Extra Heads or Extra Hands?

Extra Heads or Extra Hands?

Postby zombie13 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:02 pm

With the new Arethyr wave coming and the addition of the hands and feet packs, which do you personally find yourself wishing more for? Those extra heads the 4H like to pack in or would you rather them give us extra hands instead?

Personally, I have enough of the same old heads we've seen since wave one. I think I would prefer extra hands instead of an alternate head. They have the potential to be much more versatile in my opinion. I get that an alternate head can make one figure into two figures causing you to want to buy more than one of any particular figure that comes with two (or more) heads (I'm looking at you B'alam). But how much difference in cost would it be, comparatively, would extra hands instead of heads? Now I'm not asking for the entire set of hands that you can get from the sets you can now buy, but one or two extra sets of hands would be nice.
Anyone that needs me off site or not a registered member here may email me at zombie13.customs@yahoo.com
Follow me on Instagram at zombie13.customs
zombie13
Smith

Re: Extra Heads or Extra Hands?

Postby Cythagen » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:12 pm

I totally get the appeal of extra hands, but I much prefer heads. The unveiling of alternate mugs has gotten me to purchase not only multiples of some figures, but has turned others from easy passes into instant must-haves. Extra hands won't make me pull the trigger on a figure whose initial reveal leaves me cold.
Cythagen
Bronze Grunt

Postby domu » Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:01 pm

I'd prefer hands over heads.

I don't think that's a popular opinion, so how about hands over wing adapters? They take up about the same amount of plastic, I'd guess.
Buying Test Shots. Looking for: Bolthor, B'alam & Snagg
domu
Bronze Apprentice

Postby Visionary » Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:33 pm

I’d rather both and less wing adapters.

Funny I was thinking about this today and hoping Arethyr gets an extra head since I hate the gauges so much.
If you look real close,you can see my avatar is laughing at you.
Visionary
Goldsmith

Postby Angohtar » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:08 am

New hands are nice, but I much prefer extra heads. An extra set of hands isn't going to allow me to make a new character like a spare head can. Though I must admit, some heads have been overused at this point.

Regarding the wing adapters, I think it makes more sense to include them with the wings themselves, rather than with every figure. If the adapters packed with each figure were removed and replaced with a set of extra hands, I think that would be the best option.
Angohtar
Bronze Grunt

Postby Havoc » Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:19 pm

Today I would say hands only because I don't have any, but they would get old very quick and would not have the same impact as the heads. The heads can lead to a second purchase of a figure. And I agree that wing adaptors should just come with the wings as that is the only purpose they serve at this time.
Havoc
Silver Grunt

Postby Hellion » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:46 pm

I’m in 100% agreement about hands replacing wing adapters, honestly the adapters should be included with a set of wings. Certainly not every figure requires wing adapters whereas hands can be used with all figures, besides you only need as many adapters as you have wings which tend to be a pretty specific purchase, it’s not like I’m rolling around in extra wings like I am with adapters.
Hellion
Silver Grunt

Postby bigbeltz » Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:40 am

Hands. Hands. Hands.

A good set of posing hands makes a figure much more versatile. I also wish the wrist pegs moved "up and down" rather than "in and out". It would give us so much more useful pose-ability, allowing for things like somebody pointing a sword straight out towards their enemy, etc.
bigbeltz

Postby Havoc » Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:28 am

Hopefully, when they put legion builders in the store on a permeant basis, they will include the hand packs and eventually other accessories like wings and weapons packs.
Havoc
Silver Grunt

Postby Jundie » Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:46 pm

bigbeltz wrote:Hands. Hands. Hands.

A good set of posing hands makes a figure much more versatile. I also wish the wrist pegs moved "up and down" rather than "in and out". It would give us so much more useful pose-ability, allowing for things like somebody pointing a sword straight out towards their enemy, etc.

One of the new sets of hands does move up and down. They did not seem to bring it much attention at G-Con. But if you go look at the hand pack 2 sets look almost identical. That is why. One set moves in and out and the other moves up and down.
Feel free to email me: wrpost@gmail.com
Jundie

Postby Ashtalon » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:52 pm

Up/down hands are a welcome addition.

Regarding hands vs heads, I'd go with heads. As Havoc states, an additional head for a figure can lead me to buying a 2nd or even 3rd of the same figure. Extra hands will never cause me to buy an additional figure.

An extra pair of hands instead of a wing adapter? Oh yeah. I have a pile of wing adapters I'll never use. They shouldn't come with any future figures and should only come with the wings themselves. I think there are enough wing adapters out there with the public to cover any older sets of wings/figure combos.
Ashtalon
Bronze Grunt

Postby worldwar_hulk » Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:25 am

Extra heads for me.

Don't get me wrong, I dig the hands a lot. And I know it sounds kind of crazy, but I'd drop the chest strap with every character, the extra wing adapters with every character, and hell... I'd even give up an additional weapon per figure in order to gain extra hands & feet instead.

At this point we've got so many extras of many of those things, it's no longer necessary for EVERY figure to come with all of that same old stuff. I find that a lot of my figures are coming with too much stuff to be able to carry it all at once anyways. Time to swap some things out for hands & feet.
worldwar_hulk
Silver Grunt

Postby beast guy » Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:27 pm

Hands or heads depends on the character for me. Obviously skeletons are heads. Fully armored characters, such as dwarfs and knights, are also fall into the extra head category. While barbarians, orcs, and the like and fall into the extra hands zone.
beast guy
Platinum Grunt

Postby zombie13 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:02 pm

I FULLY AGREE ABOUT THE WING ADAPTORS. I can see your points about extra heads and the point made about the wing adaptors needing to come with the wings at this point and NOT EVERY FIGURE. So cut out the wing adaptors and toss in a couple of hands Horsemen! You know it's a good idea. ;)
Anyone that needs me off site or not a registered member here may email me at zombie13.customs@yahoo.com
Follow me on Instagram at zombie13.customs
zombie13
Smith

Return to Mythic Legions Kickstarter & Fantastic Exclusive