Mythic Legions: Soul Spiller

Re: Mythic Legions: Soul Spiller

Postby garyl » Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:56 pm

Darren wrote:
you_will_forget wrote:Unfortunately I was correct.

I've been charged £48 in customs for one parcel and £36 for the other, basically enough so that I could have bought a second troll. For context, my all-in (plus extras) for the AoD kickstarter came in two boxes and I was charged £36 per box, so it has cost me significantly more in customs to get this small wave.

What's even more annoying is that smaller charge was completely unnecessary as there was plenty of space in the larger box (it had the troll, then a smaller box inside with the rest of the wave) to fit those extra three figures in. Again, for context, this was all one order, not two separate ones that I hoped they'd combine.

Jo
Not coping well, broke and sliding back into the pit

Wow. That's expensive. I wonder if the Horsemen are afraid to over pack a box?

I had the same experience ( minus custom charges ); one box with troll and smaller box for the all-in, then three figures shipped in a second box a few days later. The three figures did fit inside the original shipment but it was snug and two were on their sides ( I was curious if they would fit, also ). I don't know the reason but would guess it was just part of a shipping plan to ship out the all-ins first, then whatever is left. That the trade off in saved time, emptying the warehouse quickly and possibly less overall confusion was worth any additional shipping costs.
garyl
Golden Grunt

Postby Darren » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:15 pm

I received My Cowarros today. I really love his colors. I was worried that the Red would be to bright. The flat dark Red looks great with the Gold trim. My only complaint is the eyes. My Cowarros has a lazy eye. The right eye looks straight forward. The left eye is looking at something on the other side of the room.
Darren
Platinum Grunt

Postby Ziero01 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:45 pm

Haven't opened the rest of my order yet, but I just love Thallyn. There's just something about the Elves in this line that make them super generic, but perfect for adding parts that give them much more personality. Some stolen bits from a Toybiz LotR Arwen and some leather lacing is all it took to give her a much more elegant frozen survivalist look. Still need to work on some sheaths and straps to carry her axe, bow and knife though.

Ziero01
Platinum Grunt

Postby Hellion » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:54 pm

So can someone show me how the heck to attach the furs to both the snow elf and the dwarf?
Hellion
Silver Grunt

Postby Ideal » Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:58 am

Hellion wrote:So can someone show me how the heck to attach the furs to both the snow elf and the dwarf?

I ended up just kinda eyeballing it and punching holes where I thought appropriate. I know I didn't do it the way it was intended.
Ideal
Platinum Grunt

Postby Ziero01 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:22 am

Ideal wrote:
Hellion wrote:So can someone show me how the heck to attach the furs to both the snow elf and the dwarf?

I ended up just kinda eyeballing it and punching holes where I thought appropriate. I know I didn't do it the way it was intended.

No, that's pretty much the way it was intended. Right from the first wave of the line, the 4H have been all 'there is no wrong way to attach the capes'. If you get a cape on in a way that works for you, then you"re all set. They don't really put much emphasis or effort tbh into the soft goods.
Ziero01
Platinum Grunt

Postby Jeremy Girard » Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:30 am

For both of them I used their belts across their torso and tucked the fur underneath in back so the belt would hold it in place. You can see what I mean in some of these pics - https://www.instagram.com/p/ByxEAuzApwu/
Check all of my Mythic Legions customs at www.pumpkin-king.com/mythic
Jeremy Girard
Apprentice

Postby Ashtalon » Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:38 am

Been waiting to do this with the Fury Orcs. They work for Xarria. Demonic Orcs. And thought of a use for the Marvel Legends Red Goblin. May paint his eyebrows to get rid of that white.

Ashtalon
Bronze Grunt

Postby Ideal » Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:58 pm

Ashtalon wrote:Been waiting to do this with the Fury Orcs. They work for Xarria. Demonic Orcs. And thought of a use for the Marvel Legends Red Goblin. May paint his eyebrows to get rid of that white.

Where is that chain from? I am in the market for one like it for my ice troll.

That's a fantastic use of Red Goblin too.
Ideal
Platinum Grunt

Postby Ashtalon » Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:46 pm

I got the chain from Hobby Lobby. There have all kinds of different chain in their jewelry department. I went for the most "used" looking one.
Ashtalon
Bronze Grunt

Postby Ziero01 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:59 pm

Ashtalon wrote:Been waiting to do this with the Fury Orcs. They work for Xarria. Demonic Orcs. And thought of a use for the Marvel Legends Red Goblin. May paint his eyebrows to get rid of that white.

That's a brilliant use of both the Fury Orcs and the Red Goblin figure, though I can't help but feel the Orcs would look 100% better if they had horns. Maybe take some of the extra antler bits and just trim and glue em to the Orc heads.
Ziero01
Platinum Grunt

Postby koonfasa » Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:45 am

Yeah, I want red orcs now.
ship1-3=$22.25;4=$33.25;5-6=$53.25;7-8=$64.70...
koonfasa
Golden Grunt

Postby Havoc » Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:42 am

That motorcycle looks to be a perfect size for these figures. I bought a 1:12 motorcycle for my orcs to ride and it was way too small. I gave it to my baby TMNTs.
Havoc
Silver Grunt

Postby Angohtar » Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:44 am

Holy smokes, Koonfasa, using Thallyn's head with the female knight builder body looks outstanding.
Angohtar
Bronze Grunt

Postby JamesLynch » Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:55 am

Ideal wrote:

There were a series of small divots along the top of the cape on mine. I put the paldron pegs through the outermost divots (folded the space between them over on itself) and pulled the corners around to the front, under the paldrons. Everything is held in place and I think it looks nice.
JamesLynch
Silver Apprentice

PreviousNext

Return to Mythic Legions Kickstarter & Fantastic Exclusive