New figure reveals! Malleus. Vitus, Asterionn

Re: New figure reveals! Malleus. Vitus, Asterionn

Postby profcobra2 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:24 pm

Zugg wrote:Now they can do Satyrs.

I'm hoping series 2 (or dare I dream 3) has Satyrs. More minotaur type folk are welcome too, especially elk and moose.
profcobra2
Standard Grunt

Postby MadDemon64 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:23 pm

Sir Real wrote:
MadDemon64 wrote:From the ankles up Asterion looks awesome. From the ankles down...(spittake)

The heck is wrong with his ankles? They just spontaneously jump out of his legs! Anatomically speaking that is hideous!

Seriously guys, the ankles just kill it for me and ruin an otherwise awesome figure. I pray you fix it come release time.

I guess I don't see what you're referring to. The hooves are big, yes, but they have a piece armor on them which I think sits more toward the front of the foot piece and then the more narrow ankle itself sits a bit back from that. On the figure's right foot (on the left side in the pic) you can see that, but the figure's left foot (on the right side in the picture) it does seem like moving down the leg, when you get to the ankle that there's a sudden increase in width, but I think that's just an illusion coming from the fact that you're looking at the foot straight-on.

Here's what I imagine it looks like from the side.

Is this what you meant?

I don't think it's an illusion.

Let's look at their previous attempts

Here is Xetheus, their first minotaur character:

And Scarabus, their second, well ok not a minotaur character, but second one to use hooves:

And here is Asterionn:

As you can see the ankles of Xetheus and Scarabus flow into the legs as any normal ankle would. Asterionn...not so much. Asterionn looks less like a minotaur with hooves and more like a guy who is wearing overly large shoes that are designed to look like hooves.
MadDemon64
Standard Grunt

Postby Izdawiz » Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:31 pm

I don't see the problem you're describing. At least wait for a side view of the figure before making any assumptions. I think Eric Treadaway knows enough about anatomy to avoid making any goofy choices like the ones you are worried about,
Izdawiz
Bronzesmith

Postby Zugg » Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:33 pm

MadDemon64 wrote:a guy who is wearing overly large shoes that are designed to look like hooves.

Everyone is a child of the sea...
Zugg
Standard Grunt

Postby beast guy » Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:04 pm

So with armored hooves, bull horns, a bull head, and deer antlers what are our chances of seeing armored deer and armored bulls in the future? :twisted:
beast guy
Platinum Grunt

Postby Ashimar » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:05 pm

What about the new voting options? When will they start?
Ashimar
Silver Grunt

Postby Jim Abell » Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:47 pm

Considering that that is a hand cast proto that doesn't really have articulation the final version may look more correct since we'll be able to bend the legs a bit to get a proper stance.

Zugg wrote:Image

Now you're just making me want a 4H Torgo and the Master...
Whiskey for the men, beer for the horses... What are the centaurs having?...
Jim Abell
Bronze Grunt

Postby Brittac123 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:04 am

This is honestly the first I've been truly tempted to pledge for a skeleton figure.....
Brittac123
Golden Grunt

Postby JamesLynch » Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:12 am

mholst87 wrote:If there isn't a pledge level suitable for you, then just don't back the Kickstarter. Buy them from Store Horsemen in a year when they come out.

You know, sort of how you can go on Store Horsemen right now and buy any Ravens you didn't pledge for initially.

Anyway...

Of these new reveals, I think Vitus looks the coolest. Asterionn I find myself looking at and thinking, "What's the point?" We've already gotten far superior Minotaurs from the Horsemen, and the most logical action figure ever who is named Minotaur. I'm finding it very hard to narrow down which figures from this line I want to pledge for (thus being the only real way to ensure I can actually get them. See my comment about the Ravens above), but Asterionn is one I know I won't mind passing up. Vitus makes a strong case for inclusion. The red and rust colored Centurion armor is pretty eye-catching. Malleus looks cool, but I don't know if I'll be taking the plunge into the world of skeletons with my initial pledge.
JamesLynch
Silver Apprentice

Postby Darren » Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:32 am

Man, the Horsemen are killing me. As a kid I loved knights. I also loved Ray Harryhausen movies. This Kickstarter could now fill both of those holes in my 6" collection. I don't know which direction that I'm going to go yet. My budget will not let me buy for both. Gonna have to make some hard choices over the next 11 days.
Darren
Platinum Grunt

Postby loolar » Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:29 pm

JamesLynch wrote:You know, sort of how you can go on Store Horsemen right now and buy any Ravens you didn't pledge for initially.

[snip] Asterionn I find myself looking at and thinking, "What's the point?" We've already gotten far superior Minotaurs from the Horsemen, and the most logical action figure ever who is named Minotaur.

As you said about the Ravens, you can't buy Xetheus except at crazy rates on ebay (assuming you can even find one on ebay); therefore, Asterionn is very welcome to me. I came to the 4H late in the game - my first exposure was the Scarabus figures, and at the time, I didn't know how good the quality was, so I passed on those (wish I hadn't - my Raven pledge was the Goth starter set with a Scarabus and Timekeeper for exactly that reason). So I don't have ANY of the 7th Kingdom figures, only ONE of the Scarabus figures... and I'd bet I'm like a lot of these backers.

I'll admit I'd rather get a Xetheus - I wish the 4H could find ways to do a second run on some of these figures - but since that's not going to happen, Asterionn will do rather nicely.
loolar
Golden Grunt

Postby eewk » Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:51 pm

Just my 2 cents on the 3 new figures.

Vitus: Excellent use of existing parts to create a very different look for a crossover sub-genre. Gives us a glimpse of the potential applications for these parts with just swapping and minimal extra new sculpts (I.e. Head and helmet) Another potential army builder.

Asterionn: Xetheus will always be the alpha bull but this is a great substitute for those who missed out on the old ones and can't afford the cutthroat secondary market prices. Also, very reminiscent of old school rpg interpretation of Minotaurs as compared to the more Seventh Kingdom stylised look of Xetheus and his squad.

Malleus: If I (or anyone) had been on the fence about their skeletons, think no more. There are more than enough skeleton figures out there. The FHM has tried to differentiate theirs from the crowd. (I'm not talking about the generic army builders. Those have proven far more impressive than other "naked but armed" undead on the market) I think we all agree there've been hits and misses. Tibius certainly needs an upgrade, FHM has assured us he will. Clavian is recoloured, cool to some, meh to others, YMMV. Skapular was arguably the best for a while with the most distinct outfit. (Personally, almost there for me if not for the star motif, I'd have preferred a darker, more sinister motif and color scheme given the horror theme.) which brings me to Malleus, the newcomer. Dark, gritty, realistic, textured, distinctly far more violent and badass than the norm. He breaks the stereotype that skeletons are fragile but regenerative soldiers. This guy looks ready to butcher and carve you faster than a seasoned abbatoir. My only peeve is the color. Green is not my preferred color for a melee character. The black and green pallete works for the more spellcaster variant of undead. IMHO, a more raw and earthy color like red, maroon or brown might have been better. Even dirtied white or straight up black might have been interesting. What would be a dream come true would be blood splatter rather than dirt splatter. But that may or may not be a direction the FHM are willing to take with this line. But as I said, these are just my personal preferences.

Ok. I guess that's all. Pardon the rambling.
The death knell tolls as hope decays,
The faithful waits, the last few days,
For horsemen of four and a carriage of green,
To herald the end with the birth of a queen.
eewk
Golden Grunt

Postby TheToyDoc » Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:40 pm

Since Vitus and Asterionn are less than $2000 away are we gonna have to wait another week to see what the $160000 goals look like?
TheToyDoc
Apprentice

Postby Sir Real » Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:07 pm

TheToyDoc wrote:Since Vitus and Asterionn are less than $2000 away are we gonna have to wait another week to see what the $160000 goals look like?

On Instagram today, they wrote that there's going to be a Kickstarter update on the art book tonight. Hopefully, that update will have the 160k stretch goal figure reveals as well. I don't think we've ever passed the last reveal and headed to the next stretch without already having seen what that stretch goal would unlock.
Sir Real
Bronzesmith

Postby Buttmunch » Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:33 pm

Yeah, I don't see us waiting much longer for the next two stretch goals to be revealed. We're nearly to the point they are the next goal. I'd expect to see them revealed tonight with the next goals at least being named, if not shown as well. Things are only going to heat up from here. Once the funding goal is met, Kickstarters really tend to get the money coming in because of the guarantee the figures will happen and even cooler stuff tends to get unlocked. :mrgreen:
Buttmunch
Bronze Grunt

PreviousNext

Return to Mythic Legions Kickstarter & Fantastic Exclusive