WASTELAND WAVE

Re: WASTELAND WAVE

Postby Ziero01 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:24 pm

The helmet made Not-Trapjaw into a must have for me, now I'm just on the fence about what else to get from this wave. I'm trying to keep my budget as close to $100 (not including shipping) so the choice falls into Mohawk Dwarf/Grape Cat or the absolutely beautiful Cyclops.

On one hand, the Dwarf and Cat look fantastic. The new head and build give the Dwarf a lot of character and he'd easily be a stand out on my shelf. While the cat, regardless of his silly name, just has a gorgeous color scheme, probably the best of all the He-Man homages. As I mentioned earlier, I like the cat head without the neck look for him, makes him look clearly smaller then his brutish green cousin. He just comes off as a schemer/tactician to me, one who uses stealth and guile to take out foes instead of brute strength.

However, that Cyclops is just amazing. The skin tones just have some amazing blending and the face and helmet are just oozing with details. I've only ordered one other Ogre scale figure (the named Orc) so I'm not as flooded with them as I am the basic figures. But as others have suggested, he doesn't really jump out as to belonging to any specific faction (calling it now, he's Clan Bear), even less so with my personal head-cannon ones. I might just split the difference and get two basic figures with the Cyclops...

Sadly I don't really feel the Goblin and especially the barbarian girl are anything special. The new head is fantastic yes, but the build and color are almost exactly like every other goblin they've released. The barbarian however is just uninspired imo. There's still tons of unique builds they can pull out to make unique figures, so it's kind of sad she's so basic. A full armored torso with the bare limbs, making her an Elf or even half Orc, or hell even a new, more vibrant color scheme could've worked wonders. Also, the lack of Legion Builders is highly disappointing.

Overall, a lot of good, a lot of misses, but I'll be throwing money at them either way.
Ziero01
Platinum Grunt

Postby Holy_Wave » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:04 pm

Just the Goblin for me. The more I look at Torgun Redfinn the less I like him.

Could have been persuaded on either alternate dimension Trap-Jaw or the Purple People eater, if either had come with a demon head or maybe a purple or blue Atlus head with red hair to make Faker. They didn't, so...no.

The closest call was on the cyclops but with the Ogre on the way and eventually the Vampire brute too, it was fairly easy to pass on him. He kinda reminds me of Mumm-ra from Thundercats in a way.
Holy_Wave

Postby Otter » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:36 pm

I always thought the cat head for Cowaross, and now Purrrplor, were no-brainers... but now seeing the unhelmeted orc head for Purrrplor, I'm very tempted to now display them both as orcs.
Otter
Golden Grunt

Postby Otter » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:42 pm

Some people seem confused about the factions. Their bios are on the order page.
Otter
Golden Grunt

Postby mignash » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:46 pm

A helmet for the dwarf would be nice so that way with the mohawk head it's Torgun Redfin, and with a helmet it's a Ironhold Dwarf legion builder.
mignash
Silver Grunt

Postby Havoc » Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:09 am

I ordered the goblin, dwarf and cyclops. I kind of regret not getting the purple panther. Hopefully I can hold off a second buy for the next 30 days, then during the in stock sale, I can get him or will have lost interest.
Havoc
Silver Grunt

Postby Darren » Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:07 am

I'm going to hold off on the Cyclops. It's cool but I don't have room for a lot of oversized figures. I would have pulled the trigger if the Vampire Orge was part of this wave. A Vampire wouldn't have fit in with the Wasteland theme I guess.
Darren
Platinum Grunt

Postby Ziero01 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:27 pm

Otter wrote:Some people seem confused about the factions. Their bios are on the order page.

I never checked the official shop as I was trying to wait before buying these guys, so thanks for pointing out the bios were up as well.

For the most part, the entire wave is either the Legion or Clan Bear, which imo is kind of boring. The Legion is already the largest faction by far, and Clan Bear usually gets the most attention during these mid-waves. Heck, to me, the bio makes Cassia even more of a disappointment of a figure as she's just a female Atlus.

The only one still in question would be Not-Trapjaw, though he's most likely Arethyr as well.
Ziero01
Platinum Grunt

Postby Darren » Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:09 pm

Time for some good old fashioned copy and paste.

Mythic Legions: Argemedes!

Members of the race of colossal one-eyed giants known as the Cyclopses usually serve as weapon smiths, builders, forge masters, and architects in Mythoss. Master craftsmen with a keen eye for detail and precision, these giant tinkerers consider it the highest honor to fashion the weapons of war for the armies of Mythoss. Argemedes serves as the chief overseer of the forges of Arethyr where the hallmarks of his oversight, order and intimidation, allow him to maintain maximum productivity, but the true secret behind Argemedes' mastery of the forge comes from the experience he has gained wielding his own creations in battle. Cyclopses' single massive eye grants them the ability to see great distances, which makes them ideal for operating long range weapons such as the ballista and trebuchet. Argemedes is no exception to this and he takes great pride in his service to the Legion of Arethyr, not only as a builder, but also as a mighty warrior willing to die for his people.

Mythic Legions: Thumpp!

To celebrate his kingdom's alliance with the Legion of Arethyr, King No'glin furnished Gorgo Aetherblade with an elite force of Gobhollow's finest soldiers. At the command of this small army is No'glin's own nephew, Thumpp -- a brutally effective combatant who is famous for the skill with which he wields his massive war hammer.While Thumpp's aggressive attitude ensures that he is feared and respected by those under his command, the countless blows of many battles have left their mark, both on the body and on the mind of this veteran warrior. While braving the wastelands of Bjorngar, Thumpp finds himself not only struggling to survive, but also desperately trying to recall the details of a shadowy plan laid out by his uncle before he left Gobhollow.

Mythic Legions: Cassia!

A solitary and sullen veteran of many of Mythoss' bloodiest battles, the weathered warrior known as Cassia spends her days in the wilds of Bjorngar searching for enemy forces. Once a rising star well on her way to becoming a member of The Army of Leodysseus' fabled Red Shield, Cassia began to question the direction her faction was taking when Attila took over as leader in his brother's stead. Her disillusionment ultimately led her to defect and travel to Bjorngar in hopes of joining the House of the Noble Bear where she can join forces with others who have disavowed the faction system.

Mythic Legions: Kronnaw!

Born from an abominable experiment marrying arcane resurrection magic and savagely untraditional science, Kronnaw is a walking nightmare made real. Built for the sole purpose of destroying life, he is the terrifying personification of pure evil. Void of any recognizable personality or emotion, Kronnaw's directive to kill randomly and without judgement can be as dangerous to his own allies as it is to his enemies. Like a bomb that detonates and kills indiscriminately, Kronnaw's path of destruction continues to carve its way through Bjorngar, one massacre after the next.

Mythic Legions: Torgun Redfin!

A strict isolationist loyal to the city of Ironhold, Torgun Redfin believes only in the strength and independence of his people. It was this very loyalty that led Torgun to leave the kingdom that he cared for so deeply after his half brother King Bromdenn Ironjaw pledged Ironhold's loyalty to Gorgo Aetherblade and the Legion of Arethyr. Escaping with a band of loyalists to seek refuge in Bjorngar with the House of the Noble Bear, Torgun now fights for Attlus the Conqueror in hopes of one day reclaiming Ironhold and freeing it from Arethyr's influence.

Mythic Legions: Purrrplor!

Called away from his home in the shadowed forest city of Veytheera by Gorgo Aetherblade, the evil warrior Purrrplor is as renowned for his stealth as he is for his swordsmanship. Growing up in a city so shaded by trees that his life has been spent in darkness, Purrrplor is well suited to scouting missions that require quiet and cunning. He played a key role in the Siege at Bjorngar, but after tasting defeat at the hands of Attlus' armies, Purrrplor find himself battling the harsh terrain of the wastelands, searching for refuge.
Darren
Platinum Grunt

Postby boogieman4hire » Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:29 pm

I'm glad they added the minotaur shoulder piece to Purrrplor. He needed his hump, his lovely kitty lump.
boogieman4hire
Platinum Grunt

Postby Gowron » Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:15 pm

boogieman4hire wrote:I'm glad they added the minotaur shoulder piece to Purrrplor. He needed his hump, his lovely kitty lump.

Oh hell yeah! I hadn't even noticed. Now I am going to get a bunch of these.
Gowron
Silver Grunt

Postby Darren » Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:04 pm

I just saw the image that was added to the store for PURRRPLOR. Very nice
Darren
Platinum Grunt

Postby Havoc » Wed May 01, 2019 4:52 pm

MYTHIC LEGIONS: WASTELAND PRE-ORDER END DATE

Many people have been asking, so here it is… the pre-order for Mythic Legions: Wasteland will be ending on Friday, May 24th. More details to follow. The pre-order for Mythic Legions: Wasteland is live on StoreHorsemen.com NOW!

Probably with the inevitable extension it will be June 1st.
Havoc
Silver Grunt

Postby jscott991 » Wed May 01, 2019 5:31 pm

There is a bizarre message on the SourceHorsemen front page saying to make sure to sign up for the email list to make sure you get all their updates.

Except that they provide most of their updates on Facebook and Instagram, right?

I didn't get it. At first I thought they were debuting a new newsletter.
jscott991
Silver Grunt

Postby Ideal » Wed May 01, 2019 8:47 pm

jscott991 wrote:There is a bizarre message on the SourceHorsemen front page saying to make sure to sign up for the email list to make sure you get all their updates.

Except that they provide most of their updates on Facebook and Instagram, right?

I didn't get it. At first I thought they were debuting a new newsletter.

They put the same message out via kickstarter and on Facebook.

I took this to mean they intend to use email more heavily as a method of getting info out. We'll see how that pans out
Ideal
Platinum Grunt

PreviousNext

Return to Mythic Legions Kickstarter & Fantastic Exclusive