What new body parts are needed?

What new body parts are needed?

Postby Ahriman » Mon Dec 24, 2018 8:50 pm

The Mythic Legions 'Parts Inventory' is growing nicely.

The Kickstarter phases are when the 4H presents new body parts, and thus many new characters. I'm assuming that Kickstarter 3 will have many new parts.

Here are my first requests:

1. Human shin/calves/knees - bare
2. Human shin/calves/knees - with laced high boots
3. Human feet - with shoes
4. Human feet - with sandals
5. Human fore-arms - with bracers
6. Human fore-arms - bare
7. Human hands - bare (open and fist)
8. Human hands - gloved

(With those, there would be many opportunities to make lighter-clad barbarians, rogues, gladiators, etc. - not to mention variations of old characters like Attlus not fully geared in battle armour)

9. Big, long tentacle arms
10. Skinny, long monster arms
11. Oversized monster hands/claws

12. ring mail medium torso
13. scale mail medium torso
14-15. the accompanying, matching aprons of mail
Ahriman
Bronze Grunt

Re: What new body parts are needed?

Postby Izdawiz » Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:59 pm

Basically All the Parts Necessary to make Aztec / Meso American Warriors.
--

including...

1. Human shin/calves/knees - bare
2. Human feet - with sandals
3. Human fore-arms - bare
4. Human hands - spell casting
5. bare (open and fist)

Maybe a less-muscular bare chested male buck.
Izdawiz
Bronzesmith

Postby beast guy » Tue Dec 25, 2018 12:19 am

Agreed on all the parts already listed. In addition...

-Gambeson arms and leggings
-Leather boots
-Chain arms and leggings
-Leather jerkin

With those parts you can create...
-Leossyr Archer: Bare Hands Gambeson Arms and Legs, Tabard Chest and Loin Cloth, Leather Boots, and resized iron helm
-Leossyr Footman: Bare Hands, Chain Arms and Legs, Tabard Chest and Loin Cloth, Leather Boots, and resized iron helm
-Leossyr Halberdier: Plate Chest, Gauntlets and Boots, Chain Arms and Legs, and resized iron helm
-"Viking": Bare Hands, Gambeson Arms and Legs, Leather Jerkin and Boots, and Barbarian Helm with Horns
Huscarl: Plate Chest and Gauntlets, Gambeson Arms and Legs, Leather Boots, and Barbarian Helm with Horns
beast guy
Platinum Grunt

Postby Darren » Tue Dec 25, 2018 1:17 am

My first choice would be fish scale armor. A very young Tom Cruise wore fish scale armor in the movie Legend.

Second and third would be full body chain mail and leather armor.
Darren
Platinum Grunt

Postby zombie13 » Tue Dec 25, 2018 11:37 am

I want a slimmer bare male torso, arms, hands and thighs for the 2.0 bodies. Think of the characters we could get out of that. And it would save me the time and trouble from eventually making my own. :P
Anyone that needs me off site or not a registered member here may email me at zombie13.customs@yahoo.com
Follow me on Instagram at zombie13.customs
zombie13
Smith

Postby Ziero01 » Tue Dec 25, 2018 11:39 pm

I think the general consensus boils down to bare and light clothes/armored forearms and shins for both 1.0 and 2.0 bodies along with newer chainmail and cloth type torsos. Just basically adding at least two entirely new figure builds per body type would be enough to exponentially increase the variety of builds available to the 4H to mess with. Personally, I don't really need the fully bare limbs, and would just be satisfied with cloth/light armored figures and new medium armor type figure (brigadine/chainmail etc). New belts/pauldrons/loin armor and collars would especially be needed. Those pieces alone can dramatically alter a figure and more options for those would be fantastic.

However, a new part I would want to see added more then any other, more then new arms or new legs or even new torsos would be new belts. More detailed, better fitting, placement specific, weapon stowable new soft plastic belts, straps and other gear to overlay on already existing figures. The sword strap is a fantastic piece, but it's fairly plain, limited in it's use and doesn't really fit well around a figure's waist. But a new, actually detailed belt piece that can fit over faulds, or a new bauldric that can hang over a shoulder, or some chest straps with studs or spikes, would immediately liven up any older design.

New belts all by themselves, especially ones designed specifically to carry weapons and gear, would be more then enough to liven up even the most overused figure build as far as I'm concerned. And with accessories like the sword with the scabbard, or the small curved dagger or even the quivers, would greatly benefit from having a proper way to be carried about on a figure.

Even if it was made as a stretch goal accessory set, with 3 or 4 specific belt types sold in a pack, it would be great. I'd happily buy multiples of a pack like that as the more smaller details we can swap on these figures the better. We got the Sword Straps with every figure do to fan request, we got the new L-Shaped Shield Handles (which are fantastic btw) specifically due to fans asking for it en mass. Now I think we need to get up and tell the 4H that these awesome Knights, Orcs, Goblins and Barbarians need quality Belts, Bauldrics, Harnesses and more so they can properly carry all the cool weapons they come with!
Ziero01
Platinum Grunt

Postby Satam » Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:46 am

I concur with everything here, and I definitely want to see leather boots, leather style vambraces (maybe with some laces on the insides), bare forearms (could be painted any color for versatility), plain gloved hands, new belts like Ziero01 suggested (maybe with a buckle), and leather jerkin torsos for both males and females, which might necessitate a new skirt piece for the bottom of it (much like on the Star Wars Black Imperial officers), as well. This could be split and made of very soft plastic/vinyl so as to not hinder leg articulation so much.
I want a rogue/thief/assassin so bad.
Satam
Bronze Grunt

Postby spinc » Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:38 am

I would like to see new parts for robes. Wizards, fallen knights, and so on. Think Dark Souls 3 with knights that had robes and armor. I really want to see that!
spinc
Standard Grunt

Postby Jeremy Girard » Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:40 am

They've already said that they plan to do robed characters in a future wave, so that obvious need is hopefully going to be addressed.

Like many fans, I'd love to see more variations for lower arms/hands and lower legs/feet. I talked with Eric about this at the NJ ToyCon last year and the 4H are well aware of the need to add these to the parts library. Based on what he said, I think these are certainly part of their plans.

I'd actually really like to see some additional male torsos for the 2.0 buck. As much as I love the "elf" one, it is so distinctive that I already feel like my display is saturated with it. I'd love to see a tunic-like male torso for 2.0, similar to the 1.0 one we got for Gideon, etc.

I'd also love to start seeing more figures come with belts that are NOT brown. The black ones from the Orc LB3 look so nice for customs, but they only came with that one figure!
Check all of my Mythic Legions customs at www.pumpkin-king.com/mythic
Jeremy Girard
Apprentice

Postby zombie13 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:16 pm

Bare muscular male torsos and arms to match for the 2.0 bodies please.

Lizard body parts...any day now please.

Different fauld style types, both male and female.
Anyone that needs me off site or not a registered member here may email me at zombie13.customs@yahoo.com
Follow me on Instagram at zombie13.customs
zombie13
Smith

Postby Darren » Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:24 pm

At this point I would be satisfied with some little things. For example I would love unarmored hand's and forearms. I'm not holding my breath for a new armor set.
Darren
Platinum Grunt

Postby spinc » Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:56 pm

I feel like we also need the rest of the parts to build a more realistic, armor-less skeleton warrior. Ala Jason and the Argonauts. Using the new skeleton soldier figure we got with wave 2, we would need:

-a new head with articulated jaw (and maybe an 'angrier' look?)
-rib cage torso (with neck and spine)
-bone pelvis
-skeleton forearms
-skeleton shins
-and maybe new skeleton feet, since the ones we got have armor... but they could simply paint it over and I wouldn't mind too much

The arms have some armor as well, but maybe they could simply not put it? I don't know if there are any holes there. But we seriously need this!!! It should come with a normal sword, spear, the metal circle shield plus the wooden circle shield, and maybe the bone sword as well. They could release this one several times with different paint apps, for example, a normal aged one, a black one, a green one, another normal one but with differently painted weapons and shields...
spinc
Standard Grunt

Postby Satam » Mon May 13, 2019 10:16 pm

So...Kickstarter 3...did the guys say it was coming in the summer or did I imagine that?
Satam
Bronze Grunt

Return to Mythic Legions Kickstarter & Fantastic Exclusive