Epic Failure Sales Day

The place to discuss all things Four Horsemen!

Epic Failure Sales Day

Postby Jbyrdd01 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:30 am

Yet again the 4H dropped the ball with another failure with their Day of Sales. A total site crash, missing characters and items selling out during the site crash. Yet Megaflopulous will be handling shipping. Oh boy, this makes it all better... NOT !!
Why does this happen time after time after time ?!?
This is one of the reasons many left MattyCollector & said goodbye to Masters of the Universe Classics.
So where do we go from here ?? Oh i know, there's a new preorder coming & time to collect your money since you couldn't get anything from the sales. This business practice has not changed, even though it should have after the first time it happened. Their solution, limit of 2 of the same figure per person per order. Yay, site crashing solved...
https://www.facebook.com/groups/965475770216971/
Mythic Legions Collectors Group
Jbyrdd01

Re: Epic Failure Sales Day

Postby Ideal » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:35 am

If your hobby causes you this much undue stress and pain, perhaps you should consider finding a different hobby.

And that's not me trying to be funny or come at you in any way, I'm serious. A hobby should be fun. If it isn't fun for you, or is causing you stress, then maybe it is no longer the hobby for you.
Last edited by Ideal on Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ideal
Platinum Grunt

Postby crazybirdman » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:36 am

I left Mattycollector for completely different reasons. And day of sales are always iffy, whether it's the horseman or something else.
crazybirdman
Silver Grunt

Postby Jbyrdd01 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:10 am

Ideal wrote:If your hobby causes you this much undue stress and pain, perhaps you should consider finding a different hobby.

And that's not me trying to be funny or come at you in any way, I'm serious. A hobby should be fun. If it isn't fun for you, or is causing you stress, then maybe it is no longer the hobby for you.

That's the answer you can came up with ?
Apparently you did not read it, who's stressed ?
It's called disaster, disappointment & just about fed up with them.
Jbyrdd01

Postby Jbyrdd01 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:12 am

crazybirdman wrote:I left Mattycollector for completely different reasons. And day of sales are always iffy, whether it's the horseman or something else.

That's exactly why I left Matty disaster. Yet their site works perfectly fine for preorders & their G Con doesn't it ?
Jbyrdd01

Postby crazybirdman » Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:08 pm

pre-orders aren't one mass of people all trying to get their order in at a set time. Can be toys, can be tickets, doesn't matter.
crazybirdman
Silver Grunt

Postby domu » Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:49 pm

And G-Con had it's share of hiccups, too.

Jbyrdd, you really should consider another hobby. Maybe something not on the internet, since you don't seem to understand how it works. At all.

By the way, just to present another view, the sale went perfectly fine for me. Got all the figures I was looking to get without any issues beyond being slow, including Templars and Pixxus. I wouldn't consider myself especially lucky. Maybe you're just really unlucky?
Buying Test Shots. Looking for: Bolthor, B'alam & Snagg
domu
Bronze Apprentice

Postby garyl » Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:01 am

I'm just here to defend the purchase limit of 2 of each figure per person since I suggested this type of limit as one of two options that would help more people get more figures a few sales back. I think it made a big difference.
garyl
Golden Grunt

Postby JamesLynch » Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:12 pm

Jbyrdd01 wrote:Yet Megaflopulous will be handling shipping. Oh boy, this makes it all better... NOT !!

I've seen a couple of people complain about Megalopolis handling shipping going forward. I take it they don't have a good reputation? What in particular is wrong with them? I've had no experiences with them at all.
JamesLynch
Silver Apprentice

Postby domu » Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:22 pm

JamesLynch wrote:[
I've seen a couple of people complain about Megalopolis handling shipping going forward. I take it they don't have a good reputation? What in particular is wrong with them? I've had no experiences with them at all.

I think there's a lot of complaining just to complain...
Buying Test Shots. Looking for: Bolthor, B'alam & Snagg
domu
Bronze Apprentice

Postby DennyCrane » Sat Jul 27, 2019 1:20 pm

Megalopolis suffers from one of the same big problems that has plagued the Horsemen--namely email silence. I've never had an issue with shipping from the 4H--always received fairly prompt notices and all packed well (if simply). And of course the product itself is top notch. It's actually getting someone's attention there long enough to be heard, that's the pickle.
Shop DC Collectibles for Pop Culture Entertainment -
Hot Toys, Action Figures, Game & Hobby, Comic Book, Retro / Vintage & More!
http://DCCollect.com • Daily Specials • #24Tuesday • Org member discount • More!
Trading: dccollectibles@live.com
DennyCrane
Bronze Grunt

Return to General Discussion