Our old friend & OG 4H boardie ebonhorn has passed away

Re: Our old friend & OG 4H boardie ebonhorn is dying

Postby SalemCrow » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:47 pm

Izdawiz wrote:Sir Ebon of Cador was a gentle soul who fought bravely and was loved by all. When the end came, his soul ascended to Cador, a land in the afterlife where only the most heroic and virtuous warriors go. It is said that whenever a warrior falls bravely in battle, a horn will sound in Cador and Sir Ebon will be here to welcome them. Together they walk across green Elysium fields toward a Great Hall where they can embrace the comrades who fell before them and feast on exquisite food and fine wine.

iz, from moldie.
I just had the opportunity to read that to his brother. They invited me over to spend some time grieving and reflecting. They are absolutely, tremendously appreciative to know of the support he’s had from the toy collecting community.

He's been reading this thread, but hasn't been able to get his account confirmed (weird, I know ;) ).
SalemCrow
Silver Grunt

Postby Izdawiz » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:25 pm

SalemCrow wrote:
Izdawiz wrote:Sir Ebon of Cador was a gentle soul who fought bravely and was loved by all. When the end came, his soul ascended to Cador, a land in the afterlife where only the most heroic and virtuous warriors go. It is said that whenever a warrior falls bravely in battle, a horn will sound in Cador and Sir Ebon will be here to welcome them. Together they walk across green Elysium fields toward a Great Hall where they can embrace the comrades who fell before them and feast on exquisite food and fine wine.

iz, from moldie.
I just had the opportunity to read that to his brother. They invited me over to spend some time grieving and reflecting. They are absolutely, tremendously appreciative to know of the support he’s had from the toy collecting community.

:cry:
Izdawiz
Bronzesmith

Re: Our old friend & OG 4H boardie ebonhorn has passed away

Postby zombie13 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:46 pm

I've been searching furiously for any picture of that old custom make in Ebonhorn's name using one of the figures from the 7th Kingdom Elephant (or variants) figures. I know I remember it, but I just can't find it. I did find a couple of links to EDcomics Deviant art with art work made in his name as well as another account. These were a part of someone else's creative project called Bugshido. Both images are credited to EDcomics.

EDcomics Deviant art
https://www.deviantart.com/edcomics/art ... n-85790553

Bugshido Devian tart
https://www.deviantart.com/bugshido/art ... -109815210

My heart goes out to his family. I've not lost a sibling, but a best friend as close as a brother. I've lost a father all too early. It's never easy loosing someone you love before you think it should be their time to go. If they do get to read this, stay strong. Know that even though many of us may not have known him personally, he has touched so many peoples lives through his kindness towards others, even if only through the screen we all stare at. It's all too easy to forget that we are dealing with other actual live people though the words and ideas we all share through the internet. It's easy to get carried away and not care what we do or say through the internet, but there are some that never forget and treat others with respect as if they were right there in front of them. Though I did not know him personally nor ever get to meet him, I never saw him disrespect anyone online. And though he disappeared and didn't post here for a long period, he will be missed.
Anyone that needs me off site or not a registered member here may email me at zombie13.customs@yahoo.com
Follow me on Instagram at zombie13.customs
zombie13
Smith

Postby Izdawiz » Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:55 pm

zombie13 wrote:I've been searching furiously for any picture of that old custom make in Ebonhorn's name using one of the figures from the 7th Kingdom Elephant (or variants) figures. I know I remember it, but I just can't find it. I did find a couple of links to EDcomics Deviant art with art work made in his name as well as another account. These were a part of someone else's creative project called Bugshido. Both images are credited to EDcomics.

EDcomics Deviant art
https://www.deviantart.com/edcomics/art ... n-85790553

Bugshido Devian tart
https://www.deviantart.com/bugshido/art ... -109815210

Yeah, those were amazing. Part of Gatcha's Bugshido project.

I don't remember a custom, but didn't someone start a sculpt. Maybe a Mr. Tolman from Utah?
Last edited by Izdawiz on Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Izdawiz
Bronzesmith

Postby Izdawiz » Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:57 pm

Gatchagrey would know.

I think the sculptor went by Royal T

Also this may be Gatcha's pinterest.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/354025220685168669/
Last edited by Izdawiz on Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Izdawiz
Bronzesmith

Postby Izdawiz » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:24 am

It was royalt1us

Tom would have a character contest and sculpt the winner.

I think he did at least a preliminary sculpt of the Ebonhorn character.

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/sho ... viewfull=1
Izdawiz
Bronzesmith

Postby Visionary » Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:39 am

Didn't know him but very sorry for the loss to his family and friends.Always sad to hear of the passing of a fellow collector.
If you look real close,you can see my avatar is laughing at you.
Visionary
Goldsmith

Postby Forcehunter » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:16 pm

R.I.P. Ebon! Thank you for your contributions to the collecting toy community.
Forcehunter
Bronze Grunt

Postby royalt1us » Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:36 pm

This is as far as I got with Ebonhorn/Rhino Beetle.
I finished the detail work on his left leg and sculpted the left arm and then set him aside as other things in life took priority.
I can't believe that was 7 years ago.

royalt1us

Postby royalt1us » Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:39 pm

Here's a look at how he would have stacked up to Mythic Legions, size-wise:

I wish I would have know sooner, this would have been a great reason to finish this figure.
RIP Ebon. We'll miss you.
royalt1us

Postby zombie13 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:02 pm

Finish that bad boy anyway. I'd buy one for sure. Articulated or not.
Anyone that needs me off site or not a registered member here may email me at zombie13.customs@yahoo.com
Follow me on Instagram at zombie13.customs
zombie13
Smith

Postby Izdawiz » Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:50 pm

zombie13 wrote:Finish that bad boy anyway. I'd buy one for sure. Articulated or not.

Maybe the 4H can use it as inspiration for an accessory (the loin cloth) or helmet or something. The head would fit an Ogre-sized figure, me thinks...
Izdawiz
Bronzesmith

Postby SD-2 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:09 pm

I was really sad to read about Ebonhorn’s illness and passing. :(

Rest in Peace, Bro’…

As the image says below, you’ll be remembered as well as missed.

I have some fond memories of ‘ole ‘Ebie… we had some good ‘n fun back and forth back in the day. Some good laughs too :!: What was that he used to always write… :?: Oh yeah, “I know, Right :?: ” you had to be there, I guess.

I remember sending him some figs. once and they were broken within days :!: I just remember thinking, “damn this Dude plays with his toys hard :!: ” as we all should.

Farewell, Bud… Hopefully there’s some ‘kewl figs in the hereafter :!:

Strength and Honor, ‘Lil Brother :!:
SD-2
Bronze Grunt

Postby Izdawiz » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:56 pm

Izdawiz wrote:Well I did some research and Ebonhorn is already taken by World of Warcraft. His real name is Cade.

So how about we name heaven after him? "Cador." For your consideration.

Sir Ebon of Cador was a gentle soul who fought bravely and was loved by all. When the end came, his soul ascended to Cador, a land in the afterlife where only the most heroic and virtuous warriors go. It is said that whenever a warrior falls bravely in battle, a horn will sound in Cador and Sir Ebon will be here to welcome them. Together they walk across green Elysium fields toward a Great Hall where they can embrace the comrades who fell before them and feast on exquisite food and fine wine.

I know we have someone named "Cador" already, but so far it is just the name of a person, not a place. Kind of like when people name their kid "Dallas" or "Israel" or something. Maybe he's Sir Ebon's brother or something.

As far as an accessory, I would love to see something like the logo he designed for me made into a shield. He could also be a cosmic warrior with translucent black or dark blue plastic and some glitter or something mixed in to approximate stars.
:)

Bump! Thanks for getting this thread back on course SD-2!
Izdawiz
Bronzesmith

Postby Izdawiz » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:22 am

SD-2 wrote:I was really sad to read about Ebonhorn’s illness and passing. :(

Rest in Peace, Bro’…

As the image says below, you’ll be remembered as well as missed.

I have some fond memories of ‘ole ‘Ebie… we had some good ‘n fun back and forth back in the day. Some good laughs too :!: What was that he used to always write… :?: Oh yeah, “I know, Right :?: ” you had to be there, I guess.

I remember sending him some figs. once and they were broken within days :!: I just remember thinking, “damn this Dude plays with his toys hard :!: ” as we all should.

Farewell, Bud… Hopefully there’s some ‘kewl figs in the hereafter :!:

Strength and Honor, ‘Lil Brother :!:

bump!
Izdawiz
Bronzesmith

PreviousNext

Return to Mythic Legions Kickstarter & Fantastic Exclusive