How Do You Put on the Capes?

How Do You Put on the Capes?

Postby jscott991 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:23 pm

I notice there are four holes, spread out along the top of the cape.

If I just use the two closest together, the cape doesn't seem to fit right.

If I sort of put the pauldrons through two holes each, the cape becomes very thin.

Thanks!
jscott991
Silver Grunt

Re: How Do You Put on the Capes?

Postby you_will_forget » Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:38 pm

The central two holes are for the pauldrons, the outside holes go into the shoulder joint - basically you pop the arm off the body and put the peg back through.

One of Iz's video's shows it, but I can't remember which one.

Jo
Who wasn't doing it right for years
My daughter starts school on the 3rd of September - I'm pretty sure we only had her a month or two ago
you_will_forget
Silver Grunt

Postby jscott991 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:52 pm

Wow. You have to remove the arm to attach it properly?

That's intense.
jscott991
Silver Grunt

Postby SalemCrow » Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:17 pm

I have also seen people put the 2 center most holes on the pauldron pegs, then fold the outer holes onto the same peg, giving it a layered draped look once on the body.
SalemCrow
Silver Grunt

Postby jscott991 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:25 pm

SalemCrow wrote:I have also seen people put the 2 center most holes on the pauldron pegs, then fold the outer holes onto the same peg, giving it a layered draped look once on the body.

This is what I did for Ravaena.

I didn't think it looked particularly great (although better than just using two holes). I might settle for it though because I'm not really comfortable removing the arms.
jscott991
Silver Grunt

Postby TheToyDoc » Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:55 am

jscott991 wrote:
SalemCrow wrote:I have also seen people put the 2 center most holes on the pauldron pegs, then fold the outer holes onto the same peg, giving it a layered draped look once on the body.

This is what I did for Ravaena.

I didn't think it looked particularly great (although better than just using two holes). I might settle for it though because I'm not really comfortable removing the arms.

Lol, I don’t have a Mythic Legion that haven’t removed the arms..
TheToyDoc
Apprentice

Postby skeletom » Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:42 am

The 2.0 arms have all popped out really easily for me. I wouldn't continue to do it over and over just for fun but I've had no trouble getting them out and back in for the capes. Now the 1.0 figures are a different story. Those require heat. :)
skeletom
Bronze Grunt

Postby ranger76 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:07 am

The 4H have said in several interviews that there is no right way to put the capes on. They say they put several holes on there so that you can do what you want.
Personally, I dont take the arms of to put the capes on. I tend to just double fold (i even add a little twist in there) the holes in on each other and attach them to the pegs in the pauldrons. To me, that gives the best look. But... its really up to each person and how they want to accessories their own figure.

That said, I am curious what the 4H do. Cause to me whatever they're doing always looks the most 'right'. They mentioned maybe putting up an online tutorial video because apparently some people are getting tripped up by the shirts pieces and how to attached those.
ranger76
Standard Grunt

Postby zombie13 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:21 pm

I put my cape on over my head around my neck and to the "Flying Around" like Freakazoid does.

Anyone that needs me off site or not a registered member here may email me at zombie13.customs@yahoo.com
Follow me on Instagram at zombie13.customs
zombie13
Smith

Postby jscott991 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:17 pm

ranger76 wrote:The 4H have said in several interviews that there is no right way to put the capes on. They say they put several holes on there so that you can do what you want..

It's nice for them to say that, but there clearly is a right way to put it on. It's the way that fits and looks like the pictures they take. :)

It would be more helpful if they told us how it works and said feel free to experiment rather than make us guess at what will actually look like a cape.
jscott991
Silver Grunt

Postby Gowron » Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:35 am

Here is the way I do it, and judging by the 4H photos on their facebook they use this configuration on most.

Have the figure facing you. Hold a pauldron so that the peg is facing toward the front of the figure. Put the peg through the outer hole of the cape, then fold it back around and put the peg through the inner hole of the cape and attach to figure. This is good for the cape look. For more of a cloak look I would just put the pegs through the inner holes and then just fold and tuck the outer holes of the cape underneath the paudrons maybe tape it to the underside.
Gowron
Silver Grunt

Postby Ideal » Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:05 am

I do a sort of twist/fold and put the pauldron through both holes. it puts the fold under the pauldron so it isn't visible, and then drapes the cape toward the front of the shoulder. from there I just adjust it until it looks like I want it too.
Ideal
Platinum Grunt

Postby JamesLynch » Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:44 pm

I've always done the "two holes per pauldron peg" way. This is the first I'm hearing of anyone removing the arms, and I can't imagine that looking right.

As to the topic of "whatever way the Hoursemen do it is the right way," it may be that the capes on the prototypes are configured differently than the production ones. That might be why their photos look much better than what anyone else is able to do, and why no one can quite figure out how to get their figures to look like that.
JamesLynch
Silver Apprentice

Postby bigbeltz » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:15 am

For what it's worth, I've put a couple capes on by putting the outermost holes on the post connecting the neck to the torso, and then the innermost holes went around the cauldron pegs.
bigbeltz

Return to Mythic Legions Kickstarter & Fantastic Exclusive