Let’s talk customs

Let’s talk customs

Postby Hellion » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:37 pm

So I recently bought a few of the awesome quality heads off of myactionfigurecustoms.com and I was going to try my hand at painting some but would rather someone with a bit more talent paint a few of the other heads. My questions regarding customs are:
-what paint to use that is the closest to that used on the actual official figures?
-are there any recommended painters here, especially ones good at matching the vampire tones?
Hellion
Silver Grunt

Re: Let’s talk customs

Postby Garnik » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:33 pm

Zombie? You reading this? I can personally vouch that Mr.13 can match the vampire tones. Naja is turning out some spectacular painted customs as well. Zombie does take commission work... not sure about Naja.
Garnik
Bronze Grunt

Re: Let’s talk customs

Postby zombie13 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:44 pm

I use Testors Model Master Acrylic paints. I keep a color key chart of all the colors I match. I'll have to get back to you on which colors specifically I use for the Vamps. It's not just a straight paint out of the bottle task mind you. It involves mixing, using some paints diluted with water to make a "wash" and then some "dry brush" techniques. I do all my painting by brush. I don't have an airbrush, so it's old school or no school for me.
Anyone that needs me off site or not a registered member here may email me at zombie13.customs@yahoo.com
Follow me on Instagram at zombie13.customs
zombie13
Smith

Return to Mythic Legions Kickstarter & Fantastic Exclusive