01- Green Patina
2%
02- Full Rust
3%
03- Turquoise Stone
3%
04- Black Marble
1%
05- Blood of the Ancients (Red Polished)
44%
06- Jade (Regular, Light Jade or Dark Jade)
41%
07- Terra Cotta (Soldier or Tile)
1%
08- Ivory
1%
09- Volcanic
5%

Total votes : 194

Re: PAINT ROUND 02: FULL BODY EFFECT (Poll Added)

Postby EDcomics » Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:45 am

Need more love for the Turquoise. I'm telling you... That would be an amazing figure.
EDcomics
Platinum Apprentice

Postby Neptunebastard » Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:53 am

EDcomics wrote:Need more love for the Turquoise. I'm telling you... That would be an amazing figure.

It would but I can't "waste" my vote on it b/c it won't win THIS round of voting but that's exactly what I picture for our fallen hero, Vikar Seasblood, bearded warrior from the north...still have a few days to get one last tribute to him but work keeps getting in the way...hopefully this weekend...
Neptunebastard
Platinum Grunt

Postby EDcomics » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:11 pm

Bah. You can't say that when the votes are this low. Remember, the Bearded Dwarf was leading the polls for most of the voting period, but it still lost.
EDcomics
Platinum Apprentice

Postby pgrand3 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:45 pm

EDcomics wrote:Need more love for the Turquoise. I'm telling you... That would be an amazing figure.

I agree....along with any of the green shades & Terra Cotta colors. The majority have their hearts set on a dark figure, demandingly black/red aka Gorgo 2.0. If that wins I'll choose one or the other, not both.

We have the chance to choose something drastically different than what we've seen, it's unfortunate it might not happen but regardless I'm sure the Fanex will still be great.
pgrand3
Bronze Grunt

Postby Ashimar » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:49 pm

Not sure why people are saying that Volcanic is black. Just take a closer look at the black marble and volcanic colors. They're different.

I just think that volcanic is missing a red effect and that red wood is missing more black/shadow effects.
Ashimar
Silver Grunt

Postby Mr Yac » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:59 pm

sad to see rust getting it's but kicked so badly
Mr Yac
Silver Grunt

Postby pgrand3 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:34 pm

There are 615 backers and far less voting for this FanEx fig.....these are the breaks
pgrand3
Bronze Grunt

Postby Angohtar » Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:42 pm

It would be interesting to see what the numbers would be if the votes were hidden, so that there would not be any "strategic" voting, just people voting for what they actually want most. But I guess this is better, since if we can see that our number one favourite for sure won't win, we can choose our favourite of the ones that do stand a chance of winning.

I hope we end up seeing many of the full body effects that don't win in future ML waves.
Angohtar
Bronze Grunt

Postby EDcomics » Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:51 pm

Angohtar wrote:It would be interesting to see what the numbers would be if the votes were hidden, so that there would not be any "strategic" voting, just people voting for what they actually want most. But I guess this is better, since if we can see that our number one favourite for sure won't win, we can choose our favourite of the ones that do stand a chance of winning.

I hope we end up seeing many of the full body effects that don't win in future ML waves.

Yeah, I'm not sure if I can do a blind poll... but there's definitely a lot of strategic voting going on.

As for the black figure, perhaps it was just a mistake to include options for black and red because the figure is so close to Gorgo already.

It's still early, though. I do hope one of the other options wins, because the figure could end up looking seriously unique that way.
EDcomics
Platinum Apprentice

Postby Brittac123 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:58 pm

Ashimar wrote:Not sure why people are saying that Volcanic is black. Just take a closer look at the black marble and volcanic colors. They're different.

I just think that volcanic is missing a red effect and that red wood is missing more black/shadow effects.

I'm pretty sure we get to vote on the accent color after this? That's why I was saying volcanic would look great with orangey-red accents on the armor to make him look more demonic... I think most of these full body effects would need some kind of accent color to really pull it together.
Brittac123
Golden Grunt

Postby Brittac123 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:01 pm

if a few of these colors in particular pull way ahead of the others after a few days, I'm hoping we can see some fully armored figures with these effects to help us decide for sure. I still think the dark jade would look pretty great, but I'm willing to bet people are having a hard time envisioning it.
Brittac123
Golden Grunt

Postby Josey Wales » Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:22 pm

Being that I'm the only vote for jade, I'd say you're right. :(
Josey Wales
Bronze Grunt

Postby Angohtar » Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:49 pm

Josey Wales wrote:Being that I'm the only vote for jade, I'd say you're right. :(

Not necessarily. I think a figure would look amazing in dark jade, just not the FanEx. Imagine a solid dark jade figure with an Asian dragon head-shaped helmet. I would be on that like white on rice. :) To me, the FanEx figure has a more traditional Western look, so I think jade is better saved for another figure.
Angohtar
Bronze Grunt

Postby crazybirdman » Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:02 pm

to be fair, most of the samples you did would make amazing figures. I just think people have specific images in their head already, of what they want the FanEx to be, and of what a Turquoise, or terra cotta etc figure would be. Maybe you can offer to sell some fully painted sample figures?
crazybirdman
Silver Grunt

Postby EDcomics » Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:17 pm

I would love to do a full prototype for each paint effect, but it would take a lot of time and resources to make it happen. Still, I agree having that full figure painted up might help a lot of people see the true potential of some of these options. So the question is which ones to attempt to do? The ones that are behind in the vote in order to give people a clear image of what they could be? Or do only the ones leading the pack?

If I can get in to the studio early tomorrow and cast parts like crazy, it's possible I can do a few full body protos. Of course, then they would need to be painted, and preferably before the weekend.
EDcomics
Platinum Apprentice

PreviousNext

Return to Mythic Legions Kickstarter & Fantastic Exclusive