01- Green Patina
2%
02- Full Rust
3%
03- Turquoise Stone
3%
04- Black Marble
1%
05- Blood of the Ancients (Red Polished)
44%
06- Jade (Regular, Light Jade or Dark Jade)
41%
07- Terra Cotta (Soldier or Tile)
1%
08- Ivory
1%
09- Volcanic
5%

Total votes : 194

Re: FULL EFFECT PAINT SAMPLES (Image Heavy)

Postby Zugg » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:20 pm

I like these a lot. I'd like to see a blood one.
Everyone is a child of the sea...
Zugg
Standard Grunt

Postby NorthCoast » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:21 pm

I like Red Wood, that would look sweet for the Blood Knight!
NorthCoast
Apprentice

Postby EDcomics » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:22 pm

crazybirdman wrote:isn't the bog goblin already rusty? Do we need another fig like that?

The Bog Goblin has a heavy wash of rust that settles into the cracks on his armor. This Full Rust uses dry-brushing to build up the colors and leave the crack dark. It's sort of inverted in that sense.

---

And yeah, the Red Wood is basically as close as these effects will get to a blood red, and it works well for that.
EDcomics
Platinum Apprentice

Postby crazybirdman » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:27 pm

Mr Yac wrote:
crazybirdman wrote:isn't the bog goblin already rusty? Do we need another fig like that?

Goblins don't hold the patent on rust :P

or do they? :mrgreen: Sounds like the figures would be different enough though, so I'll allow it :P
crazybirdman
Silver Grunt

Postby Josey Wales » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:42 pm

Wow! They all look great. I really like the jade or dark jade as a dragon knight. And the rust would work great for a ghost knight, methinks.
Josey Wales
Bronze Grunt

Postby Satam » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:45 pm

Volcanic is cool, and despite its name or what it's painted to represent, "Red polished wood" looks really badass--it reminds me a lot of Gary Oldman's armor in Dracula.
Satam
Bronze Grunt

Postby Opticon » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:13 pm

I thought I wanted a blood knight, but some of those paints are just too good...way to make things difficult, Ed. :lol:
Opticon
Standard Grunt

Postby xequae » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:15 pm

They all look great. Will be hard to choose.
xequae
Silver Grunt

Postby Neptunebastard » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:11 pm

Soooooo then...how is this voting going to work? How many choices are we going to have? We voted for "full-body effect" but we also voted for "color voting AND mockup voting" so with 12 new awesome Full-Body Effects and a bazillion awesome Mockups how do you plan to pare that down to what our voting selections are? How many options CAN you have in a poll? We all worked really hard on our mockups so we can't throw those out, you worked really hard on all those awesome paint designs and it would be a shame to see those go to waste...I love the turquoise and jade btw, those were actually my first two thoughts when this started, I have a bunch of turquoise and jade images I was trying to use as texture but just wasn't working so those two are exactly what I was looking for...anyway, where was I? Oh yeah...sooooo many choices, how will we decide? :D
Neptunebastard
Platinum Grunt

Postby Angohtar » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:19 pm

Holy mackerel, they all look awesome! I have a feeling red polished wood will win the vote (because it's looks great!), but I hope that we get to see other ML figures in the future done in this sort of full effect paint style. My personal favourites are green patina, full rust, and red polished wood, with special mentions for terra cotta soldier, volcanic, and dark jade.
Angohtar
Bronze Grunt

Postby ReallyBigKid » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:21 pm

So does that mean the horns, or what ever, will be the same colour as the armour, or can they still be bone?
ReallyBigKid
Bronze Apprentice

Postby EDcomics » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:21 pm

We're going to vote on 10 of these. Terra Cotta (soldier & tile) and Jade (regular, light & dark), if they win, would have a second stage of voting. So we'll vote and have one winner for Full Body Effect.

The Four Horsemen will choose a selection of fan mockups, and we'll also vote for a winner from that category.

The winners of the Full Body Effect and Fan Mockup will face each other in one final vote. The winner will be produced with the Kickstarter figures. The loser will likely still see production at some point down the road, but I don't have details on that yet.

The paint voting seems to have leveled out, so I may lock it tomorrow night and start the official vote for Full Body Effect. As for the fan mockups (as well as names), I'll try to get those in front of the 4H ASAP so they can whittle it down to a final group to vote on.
EDcomics
Platinum Apprentice

Postby Ashimar » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:22 pm

Volcanic looks nice!

Also like the black marble.
Ashimar
Silver Grunt

Postby EDcomics » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:23 pm

ReallyBigKid wrote:So does that mean the horns, or what ever, will be the same colour as the armour, or can they still be bone?

If there's time, we'll do a vote on that. They're horns, so it would make sense to allow for them to be actual horn, bone or something else.
EDcomics
Platinum Apprentice

Postby Satam » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:37 pm

eewk wrote:Just a thought, would the "Red Wood" be a misleading/turn-off name for some as the armor is pretty much metal. Red Lacquer or something else? No issues with the color itself. Totally caught my eye first.

I had that thought, too. How about "Blood Soaked" instead of "Red Polished Wood," then?
Satam
Bronze Grunt

PreviousNext

Return to Mythic Legions Kickstarter & Fantastic Exclusive