ToyConNJ

ToyConNJ

Postby Chicken George » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:31 pm

Went to the show in New Jersey today to get the exclusive Fury Clan Orc and Lord Veteris.

Not only did I score these, but I also scored left over Malynna and Cowarros from PowerCon, and 7 other AOD figures. I could have gotten more, but these are my extras to open and customize, and I have several already on order with the last pre-order.

They had 3 or 4 of most of the figures if not all. Was hard to tell if they had them all, as everyone was all over them. They also had the weapons packs but just a few of those as well. First batch sold out before 9:30. They said probably only going to have them Saturday. They were saving some of the exclusives for Sunday for sure.

Nice conversation with Eric, the present plan is for Ogre figures to be around $55 each maybe 2 for 100 during the pre-order. He also said that some of the factory work was already in progress, so lead time should be shorter.

Eric also said that the Horse Pre-Order/Kickstarter will include some horse and rider combo's. In addition they plan on detailed painted horses and legion builder less painted and less expensive horses as well. They are planning on separate tack for the horses, so you will be able to order the horses you want and customize them with separate tack/themes for you mounts. He is hoping a standard horse will be around $35 with maybe tack being an addition $15. So price breakdown around $50. for a complete rig.

I also asked him about Thundercats, he said it is a popular question, that they are not currently working on any new prototype figures for Mattel, but have had quite a few new projects thrown to them recently.
Last edited by Chicken George on Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
Chicken George
Bronze Grunt

Re: ToyConNJ

Postby zombie13 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:46 pm

Thanks for the info CG. Very helpful. Gives me a rough idea of a budget I may need to come up with.
Anyone that needs me off site or not a registered member here may email me at zombie13.customs@yahoo.com
Follow me on Instagram at zombie13.customs
zombie13
Smith

Postby BoBoJango » Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:10 pm

Awesome! Thanks for the info.
BoBoJango
Silver Grunt

Postby Spongyblue » Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:28 pm

I was there, scored both a Hagnon and a Balam, two I wasn't too gaga about before, but seeing them in person changed my mind. I was tempted to get Gadriel and I should have bit, but by the time I was she was gone. Good to see the guys in person and chit chat.
Spongyblue
Silver Grunt

Postby boogieman4hire » Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:18 am

Toycon NJ is more than one day right? If any of you are going could one of you ask the Four Horsemen how its going with a blue glow in the dark Hagon.
boogieman4hire
Platinum Grunt

Postby Ziero01 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:06 am

The info on the horses sounds fantastic, though I can't see myself going too crazy with them outside of specific figures. I've gotten a small assortment of the LotR horses that work super well but a few of the massive mounts the 4H are planning will add some nice variety. The Arethyr set is certainly one I will grab though. The prices for the Ogres also sounds great, so I'm really looking forward to grabbing one of them. Hopefully they also have some new interesting figures to go along with them.

I kind of wish I went to the Toycon, but I unfortunately have a busy weekend this weekend and next weekend I have a much different convention that'll eat through my toy budget. Maybe I'll hit it up next year as I'm sure the 4H will still be there with new, amazing stuff.
Ziero01
Platinum Grunt

Postby boogieman4hire » Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:15 am

boogieman4hire wrote:Toycon NJ is more than one day right? If any of you are going could one of you ask the Four Horsemen how its going with a blue glow in the dark Hagon.

And if you do could someone run by my idea again for a Cthulhu troll?
boogieman4hire
Platinum Grunt

Postby NorthCoast » Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:47 pm

Thanks for the update! Hoping for Attlus and this bear mount!
NorthCoast
Apprentice

Postby beast guy » Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:10 pm

So it looks like there will be a fourth ogre, or (wishful thinking) there will be a deluxe troop builder in addition to the three ogres we have already seen. This would be a great time to see that dwarf head with the mohawk.

I hope some of the horse/rider combos will include re-releases of older characters. Baron Volligar is a must if vampire themed horses are released.
beast guy
Platinum Grunt

Postby Jundie » Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:14 pm

The line up as of Saturday is 3 Ogres, 1 regular ($35) and a legion builder. With the all in coming in right at $200. Thinking the All In is about a 10% discount.

Orc Ogre $55
Barb Ogre $55
Vamp Ogre $55
Regular $35
Legion Builder $22

Total $222
Feel free to email me: wrpost@gmail.com
Jundie

Postby skeletom » Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:11 pm

Jundie wrote:The line up as of Saturday is 3 Ogres, 1 regular ($35) and a legion builder. With the all in coming in right at $200. Thinking the All In is about a 10% discount.

Orc Ogre $55
Barb Ogre $55
Vamp Ogre $55
Regular $35
Legion Builder $22

Total $222

Sounds great! :D
skeletom
Bronze Grunt

Postby ReallyBigKid » Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:36 pm

Male Vampire Legion builder perhaps? Zombie legion builder? :D
ReallyBigKid
Bronze Apprentice

Postby worldwar_hulk » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:47 pm

I would guess that one or the other is another goblin. They're pretty big on the goblins and we already know there's another unused goblin head sculpt out there.

If so I'd hope for it to be the $22 Legion Builder. I wouldn't expect that though.
worldwar_hulk
Silver Grunt

Postby jscott991 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:51 pm

The legion builder is the only thing I'd be interested in for that wave, and only if it's another female knight.
jscott991
Silver Grunt

Postby Darren » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:09 pm

I'm excited for this wave of figures. I hope that the Orge's end up being $55. I really want the Vampire and the Orc.
Darren
Platinum Grunt

Next

Return to Mythic Legions Kickstarter & Fantastic Exclusive