Wolfbat Next Please!!

Wolfbat Next Please!!

Postby Izdawiz » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:15 am

The more I think about it, the more I think that Wolfbat would be the ideal figure for the next Kickstarter. It opens up all sorts of amazing variant possibilities. Not only every kind of cat (Lions, Tigers, every kind of house cat) but every kind of Wolf and wild and domesticated dog too. Who was by far the most popular Scarabus variant? Annubis. You could redo him and add other mythical creatures like Cerberus, a Sphinx, a freakin' Manticore would be awesome, no?!?

You think people love birds? That's nothing compared to how much and how many people love cats and dogs.

Wolfbat next, please...
Izdawiz
Bronzesmith

Re: Wolfbat Next Please!!

Postby justjeff45 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:27 am

If you can have a Lion and Tiger as variants in this line. I will vote for the wolfbat too. :D
justjeff45

Postby Izdawiz » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:38 am

Think about the possibilities. Who wouldn't want a Manticore?

We already have bone wings and it would be easy to swap in a scorpion tail tip...

Izdawiz
Bronzesmith

Postby Izdawiz » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:39 am

justjeff45 wrote:If you can have a Lion and Tiger as variants in this line. I will vote for the wolfbat too. :D

Lion and Tigers would be easy...
Izdawiz
Bronzesmith

Postby mholst87 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:42 am

We already have 4 Gothitroplis things completed or in the works (Scarabus, Time Keepers, Raven, Vampire Lady).

I'd like to see them move on to another line (like Symbiotech) or return to Seventh Kingdom :D

Wolfbat is badass, no complaints if he happens. Ministry of Hunters also. And pretty much anything else they have proposed. 8-)
mholst87
Golden Grunt

Postby Dorkey » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:53 am

I don't care for the idea of pushing one character at this time, before FanEx5 has even been announced.

If we're going to be exploring possibilities, wouldn't it make sense to show a larger variety of characters so that new members will have a better idea as to what the choices may be when FanEx5 starts? I'd do this myself, but I seem to have only a handful of pictures (including previous winners).
Save a Tree, Eat a Beaver.
Dorkey
Bronze Grunt

Postby Izdawiz » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:56 am

Vampire lady isn't necessarily a go yet even though the prototypes are sculpted. And if you make Wolfbat's armor removable (or even if you don't) he could be the first official half Gothitropolis half Seventh Kingdom release.

You'd kill two birds with one stone and get people pumped about both lines at once. Even if you don't release both the Gothitropolis and Seventh K versions at one time, you'd already have the tooling in the bank to follow up one with the other.
Izdawiz
Bronzesmith

Postby Izdawiz » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:03 am

Dorkey wrote:I don't care for the idea of pushing one character at this time, before FanEx5 has even been announced.

If we're going to be exploring possibilities, wouldn't it make sense to show a larger variety of characters so that new members will have a better idea as to what the choices may be when FanEx5 starts? I'd do this myself, but I seem to have only a handful of pictures (including previous winners).

Oh but I am pushing waaaaay more than one character.

1) Wolfbat
2) Cerebrus
3) Manticore
4) Sphinx
5) Wolves
6) A fighting Bulldog (honoring Cornboys dog)
7) A fighting pug (Honoring Eric's)
8) Lions
9) Tigers
10) Bearcats
11) Oh My! All manner of awesome creatures, weasels, racoons, ferrets, whatever. The possibilities are endless.
Izdawiz
Bronzesmith

Postby beast guy » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:26 am

Werewolves seem to be popular at the time even though that may be starting to wane. Although I think the Vampire Queen could give better variants.
beast guy
Platinum Grunt

Postby dwaltrip » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:55 am

mholst87 wrote:I'd like to see them move on to another line (like Symbiotech) or return to Seventh Kingdom :D

I am with you mholst....I want Symbiotech next. Wolfbat never excited me much.
dwaltrip
Golden Grunt

Postby Izdawiz » Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:05 am

beast guy wrote:Werewolves seem to be popular at the time even though that may be starting to wane. Although I think the Vampire Queen could give better variants.

Well keep in mind that the last bunch of Queens the Four Horsemen did sold terribly which doesn't exactly inspire confidence that an all female Vamp queen line would do any better. Believe me, if I thought the Vamp queen line could do as well or better than Wolfbat, I'd be 100 percent behind it. In fact I have heard some stories (from very reputable sources) about how bad that line of Queens sold that I almost couldn't believe them when I heard them.

I think you are thinking of the Wolfbat as one single werewolf figure, instead of a whole line of unique variants.

The Wolfbat would only be one variant and maybe the only werewolf or wold/bat hybrid among them. And while some may claim the don't like him he only lost to the Raven by a very few votes so plenty of people like him.

Finally, if you don't think that the Four Horsemen could knock a bunch of Wolfbat variants out of the park, then you haven't been paying attention. :D
Izdawiz
Bronzesmith

Postby zombie13 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:16 am

I support Wolf-Bat. I voted for him over the Raven in the beginning anyway. Still love the Raven though.
Anyone that needs me off site or not a registered member here may email me at zombie13.customs@yahoo.com
Follow me on Instagram at zombie13.customs
zombie13
Smith

Postby Mr Yac » Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:26 pm

eh, there are plenty of characters that i'm sure have placed way higher then him in multiple Fan-Ex votings. hell didn't ice Guy come in 2nd to both 7th Kingdom winners?
Mr Yac
Silver Grunt

Postby EDcomics » Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:30 pm

I voted for WolfBat over the Raven, but I need a break from this sort of thing. Time for something new.
EDcomics
Platinum Apprentice

Postby naugem » Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:40 pm

The Wolfbat has many possibilities for variants and would make a great figure. I'm not too excited about the Vampire Queen, she just doesn't catch my imagination as much as other of the figures do.
On the other hand, many years have passed since those concepts were proposed. I wonder if the 4HM have come up with possible new characters or properties to create.
naugem
Golden Grunt

Next

Return to Gothitropolis & Raven Kickstarter