Advent of Decay test shots

Re: Advent of Decay test shots (or: here we go again...)

Postby domu » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:37 pm

JamesLynch wrote:
Visionary wrote:What about the figures with soft goods? Grey also I assume? Or the final color they will come in?

Did the "test shot" figures from last time even come with their soft goods? I can't recall.

No soft goods the first time.
Buying Test Shots. Looking for any, but will pay very well for these:
B'alam, Goblin Legion Builder, Gwendolynne Heavensbrand, Jjuno the Crusher, Snagg

domu
Apprentice

Postby worldwar_hulk » Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:52 am

Test Shot sale date is postponed for 2 days, till Thursday, August 16th at 9pm EST
We posted recently that the sale for the Mythic Legions: Advent of Decay test shots would begin tomorrow (Tuesday) evening. Unfortunately we had some severe flash flooding in our area over the weekend, and the Four Horsemen warehouse was one of the spots that was hit. Thankfully none of the product that’s currently in the warehouse was damaged, but there’s a lot of clean-up that needs to happen throughout the building before we can begin shipping new product.

Because of this we’re going to back up the sale date of the Mythic Legions: Advent of Decay test shots to Thursday, August 16th at 9pm EST, and we hope to begin shipping the following Monday.
worldwar_hulk
Silver Grunt

Postby newfoundma » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:49 am

worldwar_hulk wrote:Test Shot sale date is postponed for 2 days, till Thursday, August 16th at 9pm EST
We posted recently that the sale for the Mythic Legions: Advent of Decay test shots would begin tomorrow (Tuesday) evening. Unfortunately we had some severe flash flooding in our area over the weekend, and the Four Horsemen warehouse was one of the spots that was hit. Thankfully none of the product that’s currently in the warehouse was damaged, but there’s a lot of clean-up that needs to happen throughout the building before we can begin shipping new product.

Because of this we’re going to back up the sale date of the Mythic Legions: Advent of Decay test shots to Thursday, August 16th at 9pm EST, and we hope to begin shipping the following Monday.

It would be nice to know the pricing ahead of time. :? Otherwise there will be a little bit of math thrown in to the mad dash to buy figures before they sell out.
newfoundma
Silver Grunt

Postby DennyCrane » Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:44 pm

With this extra time I think it would be great to make some changes to the sale, namely:

1. Limit the sale to 1 per character to each customer
2. Kickstarter supporters get first crack on the first day--will amount to a few hours-- and (depending on the price), at discount.
3. When the sale goes wide, keep the same limits in place and by such time (hopefully), the supporters will have theirs and less likely to be sold to just resellers buying dozens or more. After the first full day or so, remove the limits to sell out the rest.

This in my mind would be the right way to run any of these sales. The "feeding frenzys" are just as much a product of lack of limits and safeguards as it is the popularity of the line. I know the Horsemen don't want to get stuck with unsold product, but at this point I'm sure we all realize that's not likely to happen.
Shop DC Collectibles for Pop Culture Entertainment -
Hot Toys, Action Figures, Game & Hobby, Comic Book, Retro / Vintage & More!
http://DCCollect.com • Daily Specials • #24Tuesday • Org member discount • More!
DennyCrane
Bronze Grunt

Postby jscott991 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:51 am

DennyCrane wrote:This in my mind would be the right way to run any of these sales. The "feeding frenzys" are just as much a product of lack of limits and safeguards as it is the popularity of the line. I know the Horsemen don't want to get stuck with unsold product, but at this point I'm sure we all realize that's not likely to happen.

They aren't thinking clearly if they think there's any chance of keeping significant unsold product. Everything except the troll sold out almost immediately when Coliseum went up. AoD will probably go even faster.
jscott991
Bronze Grunt

Postby Ideal » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:11 am

jscott991 wrote:
DennyCrane wrote:This in my mind would be the right way to run any of these sales. The "feeding frenzys" are just as much a product of lack of limits and safeguards as it is the popularity of the line. I know the Horsemen don't want to get stuck with unsold product, but at this point I'm sure we all realize that's not likely to happen.

They aren't thinking clearly if they think there's any chance of keeping significant unsold product. Everything except the troll sold out almost immediately when Coliseum went up. AoD will probably go even faster.

From a buyer's standpoint, it is good to consider a sellout as guaranteed. Get what you can, when you can, because it won't be there long.

However, from a seller's standpoint, a sale is only guaranteed once the money is in hand.

We can say "they arent thinking clearly" all day long, but the fact is, not everything the 4H have put up sold out quickly. Not everything they put up sold out.

Realistically, on something limited like these, a sellout really is a foregone conclusion, but people try to ignore the times the 4H didn't sell everthing.
Ideal
Platinum Grunt

Postby Visionary » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:33 pm

Wish they would put these up in the Store before the sale goes live so we can see them.
If you look real close,you can see my avatar is laughing at you.
Visionary
Goldsmith

Postby TheToyDoc » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:10 pm

I bet they will Vis... I’m not even shooting for Knubnik... maybe another goblin though
TheToyDoc
Apprentice

Postby zombie13 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:55 pm

Honestly there is only one I feel I MUST get. Not saying which one, but maybe another one if the price is right. We will see tomorrow night I suppose.
Anyone that needs me off site or not a registered member here may email me at zombie13.customs@yahoo.com
zombie13
Platinum Apprentice

Postby TheToyDoc » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:09 am

You don’t have to say zomb, but I bet the race rhymes with foblin... I hope they made a few extras of that race
TheToyDoc
Apprentice

Postby DennyCrane » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:16 am

Do the test shots come packaged in the regular art packaging or polybagged? Found an old advert saying they were bagged but recent auction listings are carded.
http://DCCollect.com • Daily Specials • #24Tuesday • Org member discount • More!
DennyCrane
Bronze Grunt

Postby zombie13 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:06 am

The original first test shots were poly bagged. The ones showing up carded were done by someone after they bought it.
Anyone that needs me off site or not a registered member here may email me at zombie13.customs@yahoo.com
zombie13
Platinum Apprentice

Postby DennyCrane » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:21 am

Ah I see. A custom job. Kinda figured that for the case. Thanks for confirming.

Speaking of...has the new package art for AoD been shown yet?
DennyCrane
Bronze Grunt

Postby Ideal » Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:17 pm

MYTHIC LEGIONS: ADVENT OF DECAY TEST SHOTS SALE TONIGHT!!

Tonight (Thursday, August 16th) at 9pm EST an extremely limited amount of Mythic Legions: Advent of Decay test shots are going to be going up for sale exclusively on StoreHorsemen.com. These incredibly rare pre-production figures will come poly-bagged and fully accessorized.

There are only ten pieces of each character available, so yes, it's going to be a brutal battle to get the ones that you want, and we expect them to sell out extremely fast. BUT, we've gotten together with our online retail partner and they've not only installed a new program that will (hopefully) keep you from getting cart-jacked as you're shopping, but we also have this sale set up so that you'll only be able to purchase one of each character (in other words, you can purchase the whole wave if you're fast enough, but you'll only be able to get one Knubnik, one Artemyss, one Boarrior, etc. in that wave - not multiples of each character). This gives the greatest number of Mythic Legions fans the chance to get at least one of these highly sought after test shots before they're sold out

sale is tonight folks, and a far more reasonable price that people were doomsaying.

did we ever get a full list of what all test shots there will be?
Ideal
Platinum Grunt

Postby Visionary » Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:25 pm

I think all of them.
If you look real close,you can see my avatar is laughing at you.
Visionary
Goldsmith

PreviousNext

Return to Mythic Legions Kickstarter & Fantastic Exclusive