Mythic Legions ART BOOK - May we get a current update?

Re: Mythic Legions ART BOOK - May we get a current update?

Postby SalemCrow » Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:52 pm

Looking at the KS page, there were at least 121 Art books sold as part of the 'all in' backers, so you have to figure there were probably another 50 sold to people who didn't go all in, and possibly more during the store preorders.

So I would say a conservative number is 200 - 300, with possibly more and extra for the store once they get in stock.

I don't know if the 4H can really 'pressure' the creators to buckle down and hammer out the rest, or even if it's made it to the printer yet, but I hope it's near that point soon, as I would like to see some of the other art in it. I'm not someone waiting for it, but if it looks cool enough when it's out, and the store has some, I might be tempted.
SalemCrow
Silver Grunt

Postby Neptunebastard » Tue Sep 06, 2016 3:15 pm

I'm owed at least 5 copies.
Neptunebastard
Platinum Grunt

Postby christianpyro » Tue Sep 06, 2016 3:20 pm

I bought one with my May order.
christianpyro
Silver Apprentice

Postby ReallyBigKid » Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:02 pm

In the original KS, I didn't go all in, but I bought a book.
ReallyBigKid
Bronze Apprentice

Postby Izdawiz » Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:45 pm

The books are being created and shipped directly to those of us who bought them by a third party. The 4h are not behind the delays, but it looks like things are moving along on this now even though we don't have a definite date yet.
Izdawiz
Bronzesmith

Postby Sir Real » Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:01 am

I agree that the 4HM aren't the ones causing the delay, but it is their product, we bought it from them, not the third party. So, it's not as if they don't have any responsibility for the delay, or, probably more accurate, their responsibility is in managing the completion of the project. I'm not upset about it, but to say that it's all the third party's fault, which while completely true, kind of implies that they are removed from the situation, which really, they aren't.

I don't know if things are moving along now or not, since their recent mention of the book status stated that they hadn't heard heard back from the creators, even though they had reached out to them. So, I'm not sure how they can claim that things are moving along, unless that was based on the very old prior update. Technically, we still don't know any more about this than we did three months ago.

Again not complaining, just being clear. I hope we hear something definite soon.
Sir Real
Bronzesmith

Postby Izdawiz » Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:18 am

Sir Real wrote:I agree that the 4HM aren't the ones causing the delay, but it is their product, we bought it from them, not the third party. So, it's not as if they don't have any responsibility for the delay, or, probably more accurate, their responsibility is in managing the completion of the project. I'm not upset about it, but to say that it's all the third party's fault, which while completely true, kind of implies that they are removed from the situation, which really, they aren't.

I don't know if things are moving along now or not, since their recent mention of the book status stated that they hadn't heard heard back from the creators, even though they had reached out to them. So, I'm not sure how they can claim that things are moving along, unless that was based on the very old prior update. Technically, we still don't know any more about this than we did three months ago.

Again not complaining, just being clear. I hope we hear something definite soon.

My post was an attempt to provide information, not assign fault. If an artist gets sick and that delays the book are you gonna blame him for getting sick? I'm not.

Anybody who thinks that delays aren't a part of the Kickstarter process probably didn't read the fine print, so as long as you are assigning fault save some for folks who complain about delays after clearly being forewarned that delays are to be expected and delivery dates aren't set in stone.

If you want to know exactly when you are getting something Kickstarter is probably not the place for you.
Izdawiz
Bronzesmith

Postby Sir Real » Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:08 pm

How much time has to pass before you consider this to be later than it should be? Yes, Kickstarters do not have a definite delivery date, there's no need to treat me like I don't know this. Yes, someone got sick. Was there no plan on when the book supposed to be done before that? What about after? There has to be some project management behind the book, and it seems no one knows anything about that. I find that odd. There's no need for the "ifs" that you already know to be false either. I never asked for a definite delivery date, only an update on where things stand currently.

And my point was that all they said was that they reached out to them, but they haven't responded. How is this in any way an indication that things are moving along now? It's really not saying anything other than they tried to find out something current, but don't have anything new to say.
Sir Real
Bronzesmith

Postby Ghost Whisper » Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:35 am

Izdawiz wrote: Anybody who thinks that delays aren't a part of the Kickstarter process probably didn't read the fine print, so as long as you are assigning fault save some for folks who complain about delays after clearly being forewarned that delays are to be expected and delivery dates aren't set in stone.

If you want to know exactly when you are getting something Kickstarter is probably not the place for you.

See, this annoys me. Just because something is a Kickstarter project does not give it the blanket right to be produced "whenever" the creators can get to it. The ones that sold it and took the money are ultimately solely responsible for it's completion and delivery in/around the specified timeframe. Those that have been contracted to do work for the book also need to live up to their obligations. If they cannot fulfill their end...for any reason...then alternate plans need to be put in place to keep the project moving. To simply put the project into limbo, with no definitive end date is NOT acceptable.
Ghost Whisper
Silver Grunt

Postby Izdawiz » Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:11 am

Ghost Whisper wrote:
Izdawiz wrote: Anybody who thinks that delays aren't a part of the Kickstarter process probably didn't read the fine print, so as long as you are assigning fault save some for folks who complain about delays after clearly being forewarned that delays are to be expected and delivery dates aren't set in stone.

See, this annoys me. Just because something is a Kickstarter project does not give it the blanket right to be produced "whenever" the creators can get to it. The ones that sold it and took the money are ultimately solely responsible for it's completion and delivery in/around the specified timeframe. Those that have been contracted to do work for the book also need to live up to their obligations. If they cannot fulfill their end...for any reason...then alternate plans need to be put in place to keep the project moving. To simply put the project into limbo, with no definitive end date is NOT acceptable.

Who says it's in limbo? Who says it isn't moving?

You presume too much.

I'd rather we not have a definitive end date then have them estimate one and have people poop their pants if the estimate doesn't turn out to be 100 percent correct. If that happens they'd never hear the end of it because some fans just aren't very good at waiting.
Izdawiz
Bronzesmith

Postby Visionary » Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:23 am

Howbout they post 1 page from the book to wet our appetites?
If you look real close,you can see my avatar is laughing at you.
Visionary
Goldsmith

Postby garyl » Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:44 pm

Or maybe they could just post some photos of the making of the Art Book to keep people interested. Pictures of an empty studio, a wastebasket full of crumpled papers, the sick guy in bed with a thermometer in his mouth, a final notice utility bill; you know, stuff like that.
garyl
Golden Grunt

Postby Sir Real » Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:15 pm

The "in limbo" I think just means that we don't know where it is or what is happening with it. And neither do the FHM. Even though they've contacted the people who are supposedly working on it, and haven't heard back. That's not a presumption, that's the only thing we actually do know. I think to say that it is "moving along right now" is presumptuous, since we haven't heard any definite news one way or the other.

I find it really odd that the people working on it haven't at least told the FHM where it stands currently. If it were done or close to being done by now, I'd think that news would definitely be something they would want to tell the FHM. If it's still delayed, delayed further, or there were bad news to report, I see that as maybe not being so quick to get back with them about. It just feels like if there were good news to report, it probably would have been reported by now, whereas with bad news, people seem to not want to report that very quickly.

Could other people now have gotten sick? Or was there a fire at the production studio? Maybe there was a delay in receiving the printing supplies? Did they run out of ink? Did someone there win the lottery, and just left? Or was it completely finished yesterday? Or, will it be done in two weeks?

We just don't know. = Limbo.
Sir Real
Bronzesmith

Postby Izdawiz » Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:21 pm

garyl wrote:Or maybe they could just post some photos of the making of the Art Book to keep people interested. Pictures of an empty studio, a wastebasket full of crumpled papers, the sick guy in bed with a thermometer in his mouth, a final notice utility bill; you know, stuff like that.

That's exactly what they said they were going to do in their last update. So hang tight.

-------

Also, we reached out to KRCO a couple of days ago to see if they can give us some kind of estimate of when the Mythic Legions Art Book will be finished and ready to ship out to all waiting customers. We're still awaiting a response from them on that, but hey're definitely getting close and will hopefully give us a solid timeline update on it within the next few days, along with some fantastic new interior images to show to all of you. Keep your eyes peeled.
-FOUR HORSEMEN-
Last edited by Izdawiz on Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Izdawiz
Bronzesmith

Postby Izdawiz » Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:30 pm

Sir Real wrote:The "in limbo" I think just means that we don't know where it is or what is happening with it. And neither do the FHM. Even though they've contacted the people who are supposedly working on it, and haven't heard back. That's not a presumption, that's the only thing we actually do know. I think to say that it is "moving along right now" is presumptuous, since we haven't heard any definite news one way or the other.

I find it really odd that the people working on it haven't at least told the FHM where it stands currently. If it were done or close to being done by now, I'd think that news would definitely be something they would want to tell the FHM. If it's still delayed, delayed further, or there were bad news to report, I see that as maybe not being so quick to get back with them about. It just feels like if there were good news to report, it probably would have been reported by now, whereas with bad news, people seem to not want to report that very quickly.

Could other people now have gotten sick? Or was there a fire at the production studio? Maybe there was a delay in receiving the printing supplies? Did they run out of ink? Did someone there win the lottery, and just left? Or was it completely finished yesterday? Or, will it be done in two weeks?

We just don't know. = Limbo.

I see a whole Lotta random assumptions here. It's the functional equivalent of my kids in the back seat asking "are we there yet?" every five minutes.

Here's what we do know:

Have the 4H let us down yet? No.

Are delays to be expected with Kickstarter projects? Yes.

Do we have a good reason to obsess and panic? No.

At least I don't think so, but others might, because even though the 4H have always come through, no matter what, people always end up freaking out... :)
Izdawiz
Bronzesmith

PreviousNext

Return to Mythic Legions Kickstarter & Fantastic Exclusive