Complimentary figures to Mythic Legions?

Re: Complimentary figures to Mythic Legions?

Postby Havoc » Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:07 am

Love those indoraptors as mounts. Perfect for orcs. I bought a breyer saddle for an elk I have for when we get our elves. A while ago I touted the breyer elk for elves and the bighorn ram for dwarfs. I think the elk is going to work out well but the ram is almost as tall as the elk and is very wide - too big to look right and too wide to ride easily. I still need to find or make a bridle.
Havoc
Silver Grunt

Postby mignash » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:11 am

Does anyone here make any Mythic Legions items on Shapeways? I was just practicing 3d modeling and tired using the sword from my Silver Knight as a model. I think it's called Sword 9 in the last Kickstarter campaign. It looks fine I guess, not sure what it will print like.

https://www.shapeways.com/product/VYURH ... d=65724707

mignash
Silver Grunt

Postby zombie13 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:32 pm

There are a couple of people here that have started making 3D prints for Mythic Legions here, but none have copied a sword like you have done. It's more original stuff. I've been paints quite a bit of weapons and shields for Mythic Legions scaled stuff, so there's a lot out there.
Anyone that needs me off site or not a registered member here may email me at zombie13.customs@yahoo.com
zombie13
Platinum Apprentice

Postby Visionary » Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:33 pm

zombie13 wrote:
Visionary wrote:Well I'm going again on Wednesday so if you want anything let me know ill check zom.

I appreciate the offer Vis, but I’m going to have to decline. I’ve got quite a bit on my plate right now with commission work and all the molding and casting that needs to be done still. But I’d be interested to see if you or anyone else makes those magic effects you mentioned using that stuff.

Ya,I'm going to play with the 3D pen this week so I'll post a pic or 2.

So far it comes with a black light which is always fun.
If you look real close,you can see my avatar is laughing at you.
Visionary
Goldsmith

Postby Izdawiz » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:23 am

Visionary wrote:Does anyone have any experience or knowledge of these 3D pens?

I decided to grab one at TRU to see if it's something that can generate magic effects for spells or weapons.

I bet you talented customizers out there could put these to good use somehow. They are at 50% off at TRU now.

To me this looks like one of those things that gets one imagining all sorts of possibilities, but in the end, ends up looking like something a kindergardener would make. :D Can't wait to see how this comes out. (I'm guessing those things on the box probably took a world class sculptor weeks to make and they still look like crap.) :D :lol:
Izdawiz
Bronzesmith

Postby Visionary » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:35 am

Ya but spell effects don't have to look like anything but hard light magic effects. So flames or random shapes should do the trick.

I just hope they are translucent.
Visionary
Goldsmith

Postby SD-2 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:44 am

Izdawiz wrote:

Hey, Iz…
This was a great idea! I had two of the ’Wallys’ “Lizard” figs. You’re so right about the paint matching up! Wow!

I just used the first ball joint and rotored it into a shape that would fit the new Lizard head. I wanted to keep the extra length of neck… it just looks more “Raptory” to me.

So a little silicone, some liquid plastic, gravel and paint and Voilà

I have to admit that I like that little slit before the neck. It holds weapons strikes like arrows and spears really well. and they really look good w/MLs! C'mon FH... hook us up. These are army builders if I ever saw them!

These are the figures I’ve always wanted. I’d still love to see some of these from the FH. Well, these and cat warriors!

And these makeshift figs are much better than the original design! Thanks again 'Iz!
SD-2
Standard Grunt

Postby Visionary » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:24 am

Nice pic SD! The figure looks great but it seems to be missing something maybe a small loin cloth piece for his waist.
Visionary
Goldsmith

Postby Visionary » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:29 am

Izdawiz wrote:
Visionary wrote:Does anyone have any experience or knowledge of these 3D pens?

I decided to grab one at TRU to see if it's something that can generate magic effects for spells or weapons.

I bet you talented customizers out there could put these to good use somehow. They are at 50% off at TRU now.

To me this looks like one of those things that gets one imagining all sorts of possibilities, but in the end, ends up looking like something a kindergardener would make. :D Can't wait to see how this comes out. (I'm guessing those things on the box probably took a world class sculptor weeks to make and they still look like crap.) :D :lol:

Ok so here's a quick first run. Just what I bought this for so far. Simple magic effects like a spell or flame.The green looks like a style of necroplasmic magic which I love.

One minor drawback is patience for the materials to dry with the black light.Takes a minute or two but sometimes more. These supposedly change color in cold water but I'll wait for that later.Might get more at 90% off. We'll see.

Visionary
Goldsmith

Postby Izdawiz » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:41 pm

The good news is that those look waaaay better than anything I could do.

The bad news is that they still don't look that good. :D

Maybe they could work for an elementary-school-aged Magic-Booger-Powered Mystic or something? :P
Izdawiz
Bronzesmith

Postby Visionary » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:55 pm

:( 8-) :lol:
Visionary
Goldsmith

Postby Izdawiz » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:33 pm

SD-2 wrote:

And these makeshift figs are much better than the original design! Thanks again 'Iz!

What do these have going on around their necks?
Izdawiz
Bronzesmith

Postby Tiffany » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:19 pm

Just received a Pope Francis Action Figure 6” scale by FCTRY. The head and face are a great sculpt of current Pope Francis. I believe he gave his permission, for this figure to be made, after reading about it on different sites. Shop around. My Cost was only $10.95. The figure has 7 points of Articulation (head, shoulders, elbows, and a joint where hands join arm, which is somehow not a wrist joint). The figure stands well, as everything else in a single piece. Really nice aesthetics and look. The back of the box states that Pope Francis is the 266TH Pope of the Catholic Church, We are all one human family, and We each have a duty to do good. Then the back of the box shows the Red Cross often seen on He-Man’s 1983 chest Harness.

Just Google 6” Pope Francis action figure and you can see images.
Amazon had this figure listed at $14.95

Okay, so to whomever knows the answer. What is the connection between He-man’s 1983 harness symbol and the Pope?

My Templar Knights now have their King in my ML Chess Set.
Tiffany
Silver Grunt

Postby zombie13 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:57 pm

He-man was the father to the first Pop and that's the family symbol? I think they ultimately thought it looked cool on He-man so they just went with it. I'm sure there's more you could read into it like the cross stands for good and an evil skull-faced guy is, well, evil. So there's the good vs Evil thing. I'm sure there's hundreds of speculative reasons for the things they used as symbols for MOTU. It's also the original Templar symbol. So was He-Man a Templar in another realm? I'm kidding of course.
Anyone that needs me off site or not a registered member here may email me at zombie13.customs@yahoo.com
zombie13
Platinum Apprentice

Postby Izdawiz » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:31 pm

Kratos God of War Video Review

Izdawiz
Bronzesmith

PreviousNext

Return to Mythic Legions Kickstarter & Fantastic Exclusive