Looking for advice for a printing project

Looking for advice for a printing project

Postby Garnik » Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:16 am

Hi Folks,

I've been trying to complete my Ravens Kickstarter collection since I couldn't afford the "All-In" at the time it was live. I was finally able to pick up a T-shirt on ebay and I thought it would be goofy and kinda cool to display it in a box similar to those Funko use.

I've mocked up the design but due to it's size I can't print it on my office printer which maxes out at 11 X 17.
Here's the mock up

The size is: 22.4" X 17.1"

Ultimately it would be nice to have it printed on matte photo paper or something similar with a paper weight similar to a business card. Has anyone printed anything this large at Staples? I've tried their on-line service and any PDF or JPEG I upload auto fits to the page size selected and I can't scale it 1:1.

Does anyone have experience printing anywhere other than Staples or any on-line service?
Garnik
Bronze Grunt

Re: Looking for advice for a printing project

Postby worldwar_hulk » Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:16 am

Send me the file.

I deal with Large Format Color printing every day at my work. I could print this out for you on your requested Photo Matte paper from a very high quality, large, color printer. The output size would be 18x24 with your image centered on the sheet at the dimensions that you mentioned. Then you would be able to trim it however you like.

The price would break down as follows:
1 sheet @ 18x24 = 3 square feet
$4 per square foot
Sub Total $12
+ 8.625% CA Sales Tax = $1.04
Total would be = $13.04
(My work's prices, not mine)

If you wanted I could print this out at my work. You pay for it, and the shipping. I could scrounge together a strong (but heavy) 1/8" thick cardboard shipping tube for you, so you wouldn't have to purchase one of our smaller shitty ones.

What's in it for me?
I'd be stealing your idea and printing out a 2nd one to keep for myself. lol

Let me know if you're interested.
worldwar_hulk
Silver Grunt

Postby Garnik » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:05 pm

I appreciate the offer Worldwar_Hulk - but I'm gonna try and find an option here on the east coast first. If I can avoid additional costs for shipping that would definitely be preferred. I'll keep you posted.
Garnik
Bronze Grunt

Postby worldwar_hulk » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:21 am

Hit up "Google" for businesses in your area.

Search for things like:
reprographic or reprographics

Maybe also look for blueprinting companies, or sign making companies in your area. All of those types of business tend to do large format color printing. You could definitely try a photo company, but I'm sure that would likely be the most expensive of the options.
worldwar_hulk
Silver Grunt

Postby Jeremy Girard » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:55 am

Garnik wrote:I appreciate the offer Worldwar_Hulk - but I'm gonna try and find an option here on the east coast first. If I can avoid additional costs for shipping that would definitely be preferred. I'll keep you posted.

Just my 2-cents, from someone who has had to have large format prints done many times before - what WWHulk is offering is a crazy good price. Even with shipping, it is likely cheaper than what you will pay at a large format printing company )by the way, that is what I would look up to find a company to do it).

Good luck either way! It's a fun idea!
Check all of my Mythic Legions customs at www.pumpkin-king.com/mythic
Jeremy Girard
Apprentice

Postby Ideal » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:30 am

when I made a Pop! box, I used a template that was broken down into sections and then printed it on A4 and assembled it.
A bit of trial and error was necessary to get the size close to that of an actual Pop, but it wasn't overly difficult.

That said, I really don't think you can beat WWH's price printing it yourself, and if i'd known that was an option, I might have done that instead.
Ideal
Platinum Grunt

Return to Mythic Legions Kickstarter & Fantastic Exclusive