Complimentary figures to Mythic Legions?

Re: Complimentary figures to Mythic Legions?

Postby Ziero01 » Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:06 am

Forbidden is a very awkwardly jointed figure, the arms especially. I've been thinking about attempting to replace his shoulder joints with revolver style joints honestly, especially seeing as they've started to show signs of wear and will most likely break before long. That said, he's still a fantastic monster of a skeleton and his weapons are great.

Also, you can actually remove his head and slide his cape thing off to make him less top heavy and easier to stand. Tightening his hip joints also goes a long way towards keeping him up. Just don't tighten them too much, the FFVIII figures are notoriously fragile and highly prone to breakage. It's a shame none of the other FF series got figures similar to these guys, many of the other games had some incredible monster and character designs and I would've loved to have more figures of them.
Ziero01
Platinum Grunt

Postby homunculus » Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:38 am

Ziero01 wrote:
Dayraven wrote:that articulated scorpion coming from schleich is going to look awesome attacking my dwarves.

That Scorpion looks pretty awesome, as does a lot of the newer Schleich stuff but it's hard finding any real info on price or size for a lot of em. The sets with the small critters and the magic swords are especially interesting, but I'd like to see how big they are compared to other figures and if the magic swords can be removed from their displays. Also Schleich stuff is usually ridiculously priced so I'm wondering how much these things will actually go for in the US.

Somebody chime in if I'm wrong, but I think Schleich stuff is more or less 4" scale. Maybe a little on the smaller side.
homunculus
Bronze Grunt

Postby Visionary » Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:11 am

Oh wow the cape comes off the Forbidden,that's good to know and should help posing I hope.
Thanks
If you look real close,you can see my avatar is laughing at you.
Visionary
Goldsmith

Postby Neptunebastard » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:44 am

Just ran into the new Marvel Legends Thor figure and had to pick one up, he's a titan compared to other 6" figures but that's only fitting, his sword will work well. His bigass molded cape is kinda annoying and makes me glad ML is going cloth.
Neptunebastard
Platinum Grunt

Postby Visionary » Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:33 pm

Yeah my Thor and Odin will be leading a charge of Vikings and Barbarians to battle.
Visionary
Goldsmith

Postby TheToyDoc » Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:03 pm

Neptunebastard wrote:Just ran into the new Marvel Legends Thor figure and had to pick one up, he's a titan compared to other 6" figures but that's only fitting, his sword will work well. His bigass molded cape is kinda annoying and makes me glad ML is going cloth.

Yeah, but I miss the days of Toybizs paint apps., I think if someone suggested some drybrushing or shadowing to Hasbro they'd be fired on the spot.
TheToyDoc
Apprentice

Postby ShootinMyWayOut » Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:37 pm

TheToyDoc wrote:
Neptunebastard wrote:Just ran into the new Marvel Legends Thor figure and had to pick one up, he's a titan compared to other 6" figures but that's only fitting, his sword will work well. His bigass molded cape is kinda annoying and makes me glad ML is going cloth.

Yeah, but I miss the days of Toybizs paint apps., I think if someone suggested some drybrushing or shadowing to Hasbro they'd be fired on the spot.

Same here. I bought a Face Off Captain America and Hulk when I finally found them for a reasonable price and wow, they used to look so different. I still collect the current legends, since there are still great figures, but man, they could be improved so much. The paint apps, as you mentioned, and making the face sculpts less cartoony, and more realistic would really help these figures out.
ShootinMyWayOut
Bronze Grunt

Postby zombie13 » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:51 pm

I have buyers remorse for the Oden/Thor wave. Especially after seeing such superior figures as the ones found in Mythic Legions. My biggest gripe besides the bad paint are how far out the shoulders stick out from the torso. I wanted to like these figures, but I can't. I should have put that money into Mythic Legions instead. That's what I get for trying to get back into marvel legends.
Anyone that needs me off site or not a registered member here may email me at zombie13.customs@yahoo.com
Follow me on Instagram at zombie13.customs
zombie13
Smith

Postby Dayraven » Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:40 am

zombie13 wrote:I have buyers remorse for the Oden/Thor wave. Especially after seeing such superior figures as the ones found in Mythic Legions. My biggest gripe besides the bad paint are how far out the shoulders stick out from the torso. I wanted to like these figures, but I can't. I should have put that money into Mythic Legions instead. That's what I get for trying to get back into marvel legends.

amen bra. i bought that wave, as a really wanted old man thor... and i came away very disappointed. soft, gummy plastics, TONS of mold lines and flashing, complete lack of complimentary paint aps, and lots of figs requiring modding to use the articulation well (particularly around the hips) in combination with a host of loose/floppy joints. my sentry has so much play in his hips it's almost gross. that was pretty much the end of marvel legends for me. i have most of the characters i considered crucial, and i may dip back in if/when we actually get bulldozer, but the days of me buying a wave at a time, or even just my favorite fig or two are likely over. i've just had too many QC issues for my tastes, even when the sculpt or character interested me, i just haven't come home entirely happy with a purchase in some time. especially in light of marvel select knocking it out of the park recently (cable not withstanding)
Dayraven
Bronze Grunt

Postby loolar » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:04 am

Dayraven wrote:
zombie13 wrote:I have buyers remorse for the Oden/Thor wave. Especially after seeing such superior figures as the ones found in Mythic Legions. My biggest gripe besides the bad paint are how far out the shoulders stick out from the torso. I wanted to like these figures, but I can't. I should have put that money into Mythic Legions instead. That's what I get for trying to get back into marvel legends.

amen bra. i bought that wave, as a really wanted old man thor... and i came away very disappointed. soft, gummy plastics, TONS of mold lines and flashing, complete lack of complimentary paint aps, and lots of figs requiring modding to use the articulation well (particularly around the hips) in combination with a host of loose/floppy joints. my sentry has so much play in his hips it's almost gross. that was pretty much the end of marvel legends for me. i have most of the characters i considered crucial, and i may dip back in if/when we actually get bulldozer, but the days of me buying a wave at a time, or even just my favorite fig or two are likely over. i've just had too many QC issues for my tastes, even when the sculpt or character interested me, i just haven't come home entirely happy with a purchase in some time. especially in light of marvel select knocking it out of the park recently (cable not withstanding)

Not good to hear. My fellow collecting buddy who is holding my Mythic Legions and MOTUC until my return is pretty much only doing Marvel Legends at this point, but he has so much I don't think he's opening them much. I have a scarce handful of Marvel Legends - mostly Thor and the 3/4 Wrecking Crew - but I doubt I'll ever collect more than that. It's a shame - some of the sculpts are really well done.
loolar
Golden Grunt

Postby Neptunebastard » Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:54 am

Yeah, I wanted the Thor but my reasoning to NOT buy Hawkeye had to do with Odin's torso leading me to buy the whole crappy line to complete him so I just stopped at Thor so the buyer's remorse is minimal. The only set I've bought in full was the Guardians set so I could have Groot. Nova is the only fig in that set that I'm not crazy about.
Neptunebastard
Platinum Grunt

Postby zombie13 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:53 am

Dayraven, yeah. I'm with you. I may cherry pick here and there. But no more ML Waves for me. And if I want the BAF, I'll buy the parts.

loolar, you're not missing anything. The pictures look pretty. That's about it.

Neptunebastard, Thor is probably the only good "solid" figure on the line. He just suffers from not having the updated ankle articulation in my opinion. But then because of his size, be might not be able to stand without falling over after a while. Aside from the plastics in the figures being gummy, the weapons are even more gummy. Not worth the price to me. And I did the same thing with the Guardians Wave. I wanted Groot for a Wood Elemental for the Seventh Kingdom display. :D
Anyone that needs me off site or not a registered member here may email me at zombie13.customs@yahoo.com
Follow me on Instagram at zombie13.customs
zombie13
Smith

Postby Visionary » Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:30 am

I don't think it will be in scale with ML but I was at TRU today and I picked up one of those $100 Schleich Knight Castles for $9 on clearance.I couldn't believe my eyes,the thing must've weighed like 20lbs.
That score and the $4 How to Train your Dragons at Target are really getting my Dungeon and Dragon juices flowing.
I even bought a 1984 D&D Ringlerun and Kelek carded from EBay for $30 so I'm in the zone,woohoooo!
Visionary
Goldsmith

Postby domu » Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:57 am

Visionary wrote:I don't think it will be in scale with ML but I was at TRU today and I picked up one of those $100 Schleich Knight Castles for $9 on clearance

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Buying Test Shots. Looking for: Bolthor, B'alam & Snagg
domu
Bronze Apprentice

Postby Izdawiz » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:04 pm

domu wrote:
Visionary wrote:I don't think it will be in scale with ML but I was at TRU today and I picked up one of those $100 Schleich Knight Castles for $9 on clearance

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Whaaaah!!!!!!!????
Izdawiz
Bronzesmith

PreviousNext

Return to Mythic Legions Kickstarter & Fantastic Exclusive