other 6" Kickstarters?

Re: other 6" Kickstarters?

Postby boogieman4hire » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:27 am

Will they be offered any other way after they're actually produced because I can't wait 11 months for it. I made a vow with my family that beyond mythic legions I won't buy anything I have to wait a long time to receive. I got my MOTU Ultimates as my Christmas present so they've all been trying to bite my head off that they didn't come till 8 months later. Just got em yesterday thank God. I showed them the Cyclops and they loved it but they then gave me the look of death when I told them how long it'll take for it to be made and arrive. So I'll be waiting for an instock sale on that. Any other pre-order and wait figures though are just nos sadly
boogieman4hire
Platinum Grunt

Postby Sir Real » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:53 pm

boogieman4hire wrote:Will they be offered any other way after they're actually produced because I can't wait 11 months for it. I made a vow with my family that beyond mythic legions I won't buy anything I have to wait a long time to receive. I got my MOTU Ultimates as my Christmas present so they've all been trying to bite my head off that they didn't come till 8 months later. Just got em yesterday thank God. I showed them the Cyclops and they loved it but they then gave me the look of death when I told them how long it'll take for it to be made and arrive. So I'll be waiting for an instock sale on that. Any other pre-order and wait figures though are just nos sadly

Just curious, what's the big deal about waiting for something to be produced and then to be shipped and arrive?

Also, I haven't heard if there will be any other ways in the future to get these.
Sir Real
Bronzesmith

Postby Sir Real » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:02 pm

christianpyro wrote:What does the quote below mean? (Taken from the Legends of the abyss Kickstarter page):

The figures have 11 points of articulation, but here's the cool thing; though the sculpting and approach to the design of these action figures is very contemporary and detail oriented, the way the production and articulation has been engineered, is very old school. The torso will be made of hollow vinyl and strung together very much like a MEGO figure, allowing for an incredible range of motion and pose-ability, that you don't see a lot these days in most action figures. It's bringing back a little of that 70's magic and mixing it with a level of sculptural detail that was rarely seen in that era. In my opinion, this is truly the best of both worlds. It also prevents a lot of the breakage you see in the jointed areas of some figure lines out there, that basically make them more like statues instead of a poseable figure. The range of motion and articulation in these figures easily equals or surpasses a lot of what's being done nowadays, and it's achieved with less joints.

I can't say that I remember how a Mego figure worked. Is it strung together with a rubber ring like a GI-Joe or old He-man figure?

Yeah, that's right. Each limb had an eyelet, like the head of a needle, and then inside the hollow torso, all the limbs were strung together with a band. There's info about mego body types 0, 1, and 2, with either plastic or metal rivets, but I think they all had that internal string that connected the limbs, basically holding the limbs up into the joint location (shoulder, hip). I guess for assembly, they work through the neck hole to put that band in there and tie up all the arms and legs, and then pop the head in place last.
Sir Real
Bronzesmith

Postby zombie13 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:40 pm

Eh, I'm not into vinyl, strung together figures. I'm out before even being in. Best of luck to the campaign and those into it. They look good, but just aren't my thing.
Anyone that needs me off site or not a registered member here may email me at zombie13.customs@yahoo.com
Follow me on Instagram at zombie13.customs
zombie13
Smith

Postby boogieman4hire » Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:01 pm

That sucks. Those joints end up loose or the band rips and crap. Plus I heard those were only specifically used because they were cheaper.
boogieman4hire
Platinum Grunt

Postby ReallyBigKid » Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:26 pm

zombie13 wrote:Eh, I'm not into vinyl, strung together figures. I'm out before even being in. Best of luck to the campaign and those into it. They look good, but just aren't my thing.

We don't know they are vinyl for sure. It says vinyl or PVC. Just out of interest, why do you dislike vinyl?
ReallyBigKid
Bronze Apprentice

Postby zombie13 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:16 pm

It's more so because of the construction more than anything, but I don't like softer type figures or parts. I still don't trust the Mythic Legions faulds and loin armor to stand the test of time. Some similar stuff I have from 15/16 years ago have dry rotted and crumbled. And I've seen more MEGO figures apart than I have that stayed together. I'd love to get one of the hard resin prototypes he's offering, but I don't have that kind of cash.
Anyone that needs me off site or not a registered member here may email me at zombie13.customs@yahoo.com
zombie13
Smith

Postby Visionary » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:25 am

There's a Krull Kickstarter coming soon!!!!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/83 ... VIEFIGURES

Slayers!
Build A Beast All In
Glaive Prop Reward Level!

Wooooooohooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!
If you look real close,you can see my avatar is laughing at you.
Visionary
Goldsmith

Postby christianpyro » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:44 am

Visionary wrote:There's a Krull Kickstarter coming soon!!!!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/83 ... VIEFIGURES

Slayers!
Build A Beast All In
Glaive Prop Reward Level!

Wooooooohooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!

That link doesn't seem to work.
christianpyro
Silver Apprentice

Postby dracos70 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:53 am

Anyone know if they ever made ninja scroll figures? I would most def like to get some of of those.
dracos70

Postby SalemCrow » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:58 am

I'm out before I was ever in as well.

I was always turned off by the huge disconnect between the waist and legs. The Mego connection is a definite no. I know there are fans of the style, but it's not for me.

They are just too much to buy, JUST to customize to my needs.
SalemCrow
Silver Grunt

Postby ReallyBigKid » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:38 am

Well I'm still in. I just put myself down for the five Shark Hunter figures. They look great and these aren't the crappy old Megos that I used to have in 70s. Sandy is a collector himself. He's not going to put out some shit that isn't going to last. This is his baby and he's going to do what's best for it. I hope the whole figure ends up PVC. Here in Australia I have terrible problems with certain plastics getting all sweaty as they age.

Anyway, I hope this Kickstarter does well. I'm going to put myself down for a Blu Ray of the film during the backerkit, maybe even a weapon pack.

I will say, it's rotten timing that this has happened during the Mythic Legions Coliseum pre-order. I'm spreading myself real thin. I'd say I'll have to delve deep into my collection for something to sell.
ReallyBigKid
Bronze Apprentice

Postby Chicken George » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:02 am

ReallyBigKid wrote:Well I'm still in. I just put myself down for the five Shark Hunter figures. They look great and these aren't the crappy old Megos that I used to have in 70s. Sandy is a collector himself. He's not going to put out some shit that isn't going to last. This is his baby and he's going to do what's best for it. I hope the whole figure ends up PVC. Here in Australia I have terrible problems with certain plastics getting all sweaty as they age.

Anyway, I hope this Kickstarter does well. I'm going to put myself down for a Blu Ray of the film during the backerkit, maybe even a weapon pack.

I will say, it's rotten timing that this has happened during the Mythic Legions Coliseum pre-order. I'm spreading myself real thin. I'd say I'll have to delve deep into my collection for something to sell.

I also signed up for the 5 and blank set, I'm thinking about the dirty dozen set, likewise everything out at once, puts damper on wallet.

These figures look amazing, I do not know about you guys I rarely take them out of the package, let alone wear them out by playing with them, I pose some on the shelf, and once there, they do not wear out their joints. Comparing them to the old Meeco lines that you actually played with, is probably not a fair comparison.

I just hope they do well enough to come out with different molds.
Chicken George
Bronze Grunt

Postby zombie13 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:38 am

Just to clarify, I didn't make the comparison to Mego first, he did by saying they had a similar construction. Those types of figures are not what I collect. But others do, and I get that. I hope he does very well and wish him the best with his projects. He's living his dream. I look forward to seeing you guys post these when you get them. But as for myself, I've had to become ever more selective in which Kickstarter I back these days. I'm still trying to pay off the first ones I joined.
zombie13
Smith

Postby Spongyblue » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:40 am

I just found this one for an interlocking diorama system: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1785579518/lokt-system-diorama-walls-castle-dungeon-builder?ref=nav_search

I don't think it will make it at 1% with 7 days left, but its an interesting concept that I know folks have been asking for awhile. I hope they tinker with the concept and give it a second try. They even appear to be fans of ML, so I'm kinda surprised they haven't popped up here to spread the word.
Spongyblue
Silver Grunt

PreviousNext

Return to Mythic Legions Kickstarter & Fantastic Exclusive