Production Numbers/Quantity Produced

Production Numbers/Quantity Produced

Postby ToDigAndBeDug » Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:50 pm

Hi, all,

I recently came across a spreadsheet that a fan created for the Mezco One:12 line that included lots of interesting information about each release, including the date they went up for preorder, the date they released, original MSRP, and other tidbits. The most interesting piece of information for me was the production number/quantity produced. For some of these, the number was explicitly stated by Mezco, but for most, the creator of the spreadsheet simply used case numbers from the boxes the figures originally ship in.

I thought it might be fun/interesting to do the same with Mythic Legions figures. It seems like the Four Horsemen like shipping larger orders of figures (All-Ins and full sets) in their original shipping boxes, so I'm guessing between all the users here, we'd probably be able to compile a pretty good list.

I'll start with what I have currently. I have some older photos of a couple of the 1.0 Kickstarter boxes on an older phone, but I'm not sure when I'll be able to dig that out.

Mythic Legions Production Numbers/Quantity Produced:
Bog Goblin - 43 cases - 18 figures per case - 774 figures
Zazhar - 27 cases - 18 figures per case - 486 figures
Deluxe Orc Legion Builder #1 - 52 cases - 18 figures per case - 936 figures
Rahmulus - 48 cases - 24 figures per case - 1152 figures
Cador - 48 cases - 18 figures per case - 864 figures
Stone Troll - 500 cases - 2 figures per case - 1000 figures
Forest Troll - 500 cases - 2 figures per case - 1000 figures

Last edited by ToDigAndBeDug on Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ToDigAndBeDug
Silver Grunt

Re: Production Numbers/Quantity Produced

Postby domu » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:31 pm

Brontus

Scarabus

Xetheus

Snow Leopard

STHM(?) Mutant

Forest Troll

Bog Gobin

Zazhar

Blue Phoenix

Deluxe Orc

Phoenix
Buying Test Shots. Looking for: Bolthor, B'alam & Snagg
domu
Bronze Apprentice

Postby ToDigAndBeDug » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:54 pm

domu wrote:Brontus

Awesome! Thanks a lot, Domu! I'll incorporate these numbers into the first post and try to keep it up to date or eventually create an open Google Doc that anyone can look at and share.

Could you snap a shot of the other side of the Brontus box that shows the actual case number, like you did with the Forest Troll? I'm guessing it's xxx/500 like the Forest and Stone Trolls.
ToDigAndBeDug
Silver Grunt

Postby domu » Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:19 pm

There is no case number on that box, unfortunately. Same for the Phoenix.
domu
Bronze Apprentice

Postby Visionary » Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:19 pm

Ya but don't the "All In" cases throw off those numbers a bit?I remember trying to do this too when they first arrived at the warehouse.

I added the numbers from the KS page to the case numbers.
If you look real close,you can see my avatar is laughing at you.
Visionary
Goldsmith

Postby domu » Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:11 pm

I don't think the All-In cases come that way from the factory. At least none of ever mine did; they came in (some of) the boxes pictured. All-ins arrive separately and are repacked into shipping boxes for individual figures.

Not that I think going by what's on the shipping boxes would ever result in 100% accurate results. There are reissues, partial early shipments, and other things we're not aware of I'm sure that would change the numbers from the real total.

I think going by the box counts will get closer results than trying to figure it out from the Kickstarter numbers, though they could provide a minimum baseline. There's just no way to figure out exactly what everyone ordered from the Kickstarter aside from the base pledges. Any add-ons can't be accounted for. And we also have no idea how many over whatever is ordered the 4H actually have produced to sell later.

Do the numbers discussed here match up with the boxes?
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1193
domu
Bronze Apprentice

Postby Jeremy Girard » Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:33 am

domu wrote:I don't think the All-In cases come that way from the factory.

For the 1.0 Kickstarters, the "All Ins" were definitely packed together into 2 cases for each set. I got an All In, and that is how it came to me, and I remember Cornboy stating that they had the factory do that to make it easier on the 4H so they could get all those big orders out first without having to pick figures from individual boxes. So yeah, those All In packs would likely throw these case counts off at least a little, but its still cool to get a general sense of production quantities.
Check all of my Mythic Legions customs at www.pumpkin-king.com/mythic
Jeremy Girard
Apprentice

Postby domu » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:36 am

Jeremy Girard wrote:For the 1.0 Kickstarters, the "All Ins" were definitely packed together into 2 cases for each set. I got an All In, and that is how it came to me, and I remember Cornboy stating that they had the factory do that to make it easier on the 4H so they could get all those big orders out first without having to pick figures from individual boxes. So yeah, those All In packs would likely throw these case counts off at least a little, but its still cool to get a general sense of production quantities.

I remember the 2 cases, but can't remember what it said on them. Can you recall?
I would have guessed that my 1.0 All-In came in the Zazhar and Bog Goblin boxes pictured, as I'm not sure what else would have come in those.
I do remember Cornboy saying that about the factory packing them like that, now that you've mentioned it. Man, my memory isn't what it used to be.
domu
Bronze Apprentice

Postby Jeremy Girard » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:45 am

domu wrote:I remember the 2 cases, but can't remember what it said on them. Can you recall?
I would have guessed that my 1.0 All-In came in the Zazhar and Bog Goblin boxes pictured, as I'm not sure what else would have come in those.
I do remember Cornboy saying that about the factory packing them like that, now that you've mentioned it. Man, my memory isn't what it used to be.

I believe they just shipped them in boxes for the other figures, but with the name crossed out - like what you see for the Bog Goblin box in these pics. I don't recall mine saying "All In" on it, but I am sure they came in other figure's boxes.
Check all of my Mythic Legions customs at www.pumpkin-king.com/mythic
Jeremy Girard
Apprentice

Postby domu » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:57 am

Jeremy Girard wrote:I believe they just shipped them in boxes for the other figures, but with the name crossed out - like what you see for the Bog Goblin box in these pics. I don't recall mine saying "All In" on it, but I am sure they came in other figure's boxes.

I guess my memory isn't completely shot :P

So, the quantities calculated from the boxes could still be (sort of) accurate, I guess (the repacking just occurring at an earlier time).
domu
Bronze Apprentice

Postby ToDigAndBeDug » Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:45 pm

domu wrote:
Jeremy Girard wrote:I believe they just shipped them in boxes for the other figures, but with the name crossed out - like what you see for the Bog Goblin box in these pics. I don't recall mine saying "All In" on it, but I am sure they came in other figure's boxes.

I guess my memory isn't completely shot :P

So, the quantities calculated from the boxes could still be (sort of) accurate, I guess (the repacking just occurring at an earlier time).

Yeah, my two all-ins from the original Kickstarter came the same way. They were just re-packed into other figures' boxes. I don't think that'd throw the numbers off.
ToDigAndBeDug
Silver Grunt

Postby domu » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:52 pm

Check out the instagram pics of the AoD shipment.

Also looking at a video posted on Facebook, these are figures and the number of boxes I could make out:

12 figures per box:

Deluxe Knight Builder 134
Artemyss 76
Gadriel 68

24 figures per box:

Elf Legion Builder 110
Skeleton Soldier Builder 90
Cavern Dwarf Legion Builder 74
Orc Legion Builder 2 68
Brother Mandibulus 68
Jjuno 58
Barbarian Warrior Builder 56
Shadow Elf Warrior 53
Ravaena 50
Freyja 48
Lord Aydon 47
Calavius 45
Morgolyth 45?
Queen Urkzaa 43
Thistlethorn 42
Faunus 40
Azza 39
Myria 37
Xylona 35
Herra 33
Last edited by domu on Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
domu
Bronze Apprentice

Postby Gowron » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:50 pm

some are 12 per box

deluxe knight builder
artemyss
gadriel

numbers wise, looks like the elf legion builder is smoking everybody else. from what we can see anyway
Gowron
Silver Grunt

Postby Gowron » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:00 pm

I wonder if there were any real duds from this kickstarter. If there was, my guess would be Hagnon
Gowron
Silver Grunt

Postby domu » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:00 pm

Gowron wrote:some are 12 per box

deluxe knight builder
artemyss
gadriel

numbers wise, looks like the elf legion builder is smoking everybody else. from what we can see anyway

Oh, good eye! I missed that.
domu
Bronze Apprentice

Next

Return to Mythic Legions Kickstarter & Fantastic Exclusive