excuse the largeness of the look on the nose, I was too close when I took this picture. The actual dimensions are better scaled to each other. This was all sculpted while looking at the 200X Battle Cat. I don't have the MOTU Classic version and only just yesterday got the MOTU Classics Battle Lion (which used the same mask design). So this is based off the Battle Cat from the 200X mask. I went with this one because of personal preference. I'm sure there are hard core fans of that classic Battle Cat Helmet, but it always looked like a bird or something to me. I can always do one of those too if there is a big enough demand for it. This one is already finished and I've already moved on to sculpting the next one. If it turns out as good as this one, I'll be sure to share just like this one. So here is the next In Progress shot...

zombie13
Smith

Postby skeletom » Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:12 pm

I was really hoping for a Fruity Pebbles Faced Walrus Man-Cat but I guess I DO totally love your 200x Battle Cat helmet too... :D
skeletom
Bronze Grunt

Postby Darren » Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:20 pm

I have a lot of nostalgic love for the bird beak helmet. IMO the 200X helmet would look better with Mythic Legions armor. Also, a proper bird beak helmet would be huge.
Darren
Platinum Grunt

Postby zombie13 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:48 pm

Thanks guys. Here is the finished sculpt work. I may have to sand down the little spiked areas around the ears. My first cast is a little tuff to get on the head. Just a little bit of that "tweaking" that needs to be done.

At this stage, the clean up on the sculpt hasn't been done yet, so things look a little rough. I ended up breaking the front teeth off a few times during the clean up process and the casting phase. I've had to glue them back in place more times than I care to admit. The sculpt is as thin as I could make it so it won't look too big on the figure. Stay tuned! There's more to share with this little project. Just wait until you see the test fit pictures.
zombie13
Smith

PreviousNext

Return to Mythic Legions Kickstarter & Fantastic Exclusive