Mythic Legions: Soul Spiller

Re: Mythic Legions: Soul Spiller

Postby naugem » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:31 am

Finally placed my order, just 3 figures this time: Cowarros, Fury Orc and Thallyn.
I might try to get the troll when it's on stock.
naugem
Golden Grunt

Postby Forcehunter » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:18 pm

Just placed a second order. The first order consisted of: 3x Cowrrows 3x Venetus, Ragna, Thallya.
And now I have 4 Fury Clan orcs added to my collection. I may just steal their armor and give it to the Coliseum orcs.
Forcehunter
Bronze Grunt

Postby NorthCoast » Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:30 am

Well, I’m all in once again. I really need to purchase some more display cases. :D
NorthCoast
Apprentice

Postby DennyCrane » Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:41 am

Does anyone remember on the last interim wave (think it was Coliseum) in-stock sale, if there was an all-in offered? With AoD bearing down on us in the next few weeks and a possible in-stock for remainders, I'm looking to manage funds for the short term and thinking of just getting my favorites from this wave for now.
DennyCrane
Bronze Grunt

Postby Forcehunter » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:54 pm

I think the all-in sets are only for pre-orders due to getting the factory exact numbers. The way the factory minimums work don't favor the Horsemen getting excess All-In packages. In-stock would strictly be the unsold quantites of individual figures to hit the minimum batch numbers. At least that is my understanding.
Forcehunter
Bronze Grunt

Postby jscott991 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:01 pm

Actually, they originally planned to offer All-Ins for Coliseum's in stock sale but then dropped that after protests so that more people would have a better chance of getting figures.

I really doubt they will offer All-ins when or if there is an AoD in stock sale.
jscott991
Silver Grunt

Postby DennyCrane » Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:19 pm

Hmm. Well I was thinking of waiting for the all-in on this wave during the in-stock sale. But if popular opinion changed plans on Coliseum, they probably won't do it. To their credit, the Horsemen seem to be pretty responsive when it comes to the larger customer wants. Just wish they were better on individual customer service response.
DennyCrane
Bronze Grunt

Postby Darren » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:40 pm

I know that some people do not like Pixel Dan. For the most part I like his content. Dan's review of Cowarros sold me on the figure. I placed an order this morning.
Darren
Platinum Grunt

Postby jscott991 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:52 pm

Darren wrote:I know that some people do not like Pixel Dan. For the most part I like his content. Dan's review of Cowarros sold me on the figure. I placed an order this morning.

He's never met a figure he didn't love to death.

He has sunk to new lows since Super7 took over the MOTUC license.
jscott991
Silver Grunt

Postby JamesLynch » Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:57 pm

jscott991 wrote:
Darren wrote:I know that some people do not like Pixel Dan. For the most part I like his content. Dan's review of Cowarros sold me on the figure. I placed an order this morning.

The only example I can think of that he didn't love was MOTUC Panthor, and that's only because it wasn't flocked like the original. Which seemed like a bizarre complaint to me, since I find flocked action figures to be mostly, how you say, garbage? Like someone looked at vac-metal painting on an action figure as said, "Hold my beer."
JamesLynch
Silver Apprentice

Postby Darren » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:57 pm

BBTS has started their pre-order for Soul Spiller.
https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Search?H ... m_content=.
Regular figures are listed as $49.99 each. The Troll is going for $169.99.
Darren
Platinum Grunt

Postby boogieman4hire » Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:39 am

JamesLynch wrote:
jscott991 wrote:

The only example I can think of that he didn't love was MOTUC Panthor, and that's only because it wasn't flocked like the original. Which seemed like a bizarre complaint to me, since I find flocked action figures to be mostly, how you say, garbage? Like someone looked at vac-metal painting on an action figure as said, "Hold my beer."

MOTU Classics Moss Man is the only figure to date that made the flocking work, in my opinion. But it isn't that nasty velvety fine grain felt like flock that a Panthor would require.
boogieman4hire
Platinum Grunt

Postby newfoundma » Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:59 am

Darren wrote:BBTS has started their pre-order for Soul Spiller.
https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Search?H ... m_content=.
Regular figures are listed as $49.99 each. The Troll is going for $169.99.

Nice that the troll has gotten less expensive than previous waves. I bought the Forest Troll from BBTS for $200, double Store Horsemen's cost (he was still worth every penny).
newfoundma
Silver Grunt

Postby mignash » Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:42 pm

Okay, so from the bios on the Soul Spiller figures we know the Soul Spiller is actually the sword of Illythia, which is to be given to Lucretia to help return Illythia to Mythos. This reflects how Gorgo used the Aetherblade to return Arethyr in the Mythic Legions comics. So do we figure Illythia will be the next of the "Big 8" figures we will see released after Arethyr?

What do we know about Illythia?

-Female
-She's the mother of vampires and specifically Baron Volligar is her son and Lucretia is her granddaughter.
-Illythia's Brood seems to be in direct opposition to Xylona's Flock, so Xylona is her opposite on number?
-In the "Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse" she seems to be "Famine", driven by her teams' hunger for the life of others.
-Her legion symbol seems to have elements of scales in balance, a female top and maybe a spider bottom?

That was her on the right in the comic... riding a horse?

mignash
Silver Grunt

Postby boogieman4hire » Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:32 am

mignash wrote:Okay, so from the bios on the Soul Spiller figures we know the Soul Spiller is actually the sword of Illythia, which is to be given to Lucretia to help return Illythia to Mythos. This reflects how Gorgo used the Aetherblade to return Arethyr in the Mythic Legions comics. So do we figure Illythia will be the next of the "Big 8" figures we will see released after Arethyr?

What do we know about Illythia?

-Female
-She's the mother of vampires and specifically Baron Volligar is her son and Lucretia is her granddaughter.
-Illythia's Brood seems to be in direct opposition to Xylona's Flock, so Xylona is her opposite on number?
-In the "Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse" she seems to be "Famine", driven by her teams' hunger for the life of others.
-Her legion symbol seems to have elements of scales in balance, a female top and maybe a spider bottom?

That was her on the right in the comic... riding a horse?

I doubt it. I had heard some mention of 'bug parts' in the works already for Poxxus since the online convention. So he definitely must be farther along since then.
boogieman4hire
Platinum Grunt

PreviousNext

Return to Mythic Legions Kickstarter & Fantastic Exclusive