New figure reveals! Malleus. Vitus, Asterionn

Re: New figure reveals! Malleus. Vitus, Asterionn

Postby Tekwych » Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:49 pm

They're on PST right now so it could be quite late for the east coast before they free up and do any updates.
Choose the things to fill your mind or the world will fill it for you.
Tekwych
Golden Grunt

Postby ReallyBigKid » Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:44 pm

JamesLynch wrote: Asterionn I find myself looking at and thinking, "What's the point?" We've already gotten far superior Minotaurs from the Horsemen, and the most logical action figure ever who is named Minotaur.

You do know that the Minotaur's name in the Greek Myth was Asterion{sometimes Asterius}, don't you? He is the most famous of all Minotaurs.
ReallyBigKid
Bronze Apprentice

Postby loolar » Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:24 am

ReallyBigKid wrote:
JamesLynch wrote: Asterionn I find myself looking at and thinking, "What's the point?" We've already gotten far superior Minotaurs from the Horsemen, and the most logical action figure ever who is named Minotaur.

You do know that the Minotaur's name in the Greek Myth was Asterion{sometimes Asterius}, don't you? He is the most famous of all Minotaurs.

I did not know that - cool!
loolar
Golden Grunt

Postby JamesLynch » Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:12 am

ReallyBigKid wrote:

I did not know that, but that knowledge doesn't change my opinion of this figure.
loolar wrote:
JamesLynch wrote:You know, sort of how you can go on Store Horsemen right now and buy any Ravens you didn't pledge for initially.

[snip] Asterionn I find myself looking at and thinking, "What's the point?" We've already gotten far superior Minotaurs from the Horsemen, and the most logical action figure ever who is named Minotaur.

As you said about the Ravens, you can't buy Xetheus except at crazy rates on ebay (assuming you can even find one on ebay); therefore, Asterionn is very welcome to me.

I get what you're saying, and I don't begrudge anybody if they like this figure. For my tastes, Xetheus was almost a decade ago, and I find this new minotaur to be sub-par when compared to the earlier example by the same creators.

My point about the Raven availability was in response to a comment that, if someone doesn't want to pledge for the Mythic Legions now, they can purchase them off of Store Horsemen next year when they're released. The Ravens were never in stock at Store Horsemen, something that I still find a bit surprising, given that most previous 4H figures had much better availability. Xetheus and his brethren command high secondary market prices because they're older, and the fanbase for the property has multiplied in the nearly 10 years since those figures were released. The Ravens are a brand new release (not even everybody who backed the Kickstarter or got in on the preorder has gotten theirs), and seem to be commanding high prices because the 4H didn't make enough to satisfy demand. I hope the same thing doesn't happen with Mythic Legions, but I'm not going to count on there being much, if any, available "in-store" stock for Mythic Legions after what just happened with the birds. As they say, "once bitten, twice shy."
JamesLynch
Silver Apprentice

Previous

Return to Mythic Legions Kickstarter & Fantastic Exclusive