Mythic Legions ART BOOK - May we get a current update?

Mythic Legions ART BOOK - May we get a current update?

Postby Sir Real » Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:59 am

4HM- Is there any current news on this, specifically on a timetable for release of the (very past due) Mythic Legions Art Book? The last article, written well over a month ago now, did state some reasons for the delay(s?), but did not provide any estimates looking forward to when we might actually see this thing done; it was mostly just a hype article. Is there any timetable whatsoever?
Sir Real
Bronzesmith

Re: Mythic Legions ART BOOK - May we get a current update?

Postby Neptunebastard » Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:21 am

And no offense but they were more like excuses than reasons, lol, as an artist I get it, things take time and art is one of those things that takes time and that's why I don't do comic-books, b/c I can't hit those deadlines. Comic-books are deadline oriented and if you're consistently late on deadlines you'll be out of the business fast and forgotten about no matter how awesome your art is or was at some point in time. I know there's more to the "Art Book" than just the comic-book portion but comics are put out monthly, the art team had over a year to do one issue, even I can do one page every two weeks if I'm getting paid for it. I'm not trying to be critical though, lol, just thinking out loud, I don't know the details or specifics or anything, just that the book is late and we'd like to know when we'll be getting our grubby hands all over it.

THANKS!!!
Neptunebastard
Platinum Grunt

Postby zombie13 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:32 am

Would it have been better to make the contend available as an online thing rather than a physical book? Honestly, I'd rather that. And we can print it out ourselves if we wanted a hard copy.
Anyone that needs me off site or not a registered member here may email me at zombie13.customs@yahoo.com
Follow me on Instagram at zombie13.customs
zombie13
Smith

Postby Sir Real » Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:36 am

And for some reason, I also have a pretty good interest in the "trading card set" that was stated would also be coming with this. But of course, there are no details on how many cards, one of every character?, etc.

I made this separate thread about it, so that this subject only, can be discussed here, so it wouldn't get lost as it occasionally does when it comes up in other topics. I myself have also temporarily forgotten about it, with all the developments and announcements of additional figures and preorder sales. But since we're already basically 3 series deep into Mythic Legions now (1.0, 1.5, and 1.75) on the ordering, this series 1.0 item is really lagging behind now.

I sure hope they're not thinking about cancelling this book. It's a commitment made to the 1.0 Kickstarter backers (and to others who have preordered it from the store separately as well). But the more time that passes without any further mention of this book's status, has me worried.
Sir Real
Bronzesmith

Postby Sir Real » Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:39 am

zombie13 wrote:Would it have been better to make the contend available as an online thing rather than a physical book? Honestly, I'd rather that. And we can print it out ourselves if we wanted a hard copy.

Not for me. I want a tangible book, and of course, the trading cards. That's what we paid for. If that had been the plan from the beginning, that would be one thing. And I'm not suggesting you're suggesting this, but they shouldn't change the plan at this point.

Hopefully, it's still coming, perhaps semi-soon. But I think it's time to update the masses now, on a planned timetable for release. There has to have been a "due date" given to the creators, doesn't there? It can't just have been started with a "well, just do it, and when it's done, then it will be done." That can't have been how it started, can it?
Sir Real
Bronzesmith

Postby Visionary » Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:05 pm

Yes I'd like a hard copy as well but when?
If you look real close,you can see my avatar is laughing at you.
Visionary
Goldsmith

Postby christianpyro » Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:08 pm

zombie13 wrote:Would it have been better to make the contend available as an online thing rather than a physical book? Honestly, I'd rather that. And we can print it out ourselves if we wanted a hard copy.

I wouldn't be against both. Give us an online version soon and the physical copy once it's printed. I'd love to be able to read it now, but ultimately I want the printed book, that is what I paid for.
christianpyro
Silver Apprentice

Postby Neptunebastard » Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:17 pm

christianpyro wrote:

I wouldn't be against both. Give us an online version soon and the physical copy once it's printed. I'd love to be able to read it now, but ultimately I want the printed book, that is what I paid for.

Yeah, a digital copy isn't a bad thing but a physical copy is a must, prefereably hard-cover, lol, but not expected...I want it like a Valiant Comics Deluxe Hardcover TPB with silver embossed lettering...but I'll settle for a comic-book, lol.

I'm also interested in the cards...sure, Transformers MP cards just get tossed aside but they promised me cards so I want cards, lol.

AND I want the rules to the Table-Top Game that was to be included as well. I'm sure that'll be in with the book and/or the cards but it's another part of that deal that we're missing. We should be able to battle each other via webcam by now, lol...
Neptunebastard
Platinum Grunt

Postby Chuck20 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:58 pm

yea, i'd much rather have the physical copy, especially since there's a comic included as well. I also wish it was longer than 48 pages. Seems a bit scant if 22 of it is comic. Also curious about how this tabletop dice game supposedly included in it as well.
Chuck20
Standard Grunt

Postby ReallyBigKid » Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:23 pm

Maybe they are just waiting for series 2 now so that the book will be up to date.

And that's a no from me for digital. I want a book. I wonder how many of you would still want digital if you had to pay for it?
ReallyBigKid
Bronze Apprentice

Postby Sir Real » Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:43 pm

Waiting for the Kickstarter 2.0 to release a Kickstarter 1.0 item would not be cool at all.

If we want 2.0's characters to be in a book, then Kickstarter 2.0 should have it's own separate book, and trading cards, and comic story, with those characters. I kinda hope that's what they're planning anyway, a "volume 2" for the second series (which would also include 1.5 and 1.75's characters).
Sir Real
Bronzesmith

Postby Neptunebastard » Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:55 pm

Sir Real wrote:Waiting for the Kickstarter 2.0 to release a Kickstarter 1.0 item would not be cool at all.

If we want 2.0's characters to be in a book, then Kickstarter 2.0 should have it's own separate book, and trading cards, and comic story, with those characters. I kinda hope that's what they're planning anyway, a "volume 2" for the second series (which would also include 1.5 and 1.75's characters).

Exactly.
Neptunebastard
Platinum Grunt

Postby Chuck20 » Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:52 am

Another book is fine by me, as long as it doesn't as long to get as the first one has.
Chuck20
Standard Grunt

Postby zombie13 » Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:23 am

I totally want the book too. It's a promised product from the Kickstarter. But for those that are wanting to know their stories and the game, it would be nice to have that info online aswell. Nothing really wrong with both.
Anyone that needs me off site or not a registered member here may email me at zombie13.customs@yahoo.com
Follow me on Instagram at zombie13.customs
zombie13
Smith

Postby Chuck20 » Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:42 pm

I think another really interesting idea is a section that talks about everything that went into making the figures. From the concept planning, to sculpting, to the Kickstarter, then the process of having them made in China and shipping them out. It would be a really neat look at how an action figure gets made and all of the challenges along the way.
Chuck20
Standard Grunt

Next

Return to Mythic Legions Kickstarter & Fantastic Exclusive