Mythic Legions 2.0 Advent of Decay In Hand Pics!

Mythic Legions 2.0 Advent of Decay In Hand Pics!

Postby Visionary » Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:35 pm

Time to start one of these

The heads are not easily swapped out due to the tight fit and neck peg seperation.
If you look real close,you can see my avatar is laughing at you.
Visionary
Goldsmith

Re: Mythic Legions 2.0 Advent of Decay In Hand Pics!

Postby Visionary » Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:10 pm

Red Hot!JJuno is definitely a Top 5 figure from this wave.I wasn't keen on the face tattoo when first revealed but it works for that Clan or Tribe feel for Barbarians.She has a great thickness to her body wise and well proportioned imo.Skimpy enough for now. ;)

This is why I buy action figures!
Last edited by Visionary on Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Visionary
Goldsmith

Postby boogieman4hire » Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:18 pm

Visionary wrote:Red Hot!JJuno is definitely a Top 5 figure from this wave.I wasn't keen on the face tattoo when first revealed but it works for that Clan or Tribe feel for Barbarians.She has a great thickness to her body wise and well proportioned imo.Skimpy enough for now. ;)

This is why I buy action figures!

With those proportions is it Mythic Legions or My-thicc Legions?
boogieman4hire
Platinum Grunt

Postby Spongyblue » Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:19 pm

Great pics, super jealous. The gold elf hooked me in and I'm glad the colors really pop on him.
Spongyblue
Silver Grunt

Postby Visionary » Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:36 pm

Hagnon is another beauty! The softer plastic makes him less rigid in the joints but makes me very paranoid about switching the heads.

The Glow effect is very nice and eerie.I'll need a few of these for a ghost army.

Visionary
Goldsmith

Postby boogieman4hire » Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:16 pm

Visionary wrote:Hagnon is another beauty! The softer plastic makes him less rigid in the joints but makes me very paranoid about switching the heads.

The Glow effect is very nice and eerie.I'll need a few of these for a ghost army.

Does he glow much brighter than it looks in your photo?
boogieman4hire
Platinum Grunt

Postby Visionary » Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:18 pm

The great Baena artwork on the back packaging,tho seen before still looks amazing and a very much welcomed change for freshness.I'll be fine with this till 3.0 for sure.Btw who's the Mage with the pointy ears in the pic?

You know they should've done the full art as wraparound to both sides with that nice yellow color scheme.

Last edited by Visionary on Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Visionary
Goldsmith

Postby Visionary » Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:19 pm

boogieman4hire wrote:
Visionary wrote:Hagnon is another beauty! The softer plastic makes him less rigid in the joints but makes me very paranoid about switching the heads.

Does he glow much brighter than it looks in your photo?

Oh ya it's much brighter in person and charges fast with a flash of light
Visionary
Goldsmith

Postby ToDigAndBeDug » Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:31 pm

Visionary wrote:The great Baena artwork on the back packaging,tho seen before still looks amazing and a very much welcomed change for freshness.I'll be fine with this till 3.0 for sure.Btw who's the Mage with the pointy ears in the pic?

I believe that that's supposed to be Jorund Runeshaper. The ears are the ones from his helmet.

So what are your overall impressions about the Advent of Decay wave? I'm particularly interested in what you think they did well and where improvement could be made (joints, paint, articulation)?
ToDigAndBeDug
Silver Grunt

Postby Visionary » Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:58 pm

ToDigAndBeDug wrote:
Visionary wrote:The great Baena artwork on the back packaging,tho seen before still looks amazing and a very much welcomed change for freshness.I'll be fine with this till 3.0 for sure.Btw who's the Mage with the pointy ears in the pic?

I believe that that's supposed to be Jorund Runeshaper. The ears are the ones from his helmet.

So what are your overall impressions about the Advent of Decay wave? I'm particularly interested in what you think they did well and where improvement could be made (joints, paint, articulation)?

Jorund! ya ok I can see it now.Thanks guys.

I've only opened these four so far so these are just quick impressions of only handling them briefly.

Paint seems to almost flawless so far with no blemishes or Paint rub.

Joints are TIGHT on these so far so be careful and do whatever "tricks" you gotta do to loosen them up.I have been wary to really try so far because it's like holding a baby to me.

The only drawbacks I can mention right now is the not so easy switching of heads and the small hand grips for the thicker weapon and shield handles.

But these are definitely some of the MOST FANTASTIC LOOKING FIGURES I HAVE EVER SEEN AND I LOVE THEM! :D

Wait till you guys see Herra and Xarria in person!
Visionary
Goldsmith

Postby ToDigAndBeDug » Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:11 pm

Visionary wrote:
ToDigAndBeDug wrote:

Jorund! ya ok I can see it now.Thanks guys.

I've only opened these four so far so these are just quick impressions of only handling them briefly.

Paint seems to almost flawless so far with no blemishes or Paint rub.

Joints are TIGHT on these so far so be careful and do whatever "tricks" you gotta do to loosen them up.I have been wary to really try so far because it's like holding a baby to me.

The only drawbacks I can mention right now is the not so easy switching of heads and the small hand grips for the thicker weapon and shield handles.

But these are definitely some of the MOST FANTASTIC LOOKING FIGURES I HAVE EVER SEEN AND I LOVE THEM! :D

Wait till you guys see Herra and Xarria in person!

Cool. Thanks for the info!

Happy to hear about the near flawless paint. Is it not even rubbing off in joints? Seems like that's been a pretty widespread problem with Mythic Legions up to this point.

I don't mind tight joints too much. Better too tight than too loose, in my opinion. Tight joints are easier to loosen up than the opposite.

Too bad about the thick handles and small hands. Is the actual neck coming out of the torso when trying to switch heads? I hate when that happens, but not a huge deal, since I don't do a lot of head switching. Usually just choose one I like and leave it.
ToDigAndBeDug
Silver Grunt

Postby Visionary » Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:21 pm

I've noticed a bit of joint rub and flaking so far on Jjuno's shoulders.

Ya the neck is coming out with the head switching which is annoying as well.The plastic used for the Test Shots made switching much easier so maybe it's just a matter of finding the right mix of plastic.
Visionary
Goldsmith

Postby ReallyBigKid » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:33 pm

Did the elf legion builder's hand fall off in the package, Vis?
ReallyBigKid
Bronze Apprentice

Postby Visionary » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:16 pm

No,why is that an issue?

I'm sure when the articulation junkies get ahold of these they'll be putting them through their paces for real and more issues might be discovered.

It's a fine line when doing female or small frame characters(elves,skeletons) who have thinner joints there by maybe becoming weaker when stressed with posing over and over.

I'm not an art junkie but I'd like to have the option just in case I want to do a video or get a specific pose for the shelf.
Visionary
Goldsmith

Postby ReallyBigKid » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:24 pm

Visionary wrote:No,why is that an issue?

I'm sure when the articulation junkies get ahold of these they'll be putting them through their paces for real and more issues might be discovered.

It's a fine line when doing female or small frame characters(elves,skeletons) who have thinner joints there by maybe becoming weaker when stressed with posing over and over.

I'm not an art junkie but I'd like to have the option just in case I want to do a video or get a specific pose for the shelf.

Sorry, Vis. It looked at first like he was missing his hand in your packaged pic. I see it now. I have heard on facebook that some of the figures have loose wrists, though.
ReallyBigKid
Bronze Apprentice

Next

Return to Mythic Legions Kickstarter & Fantastic Exclusive