All New Customs/Mash-Ups Thread (v3)

Re: All New Customs/Mash-Ups Thread (v3)

Postby Gowron » Tue May 21, 2019 5:45 pm

Looks Great! I'll be getting a few of those. Any plans to offer fully painted versions?
Gowron
Silver Grunt

Postby zombie13 » Tue May 21, 2019 7:43 pm

I want to. I keep asking MAFC to send me some weapons so I can paint them and put them up on the site. I haven't gotten any to do that with yet. Only test prints of a few. There's some cool stuff coming up, but not even I know everything planed over there.
Anyone that needs me off site or not a registered member here may email me at zombie13.customs@yahoo.com
Follow me on Instagram at zombie13.customs
zombie13
Smith

Postby garyl » Tue May 21, 2019 8:51 pm

zombie13 wrote: There's some cool stuff coming up, but not even I know everything planed over there.

Do you know if the plan going forward is to put up a limited amount of items for preorder, each preorder lasting a couple weeks, as a way of maximizing time and the various processes involved, including shipping? It would make sense to me to do it that way ( except that a couple items have reached their preorder limit after only a couple days, which could disappoint potential customers; fortunately I got what I wanted-this time. )
garyl
Golden Grunt

Postby zombie13 » Wed May 22, 2019 10:10 am

So far, all the Pre-Orders have been pieces done by Chris Middlecamp ,aka "Hobby Lobby", of Von Kreep Customs. I have not been able to commit to doing a preorder yet because of the time frame. The pieces have to be printed by MAFC then mailed to whomever will do the work on them. Then the work gets done and mailed back to MAFC for purchasing and shipped out to the buyers. That's a lot of time mailing things back and forth. Maybe over the summer I will have more free time to do something like this, but for now, my pieces are still limited runs. I'm working with a couple of people in the MAFC circle to get my pieces produced in larger numbers so we can get more of them into the fans hands, but nothing concrete to announce at this time. Once I have confirmation on the success or failure of what we are trying, I will make a post about it so people will know one way or the other.

As far as I know, there should be more preorders coming up of some of the new pieces coming out. As to which ones and how long, I don't know. But MAFC wants to do more of them spread out in phases. It's not something that can be offered all the time right now and not for every piece on the store. I would expect stock to rotate, but some of the items that don't sell too well may never come back as "In Stock." So if you see something you like, best bet is to grab it while it's there. It's still in it's infancy right now and there are a lot of things we are all still trying to figure out. Once a little time passes, things will start to level out and we will all develop a rhythm and will be able to tell for sure how and when things can or can not happen.
Anyone that needs me off site or not a registered member here may email me at zombie13.customs@yahoo.com
Follow me on Instagram at zombie13.customs
zombie13
Smith

Postby garyl » Wed May 22, 2019 6:08 pm

zombie13 wrote:So far, all the Pre-Orders have been pieces done by Chris Middlecamp ,aka "Hobby Lobby", of Von Kreep Customs. I have not been able to commit to doing a preorder yet because of the time frame. The pieces have to be printed by MAFC then mailed to whomever will do the work on them. Then the work gets done and mailed back to MAFC for purchasing and shipped out to the buyers. That's a lot of time mailing things back and forth. Maybe over the summer I will have more free time to do something like this, but for now, my pieces are still limited runs. I'm working with a couple of people in the MAFC circle to get my pieces produced in larger numbers so we can get more of them into the fans hands, but nothing concrete to announce at this time. Once I have confirmation on the success or failure of what we are trying, I will make a post about it so people will know one way or the other.

As far as I know, there should be more preorders coming up of some of the new pieces coming out. As to which ones and how long, I don't know. But MAFC wants to do more of them spread out in phases. It's not something that can be offered all the time right now and not for every piece on the store. I would expect stock to rotate, but some of the items that don't sell too well may never come back as "In Stock." So if you see something you like, best bet is to grab it while it's there. It's still in it's infancy right now and there are a lot of things we are all still trying to figure out. Once a little time passes, things will start to level out and we will all develop a rhythm and will be able to tell for sure how and when things can or can not happen.

Thanks, Zombie.
garyl
Golden Grunt

Postby ReallyBigKid » Thu May 23, 2019 4:31 pm

Still working on my War Bishop. He’ll go with my rest of my Undead Hunters.

Bishop Black. Cleric of the Order of Light.

I’m a bit annoyed. I ran out of topcoat today. I have to wait a week before I can get anymore. The rest of his armour looks pretty much the same. He would benefit from a black cloak with a white Maltese Cross on it. I might look into that later on. In the meantime, I’m going to try to find a tiny Maltese cross to put on the other end of a Mythic Legions spear to make his Holy Staff/spear.

ReallyBigKid
Bronze Apprentice

Postby Darren » Thu May 23, 2019 7:32 pm

ReallyBigKid wrote:Still working on my War Bishop. He’ll go with my rest of my Undead Hunters.

Bishop Black. Cleric of the Order of Light.

I’m a bit annoyed. I ran out of topcoat today. I have to wait a week before I can get anymore. The rest of his armour looks pretty much the same. He would benefit from a black cloak with a white Maltese Cross on it. I might look into that later on. In the meantime, I’m going to try to find a tiny Maltese cross to put on the other end of a Mythic Legions spear to make his Holy Staff/spear.

That looks amazing. I can't wait to see your finished figure.
Darren
Platinum Grunt

Postby dragonsleeper » Thu May 23, 2019 9:14 pm

Just outstanding work, Maltese cross also indicate hospitallier, right?
dragonsleeper
Standard Grunt

Postby ReallyBigKid » Thu May 23, 2019 9:41 pm

dragonsleeper wrote:Just outstanding work, Maltese cross also indicate hospitallier, right?

Yeah. The look of the Hospitaller Knights is what I based my undead hunters on.

ReallyBigKid
Bronze Apprentice

Postby Naja » Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:37 am

Jungle Orc
“The tangled yet bountiful rainforest of the Southern Jungle is full of myriad creatures. Though bursting with life, this jungle require great skill and proper equipment to navigate successfully for the trees grow tall, metal rusts quickly, and sinister intentions abound. Jungle Orcs are but one of the races that inhabit these forests. Thought to be an ancient hybrid of goblins and orcs, the Jungle Orc’s cruelty excels both parent races. A branching network of roads, caves, and ancient temples allow the Jungle Orcs swift passage through the jungle. Sacrifice, ritual, and a thirst for carnage dominate these Orc’s lives”

I’ll be showcasing each Orc over the course of this week! First up is the Pack Leader! Unpainted head designed by Arlen Pelletier & William Robert Post Via myactionfigurecustoms.com. Unpainted cast feet by Zombie13.
More pics on my Instagram @NikkiNikole3704

Naja
Apprentice

Postby garyl » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:22 pm

Naja wrote:Jungle Orc
“The tangled yet bountiful rainforest of the Southern Jungle is full of myriad creatures. Though bursting with life, this jungle require great skill and proper equipment to navigate successfully for the trees grow tall, metal rusts quickly, and sinister intentions abound. Jungle Orcs are but one of the races that inhabit these forests. Thought to be an ancient hybrid of goblins and orcs, the Jungle Orc’s cruelty excels both parent races. A branching network of roads, caves, and ancient temples allow the Jungle Orcs swift passage through the jungle. Sacrifice, ritual, and a thirst for carnage dominate these Orc’s lives”

I’ll be showcasing each Orc over the course of this week! First up is the Pack Leader! Unpainted head designed by Arlen Pelletier & William Robert Post Via myactionfigurecustoms.com. Unpainted cast feet by Zombie13.
More pics on my Instagram @NikkiNikole3704

I bought that same head and a bunch of zombie13 cat feet as well. I was having second thoughts about the head but it looks great painted up. Cowarros really does lend himself to being a jungle orc.
garyl
Golden Grunt

Postby Havoc » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:58 am

I should have bought one of those heads. Great job Naja on the jungle orcs. The leader's eyes are fantastic - I can't get one color paint on a figures eyeball without spill over, let alone 3 colors that you managed.
Havoc
Silver Grunt

Postby Visionary » Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:34 am

A whole new level of awesome Naj!!! I love it!
If you look real close,you can see my avatar is laughing at you.
Visionary
Goldsmith

Postby Naja » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:17 pm

Thanks everyone!
Here are closeup shots of the Trophy Hunter of this group. This head was a purchase of an unpainted cast off eBay. Feet from Zombie13.

Naja
Apprentice

Postby Naja » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:32 am

Jungle Orc Foot Soldiers-
These custom orcs use unpainted 3D printed heads designed by Arlen Pelletier & William Robert Post via myactionfigurecustoms.com.
These pieces were so fun to paint as the detailing on these were sculpted in a way that paint takes to it with ease. More pics on my Instagram: @NikkiNikole3704

Naja
Apprentice

PreviousNext

Return to Mythic Legions Kickstarter & Fantastic Exclusive