Birds available on BBTS

Re: Birds available on BBTS

Postby Sir Real » Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:30 pm

I think BBTS may be maintaining a max of "24", even though they have mroe than that, so that we don't know for sure how many they do have. If we as potential buyers think that there's only a few more of these left (less than 25), then we are perhaps more likely to buy them. Stated another way, if they ordered 200 of each and we see [by our kind of well-known trick of changing the quantity to "800" then seeing what the system realistically lowers it to], and we see the actual "200" number, then perhaps we think "ah, they've got plenty, no need to put in an order right now, I've got lots of time". And that delay translates to fewer sales for them. So, perhaps they're creating a somewhat inaccurate image of their supply, to keep demand high.

It reminds me of the time my parents bought a laptop computer on Amazon. They got it in, it was a pretty good item, they were happy with it, and everything is great. But, they told me that they were lucky to have gotten it, since when they bought it, it said "only 1 left". So then I checked the seller later, and they had another of the exact same item up, also with the tagline "only 1 left". If they had stated "35 available", perhaps the folks wouldn't have felt the need to get it when they did.

The "panic" of "it's the last one, I gotta get it right now; if I wait, someone else will get it, and I'll miss it." is a real driving force in sales/marketing.
Sir Real
Bronzesmith

Postby domu » Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:54 pm

Bummer, I think you're right.
Definitely worked once upon a time, but everything seems capped at 24 now.
At least it means that my memory isn't as bad as I feared, but it does mean that my speculation/analysis (at least what I based it on) was way off :oops:
Buying Test Shots. Looking for: Bolthor, B'alam & Snagg
domu
Bronze Apprentice

Postby Ahriman » Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:45 pm

Damn, I really need several of those birds.

But I won't buy a single one of them at those prices. 4H, take note. If those birds for sale at BBTS.com don't sell fast, it's not because of a lack of popularity.

If the 4H mix the series 1 birds with the series 2 pre-orders, I'll be all over series 1, hoping to get some wings and skulls too.
Ahriman
Bronze Grunt

Postby Mister c » Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:36 pm

Terrible prices- might as well try your luck on ebay
Mister c
Standard Grunt

Postby koonfasa » Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:40 pm

What were the prices back then?
Anyway why's the Osprey the most popular? I never gave it a second glance. Thinking I might have to preorder the ones I want and lock them in...
ship1-3=$22.25;4=$33.25;5-6=$53.25;7-8=$64.70...
koonfasa
Golden Grunt

Postby Runeshaper » Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:26 pm

Prices on BBTS are pretty high. If anyone has any bird figures in unopened and original packages that they want to sell at a price that won't cost me a body part, please let me know!
Runeshaper
Standard Grunt

Postby koonfasa » Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:45 am

If the birds are terrible, then whats Mythic Legions at BBTS?
Preordered the pelican and rooster as soon as I could and one of them is a straight up repaint, but I just can't bring myself to buy any ML from them yet.
ship1-3=$22.25;4=$33.25;5-6=$53.25;7-8=$64.70...
koonfasa
Golden Grunt

Postby deceptifocus » Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:17 pm

Those posts are a year old and at some point Bbts had the same figures for pre-order at the current $35 price and then at like twice or more that price.
deceptifocus
Apprentice

Previous

Return to Gothitropolis & Raven Kickstarter