Our old friend & OG 4H boardie ebonhorn has passed away

Re: Our old friend & OG 4H boardie ebonhorn is dying

Postby Izdawiz » Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:54 pm

Well I did some research and Ebonhorn is already taken by World of Warcraft. His real name is Cade.

So how about we name heaven after him? "Cador." For your consideration.

Sir Ebon of Cador was a gentle soul who fought bravely and was loved by all. When the end came, his soul ascended to Cador, a land in the afterlife where only the most heroic and virtuous warriors go. It is said that whenever a warrior falls bravely in battle, a horn will sound in Cador and Sir Ebon will be here to welcome them. Together they walk across green Elysium fields toward a Great Hall where they can embrace the comrades who fell before them and feast on exquisite food and fine wine.

I know we have someone named "Cador" already, but so far it is just the name of a person, not a place. Kind of like when people name their kid "Dallas" or "Israel" or something. Maybe he's Sir Ebon's brother or something.

As far as an accessory, I would love to see something like the logo he designed for me made into a shield. He could also be a cosmic warrior with translucent black or dark blue plastic and some glitter or something mixed in to approximate stars.
:)
Last edited by Izdawiz on Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Izdawiz
Bronzesmith

Postby Izdawiz » Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:00 pm

Cador Bio:

Once a famous sellsword whose origins can be traced back to the Order of Eathyron, Cador is an accomplished ally to Attlus the Conquerer and the House of the Noble Bear. Known for his unconventional fighting tactics and his flair for showmanship, Cador was once one of the Mythoss' most coveted mercenaries. A near fatal battle with Attlus himself gave Cador pause to reflect on his lot in life. Realizing that Attlus' cause could bring him purpose, Cador has put his years of wandering behind him to fight for a greater cause.
Izdawiz
Bronzesmith

Postby Izdawiz » Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:08 pm

Ebonhorn is incredibly generous. Do you remember when we all took up a donation so that Dayraven could get a full set of the Anitherians? It was one of the coolest moments on the old board.

Ebon stepped right up and offered to donate $100 to someone he had never even met in person (but I wouldn't let him donate that much.)

Here my email exchange with Ebonhorn (Cade.):

ME:

EBONHORN WROTE:

Hello izdawiz

You received the following message from: Ebonhorn

At: http://www.fantasticexclusive.com/fforum/

i'm in for $100 trust me
------------------

IZDAWIZ WROTE:

Don't send $100, send less. I'm capping the donations at $25 tops, so everyone who wants to contribute can contribute without putting us way over the total. If we need more later to get us there, I'll let you know, but I think we should be fine.

Thanks so much for your incredible generosity!

---------------------

EBONHORN wrote:

okay just let me know. I just kinda came into some money and felt as you do, that dayraven should have the whole set and want to do my part.

Cade
Izdawiz
Bronzesmith

Postby Izdawiz » Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:21 pm

Also I had a bunch of transactions with Ebonhorn. He helped me complete Fing Fang Foom BAF by sending me a part that I needed.

Once I remember he ended up buying a Sigma Six Dark Ninja Master (which was hard to find) from me. He had found that figure earlier but had sent it to another Board member because he thought that Boardmember wanted it even more than he did.

That's the kind of guy Ebon is. Kind, gentle and generous.
Izdawiz
Bronzesmith

Postby zombie13 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:35 pm

Since he was an oldie boardie, how about another Minotaur? We already got a Black Minotaur but hoe about another darker colored one with Black Horns? Kind of a throw-back to Xetheus and the other original FanEx Minotaur figures.
Anyone that needs me off site or not a registered member here may email me at zombie13.customs@yahoo.com
Follow me on Instagram at zombie13.customs
zombie13
Smith

Postby Izdawiz » Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:48 pm

zombie13 wrote:Since he was an oldie boardie, how about another Minotaur? We already got a Black Minotaur but hoe about another darker colored one with Black Horns? Kind of a throw-back to Xetheus and the other original FanEx Minotaur figures.

Not a bad idea.
Izdawiz
Bronzesmith

Postby Izdawiz » Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:59 pm

Or they could do a Thistlehorn-sized Jackalope with black horns.

Ebonhorn's nickname is "Bunny" so it could be a Bunny with Black horns
Izdawiz
Bronzesmith

Postby zombie13 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:55 pm

That would require some new tooling, but cool idea nonetheless. I was thinking of something that's already tooled and readily available right now to try and help ASAP.

With the Minotaur, maybe the Horns and the Armor can be a gloss black with a different color for the skin and fur, maybe a deep purple? Give him a couple of clubbed weapons. Just throwing out ideas here.
Anyone that needs me off site or not a registered member here may email me at zombie13.customs@yahoo.com
zombie13
Smith

Postby zombie13 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:43 pm

Or if the Minotaur idea is too close to World of Warcraft, how about a Dark Elf with Black Skin? It could come with the alternate head that comes with the Barbarian Builder 2 that's the full-closed helmet with black horns.
zombie13
Smith

Postby Izdawiz » Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:56 pm

zombie13 wrote:That would require some new tooling, but cool idea nonetheless. I was thinking of something that's already tooled and readily available right now to try and help ASAP.

With the Minotaur, maybe the Horns and the Armor can be a gloss black with a different color for the skin and fur, maybe a deep purple? Give him a couple of clubbed weapons. Just throwing out ideas here.

If he only has weeks to go then he'll never see whatever it is fully realized, but maybe just knowing people are thinking about him and something is in the works could give him something to smile about in his last days.

Anyway, I really want a Jackalope now.

It's a famous mythical creature and that nobody has ever done a figure of. It captures the sense of whimsy of that other black-horned character, Minotaur the Duck.

A duck and a Jackalope make a good team right?
Last edited by Izdawiz on Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Izdawiz
Bronzesmith

Postby Izdawiz » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:00 pm

A cosmic warrior with this type of paint scheme would be super cool I think.

Izdawiz
Bronzesmith

Postby SalemCrow » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:35 pm

I love this spitballing guys.

I also think a variant Minotaur would be a nice callback to the old days, before this 'all encompassing' line came about.

Maybe a new shade of blue for the fur fading into a darker skin tone?
SalemCrow
Silver Grunt

Postby tfitz » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:46 pm

Man, my love for this board just jumped a thousandfold. Don't get me wrong, I've always liked it, but the response here is so positive.
tfitz

Postby zombie13 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:48 pm

I get that he wouldn't be around to see the final figure, but if the 4H could expedite a prototype to generate the Horsemen Fanbase with the info about Ebon like they did with the Raygorr figure, he might at least see that. For me, at this time, it's more about getting the proceeds from the preorder sales to him and his family sooner rather than later. The figure would just be a lasting tribute. The financial aspect of it happening sooner rather than later is my main focus for suggesting parts that already exist right now. Has anyone even contacted the 4H Team about this yet?

I would love a Jackalope character as well Iz, and truth be told, I've had plans to make a custom using one of the smaller goblin figures at some point. But that's just a custom idea of mine I'm sitting on.
zombie13
Smith

Postby Izdawiz » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:18 pm

zombie13 wrote:I get that he wouldn't be around to see the final figure, but if the 4H could expedite a prototype to generate the Horsemen Fanbase with the info about Ebon like they did with the Raygorr figure, he might at least see that. For me, at this time, it's more about getting the proceeds from the preorder sales to him and his family sooner rather than later. The figure would just be a lasting tribute. The financial aspect of it happening sooner rather than later is my main focus for suggesting parts that already exist right now.

I was just thinking about this as just a tribute rather than as a fundraiser or a charitable endeavor.

Does anyone know if his family actually needs money, or is that just assumed?
Izdawiz
Bronzesmith

PreviousNext

Return to Mythic Legions Kickstarter & Fantastic Exclusive