ToyConNJ

Re: ToyConNJ

Postby Chicken George » Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:01 pm

Gowron wrote:Thanks for the update Chicken George.

Can you or anybody else there please ask them why their customer service is the purist form of shit?

Thank you!


Eric and Jim told me that they are in the process of hiring a firm to take over customer service and shipping issues, and admitted that they are having issues with it, and that that is not what they do, they are toy makers and are trying to get a handle on it. As I was already on my way back to Ohio when I read this, I did not have an opportunity to get a direct answer from them.
User avatar
Chicken George
Bronze Grunt
 
Posts: 182
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:36 am

Re: ToyConNJ

Postby Gowron » Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:14 pm

Chicken George wrote:
Gowron wrote:Thanks for the update Chicken George.

Can you or anybody else there please ask them why their customer service is the purist form of shit?

Thank you!


Eric and Jim told me that they are in the process of hiring a firm to take over customer service and shipping issues, and admitted that they are having issues with it, and that that is not what they do, they are toy makers and are trying to get a handle on it. As I was already on my way back to Ohio when I read this, I did not have an opportunity to get a direct answer from them.


Thank you sir. That is some encouraging information. I do hope they can get a handle on it rather quickly. With each successive shipment I receive, my issues are only mounting. Hope I didn't sound like too much of an ass. The 4H are some really cool guys, I just have about 6 months worth of accumulated and unanswered frustrations going on.
Gowron
Silver Grunt
 
Posts: 443
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:26 pm
Location: Denver, Colorado

Re: ToyConNJ

Postby Satam » Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:46 pm

George, did you by any chance ask when the next Kickstarter might be launching?
User avatar
Satam
Bronze Grunt
 
Posts: 200
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:09 pm

Re: ToyConNJ

Postby Jeremy Girard » Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:01 am

Satam wrote:George, did you by any chance ask when the next Kickstarter might be launching?


They aren't doing another Kickstarter. As George said, the next pre-order will be launched during G-con sometime next month. The 4H have said that they want to move away from the gigantic, Kickstarter-fueled pre-orders and go with smaller waves directly from their site. From what they said, that is the plan for the foreseeable future.
Check all of my Mythic Legions customs at www.pumpkin-king.com/mythic
User avatar
Jeremy Girard
Apprentice
 
Posts: 1049
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:57 am

Re: ToyConNJ

Postby SalemCrow » Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:40 pm

Chicken George wrote:He also said that they were working on some Masters of the Universe stuff for Mattel including their upcoming Power Con figures. I asked him about the possibility of a Thundercats resurrection for Mattel and he would not comment on it, which in my opinion was not saying no, so lets keep our fingers crossed, maybe some news by SDCC, which makes sense, since Mattel seems to be drawing the Masters of the Universe license back from Super 7. Coupled with the loss of DC license I was hoping they would take a look at other properties they had abandoned. I for one am keeping my fingers crossed.


Rumors continue to circulate that Mattel is slowly circling the bowl towards the drain, and some things could be liquidated.
Image
User avatar
SalemCrow
Silver Grunt
 
Posts: 392
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:55 pm

Re: ToyConNJ

Postby jscott991 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:51 pm

SalemCrow wrote:
Chicken George wrote:He also said that they were working on some Masters of the Universe stuff for Mattel including their upcoming Power Con figures. I asked him about the possibility of a Thundercats resurrection for Mattel and he would not comment on it, which in my opinion was not saying no, so lets keep our fingers crossed, maybe some news by SDCC, which makes sense, since Mattel seems to be drawing the Masters of the Universe license back from Super 7. Coupled with the loss of DC license I was hoping they would take a look at other properties they had abandoned. I for one am keeping my fingers crossed.


Rumors continue to circulate that Mattel is slowly circling the bowl towards the drain, and some things could be liquidated.


There are too many rumors about Mattel to count. In one article, they have a $1.7 billion line of credit they haven't had to touch and have over $300 million in cash on hand, and in another article, they are in worse shape than Toys R Us. The latter article was clearly pushed by the Bratz guy, who wants to buy them, so who knows. They also just started a film studio and are further along with a MOTU movie than they have been for decades.

I think Mattel will start making more MOTU figures soon. Whether that means Super7 won't be able to make Classics-types figures is anyone's guess.
User avatar
jscott991
Silver Grunt
 
Posts: 343
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:31 am

Re: ToyConNJ

Postby Satam » Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:10 pm

Jeremy Girard wrote:
Satam wrote:George, did you by any chance ask when the next Kickstarter might be launching?


They aren't doing another Kickstarter. As George said, the next pre-order will be launched during G-con sometime next month. The 4H have said that they want to move away from the gigantic, Kickstarter-fueled pre-orders and go with smaller waves directly from their site. From what they said, that is the plan for the foreseeable future.


Good. I very much prefer that.
User avatar
Satam
Bronze Grunt
 
Posts: 200
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:09 pm

Re: ToyConNJ

Postby you_will_forget » Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:38 pm

It's definitely more manageable that way. Now if they could only start putting them all in one box for postage.

Jo
Whose wife might divorce him if they do another kickstarter
My daughter has renamed my last two trolls as "Bronty" and "Blue Sky"
User avatar
you_will_forget
Silver Grunt
 
Posts: 411
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:00 pm
Location: Kegworth, UK

Previous

Return to Mythic Legions Kickstarter & Fantastic Exclusive

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest