Mythic Legions 2.0 Advent of Decay In Hand Pics!

Re: Mythic Legions 2.0 Advent of Decay In Hand Pics!

Postby newfoundma » Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:53 pm

koonfasa wrote:Still haven’t cracked open the goblins yet...

Gorgeous. I ended up loving the turquoise in the armor.
newfoundma
Silver Grunt

Postby Garnik » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:00 pm

NorthCoast wrote:
Garnik wrote:
NorthCoast wrote:No problem and I’m sure I will enjoy them. Any painting tips you’d like to share?

Just a quick edit: I know for a fact Zombie has experience painting 3D prints from Shapeways and he'd have more experience than I on that but Naja and/or Jeremy would be my next go to painters for tips. I'd apprentice with either of them if apprenticing was still a generally accepted employment choice :D

Just got the shield handles in today and I gotta say, Garnik, you're a genius! These things are perfect!

I just finished cutting the sprues and added a layer of black acrylic to prime them. Thanks everyone for the paint tips and I found one myself. If you cut one cotton end off a q-tip, it fits perfectly in the hole and makes an ideal holder when painting these shield handles. Then you can really paint the whole thing quickly. I did notice that placing them on the shield must widen the hole ever so slightly, because the one I had tested on a shield was a tiny bit looser on the q-tip when painting. I'd recommend painting these as soon as you get them.

I might do a couple different colors for the final paints depending what shields I use these on, or I may get lazy and leave them black. We'll see. :D

Thanks again, I'm very thrilled with these and will buy more!

That is AWESOME NorthCoast! I'm so happy you're enjoying them!
Garnik
Bronze Grunt

Postby jscott991 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:50 am

I've had a lot of trouble getting my Ravaena to stand. And then I noticed this from the back.

Is that something that is connected wrong? Can I fix it or is it a manufacturing flaw?
jscott991
Silver Grunt

Postby TheToyDoc » Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:34 pm

Looks like the leg isnt popped in far enough. There is so much play in those hips because the pegs are small and the hips are tight. Every one I’ve opened I’ve popped the leg off and coated the peg in superglue, let it dry, pop it back in and it works so much better.
TheToyDoc
Apprentice

Postby jscott991 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:38 pm

TheToyDoc wrote:Looks like the leg isnt popped in far enough. There is so much play in those hips because the pegs are small and the hips are tight. Every one I’ve opened I’ve popped the leg off and coated the peg in superglue, let it dry, pop it back in and it works so much better.

I agree that the hips seem loose.

So should I pop it off and then put it back on, possibly with glue or that floor finish to tighten it up?
jscott991
Silver Grunt

Postby zombie13 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:24 pm

Not sure I see what you see. But if you use glue or floor finish, be very careful not to get it in the joint. The floor finish is more forgiving that superglue, but it also takes longer and sometimes requires more than one coat.
Anyone that needs me off site or not a registered member here may email me at zombie13.customs@yahoo.com
Follow me on Instagram at zombie13.customs
zombie13
Smith

Postby Holy_Wave » Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:31 pm

The hip and shoulder peg design on the 2.0 bodies is, in my opinion, inherently flawed. The pegs aren't big enough and aren't tight enough. Coupled with the ridiculously tight hinges & its just not a good build.

The first 2.0 figures I opened developed "hip wiggle" and I thought it was my fault for trying to forcefully move the frozen hinged joints. The pressure on the pegs kinda gouges out the socket.

But now with the in-stock sale figures I've been careful. Heated up the joints to get them to move and....same thing. Hip pegs just roll right out. After they pop out once, they'll go back in, but they're not tight. Then as the hinged joints refreeze you have a figure thats difficult to pose.

I've been exploring different fixes, from doing something like ToyDoc suggests to tighten up the peg joints, to even using plastic compatible oil on the hinge joints to prevent the problem from recurring.

Its definitely dampened some of my enthusiasm for the 2.0 figures. The 1.0 bodies are awesome as ever.
Last edited by Holy_Wave on Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Holy_Wave

Postby zombie13 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:41 pm

There are also little spurs on the male part of the hip peg to the joint. Those scare the crap out of me because over time, I feel they will cut and carve out the plastic in the female socket to the joint. I might sand them off on one of mine to see how it works without them.
Anyone that needs me off site or not a registered member here may email me at zombie13.customs@yahoo.com
Follow me on Instagram at zombie13.customs
zombie13
Smith

Postby jscott991 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:33 pm

Holy_Wave wrote:Its definitely dampened some of my enthusiasm for the 2.0 figures. The 1.0 bodies are awesome as ever.

Ravaena is the only figure I've opened of the eight I got during the in-stock sale.

She's really dampened my enthusiasm. I'm not eager to open the others and deal with the weird ankles and loose hips (or the capes, frankly).
jscott991
Silver Grunt

Postby Ziero01 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:55 pm

As much as I love these figures, I do have to agree the hips have been a point of worry for me. On almost all the 2.0 bodies, the sockets have gotten loose as soon as I tried to move the hips out. Even in the ones I've heated up, the sockets still get stretched just enough to give the figures a slight wobble.

The disc joint in the hips themselves seems to be the main cause of the problem as it's just too tight for the sockets to deal with. It's also an issue that's almost impossible to really fix as it's a joint that's non-removable. The detents within the joint are nice, but were probably made a bit too tight. With the 1.0 figures, there were issues with some having too loose of a hip joint, in the 2.0 stuff I feel they over-corrected the issue a bit too much creating a new problem.
Ziero01
Platinum Grunt

Postby Darren » Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:40 pm

jscott991 wrote:I've had a lot of trouble getting my Ravaena to stand. And then I noticed this from the back.

Is that something that is connected wrong? Can I fix it or is it a manufacturing flaw?

I just got Jjuno and Xarria in the mail. I ordered them during the in stock sale. Man what a disappointment. Both figures have quality control issues with their legs/hips.

On Jjuno one leg is longer than the other. The left hip joint does not sink deep into the leg socket.

Xarria's left leg is falling off completely. The little peg that attaches the leg to the body will not stay in the hole.
Darren
Platinum Grunt

Postby jscott991 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:36 pm

I'm really sorry and worried to hear that. My Ravaena is almost impossible to get get standing. It has to do with the hip issue I'm sure (the ankles aren't great either).

I have like 55 figures coming later. It seems that maybe the reviews of these were a little overly positive.
jscott991
Silver Grunt

Postby Darren » Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:46 pm

jscott991 wrote:I'm really sorry and worried to hear that. My Ravaena is almost impossible to get get standing. It has to do with the hip issue I'm sure (the ankles aren't great either).

I have like 55 figures coming later. It seems that maybe the reviews of these were a little overly positive.

I don't know how wide spread these issues are. I ordered a lot of figures from the second Kickstarter. These are the first issues that I have run into. I doubt that the bulk of your figures will have hips like this. (Fingers crossed)

I plan to take some pictures and send them to the Horsemen.
Darren
Platinum Grunt

Postby jscott991 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:55 pm

What email do you use for these types of issues?
jscott991
Silver Grunt

Postby Holy_Wave » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:57 am

jscott- I don't blame you for not wanting to open all your figures. I still have AOD kickstarter figures unopened. At some point trying to pose these things without breaking them became more like work. Even the figures I've opened, most are just kinda "propped up" in my display. The long spear has become the weapon of choice in Mythoss, it serves as a good crutch to hold the figures up. :oops:

Darren - I'm not sure how widespread the problems with these are either but I've got about 20, 2.0 bodied figures and all 20 have hip, shoulder or ankle issues. They range from falling apart to almost pose-able. Please do contact the Horsemen. I plan on doing so as well. I've got more on the way in the 2nd pre-order so at least if we make them aware of the problems maybe they can fix these issues going forward.

Ziero1- I don't know if it will be a fix for the tight joints but I found a product on Amazon called "Labelle 108" plastic compatible oil. It seems like it has a good reputation with model train hobbyists. I'm reluctant to attempt it but I'm going to try and oil the joints to loosen'em up. Not really sure what else to do at this point.
Holy_Wave

PreviousNext

Return to Mythic Legions Kickstarter & Fantastic Exclusive