other 6" Kickstarters?

other 6" Kickstarters?

Postby Jim Abell » Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:49 pm

I know that there was a failed attempt or two made to get 6" Street Fighter figures made, other than that and the Ravens have there been any other 6" lines offered/funded?
Whiskey for the men, beer for the horses... What are the centaurs having?...
Jim Abell
Bronze Grunt

Re: other 6" Kickstarters?

Postby paladin » Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:12 pm

How about the Play With This Too Kickstarter?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/44 ... nav_search
paladin

Postby Jim Abell » Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:16 pm

That one looks cool! Have to read up on it tonight (not that I need to buy any more action figures for a long while... :oops: )
Whiskey for the men, beer for the horses... What are the centaurs having?...
Jim Abell
Bronze Grunt

Postby FuzzyBlueDemon » Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:21 pm

www.cryptidtoys.com/
These guys are getting ready to launch their kickstarter campaign. They are making 6" super articulated army builder figures to mesh with lines like Marvel Legends. So far, they've down an army soldier, a swat team member, & teased a ninja. Look them up on Instagram! That's the next one in looking forward to.
FuzzyBlueDemon

Postby Ideal » Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:31 pm

FuzzyBlueDemon wrote:http://www.cryptidtoys.com/
These guys are getting ready to launch their kickstarter campaign. They are making 6" super articulated army builder figures to mesh with lines like Marvel Legends. So far, they've down an army soldier, a swat team member, & teased a ninja. Look them up on Instagram! That's the next one in looking forward to.

i'll be keeping an eye on this. i've been wanting some good military figures. hopefully they put them in the classic camo and dont make them branch specific (like throwing big "ARMY" patches all over them). that way you could conceivably make them a unit of whatever part of the military you choose
Ideal
Platinum Grunt

Postby Dayraven » Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:56 pm

play with this too really hits me in a sweet spot, cuz i like random creatures and i like parts swapping, especially when i discover the happiness of cross-line compatibility.
Dayraven
Bronze Grunt

Postby JamesLynch » Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:00 pm

There was a pretty spiffy-looking Mega Man X 6" Kickstarter not too long ago. I found it a bit odd that their stated goal was to make a great, affordable 6" Mega Man figure, and the figure was $85. I realize it's a niche item, but $85 for a 6" figure is not what I'd call "affordable."

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/truforce/truforce-collectibles-mega-man-x-action-figure
JamesLynch
Silver Apprentice

Postby JediJones » Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:04 pm

It'd be cool if they'd do firemen and policemen too.
JediJones

Postby boogieman4hire » Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:23 pm

Whatever happened to Army Alphas by Cryptic Toys? I had anticipated those so much when they were kick starting. Then I guess the creator pulled and nothing..
boogieman4hire
Platinum Grunt

Postby ReallyBigKid » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:21 pm

boogieman4hire wrote:Whatever happened to Army Alphas by Cryptic Toys? I had anticipated those so much when they were kick starting. Then I guess the creator pulled and nothing..
The Skeletons are still happening.

The Souls of the Abyss kickstarter will be happening very soon.

Who doesn't like aquatic monsters?
ReallyBigKid
Bronze Apprentice

Postby boogieman4hire » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:51 pm

ReallyBigKid wrote:[quote=The Souls of the Abyss kickstarter will be happening very soon.

Who doesn't like aquatic monsters?

I don't like them.... I love them. I love them so much I want to take them behind a middle school and get them pregnant!
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xnxz3acXM6w
boogieman4hire
Platinum Grunt

Postby Sir Real » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:46 am

Souls of the Abyss is live now. 7" sea monster type figures, which look really great. Mythic Legions is even mentioned in the description, to say they are in the same scale. :D

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/29 ... nera-tribe
Sir Real
Bronzesmith

Postby christianpyro » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:42 am

What does the quote below mean? (Taken from the Legends of the abyss Kickstarter page):

The figures have 11 points of articulation, but here's the cool thing; though the sculpting and approach to the design of these action figures is very contemporary and detail oriented, the way the production and articulation has been engineered, is very old school. The torso will be made of hollow vinyl and strung together very much like a MEGO figure, allowing for an incredible range of motion and pose-ability, that you don't see a lot these days in most action figures. It's bringing back a little of that 70's magic and mixing it with a level of sculptural detail that was rarely seen in that era. In my opinion, this is truly the best of both worlds. It also prevents a lot of the breakage you see in the jointed areas of some figure lines out there, that basically make them more like statues instead of a poseable figure. The range of motion and articulation in these figures easily equals or surpasses a lot of what's being done nowadays, and it's achieved with less joints.

I can't say that I remember how a Mego figure worked. Is it strung together with a rubber ring like a GI-Joe or old He-man figure?
christianpyro
Silver Apprentice

Postby Dark Horse » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:19 am

I pledged for a Shark hunter. Though I have to say the articulation description is utter BS. No wrist or waist movement, but the guy says it's as good as any other figure on the market? Ha, no. Pretty insulting really.
Happy in his folly, the fool embraces the devil...

My Facebook Customs page
Dark Horse
Bronze Grunt

Postby edgs2099 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:16 am

Sir Real wrote:Souls of the Abyss is live now. 7" sea monster type figures, which look really great. Mythic Legions is even mentioned in the description, to say they are in the same scale. :D

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/29 ... nera-tribe

I like that they're offering blanks. I really want to paint a few with some cooler colors.
edgs2099
Silver Grunt

Next

Return to Mythic Legions Kickstarter & Fantastic Exclusive