Backing Things at KickStarter

The place to discuss all things Four Horsemen!

Re: Backing Things at KickStarter

Postby zombie13 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:26 pm

I was only able to go in for one basic figure. My hope is to be able to get more during the Backerkit if I can afford it. Taxes coming in should help. I'm not into the Marvel Inspired. I'm more for the SWAT guys and MAYBE some G.I. Joe type guys. I'm not even that big into the G.I. Joe stuff but it's cool enough I guess. We probably won't get these until 2023 anyway. There's another line of "Military" type figures and the guy doing it seems to like to trash talk, but some of his stuff looks cool. It's more of a mercenary type look going on with a lot of the stuff he's shown. It's cool and all, but he hasn't shown anything like the SWAT figures from Army Alphas.
Anyone that needs me off site or not a registered member here may email me at zombie13.customs@yahoo.com
Follow me on Instagram at zombie13.customs
zombie13
Smith

Postby Ideal » Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:50 am

zombie13 wrote: I'm not into the Marvel Inspired. I'm more for the SWAT guys and MAYBE some G.I. Joe type guys.

I thought it was odd this time around that the "Army" part of Army Alphas consisted of only a single military figure (you can kinda count Alpha, I guess). Im sure the Marvel themed figures helped push the KS through, but they were never going to be something I was interested in.

Do you have a link to the other military figures by any chance?
Ideal
Platinum Grunt

Postby zombie13 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:48 am

It's being called "Action Force." The Kickstarter hasn't started yet. This guy says he used to work for Hasbro. Here is the thread over on thefwoosh:

http://thefwoosh.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=91&t=98209

His website:

http://valaverse.com/

And here is the guy's Instagram link (he regularly updates this with new info):

https://www.instagram.com/thevalaverse/
Anyone that needs me off site or not a registered member here may email me at zombie13.customs@yahoo.com
Follow me on Instagram at zombie13.customs
zombie13
Smith

Postby Ideal » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:12 am

Yeah, his comments do make him come off as a bit of a d-bag. I think its possible he was trying to be edgy in the way he was trying to claim his stuff was better, and then it got the better of him.

Either way, his stuff looks cool, but nothing so far that strikes me as something i'm terribly interested in. We'll see what he offers when his KS actually goes up
Ideal
Platinum Grunt

Previous

Return to General Discussion