Complimentary figures to Mythic Legions?

Re: Complimentary figures to Mythic Legions?

Postby Visionary » Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:33 pm

SalemCrow wrote:
Visionary wrote:As long as she has neck,shoulder,elbow,hip,knee,and ankle joints after that is extra to me. I’d want to put her on a flying dragon mount or horse.

Hope her ass survives to the final product as well.

I wouldn't count on that level of articulation. Based on the renders for her and their Bill & Ted figures, the look like they are designed for swivel shoulders and T crotch hips. I'd love to be proven wrong, but the sculpts would be too cut up with ball joints in those areas.

T crotch could still work for horses or dragons so it’s cool.Wish they weren’t so hung up on the 5” inch scale though but from what I’ve seen they are infatuated with pre Marvel Legends style 90s Marvel Toy Biz figures.Yuck!

Fingers crossed.
If you look real close,you can see my avatar is laughing at you.
Visionary
Goldsmith

Postby Visionary » Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:51 am

Visionary
Goldsmith

Postby Havoc » Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:26 am

I'd like to have one but $3,000 on sale is a bit overwhelming.
Havoc
Silver Grunt

Postby SalemCrow » Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:36 am

I don't buy the scale of that thing. The woman looks like she's Photoshopped next to it. The description says simple assembly required, but I am seeing nothing that says that dragon was assembled. It looks like the drawing for the product, not a physical object.

Also, if I'm going to pay 3 grand for a dragon that size, it also needs to look better than that.
SalemCrow
Silver Grunt

Postby SD-2 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:03 pm

Visionary wrote:Amazing detail.I’ll bite at $30 but damn $30!?!?!

Imageamerica atm near me

Wow… I really like that character from Heavy Metal. But it does raise a question with me…
Why do companies make their figs in scales other than 4 or 6 inch :?:

Now, I’m not really talking about 12 inch scale, mainly because those tend to pretty pricey, high end pieces.

But it seems like it would be a no-brainer to make figs compatible with other lines... right :?:

Now, I’ve read where people say that they what a line to be “its own thing.” But, would those people not buy the line simply because it’s compatible with another line :?: But, how many more people would buy a line just because they could pose/play with both lines in scale :?:

I was so disappointed that the DC 3 ½ inch figs didn’t match up with height and ‘artie with Marvel’s.

Heck… I wish they’d make every fig in the same costume in both 4 inch AND 6 inch scale :!: But I understand that not everyone’s using the figs to tell stories…
4 inch...

6 inch...

And yeah I know that Leonidas and Boss fight are smaller, but they're both pretty much equally smaller than the 4 or 6 inch (and the skeletons) :!: And that dragon is so ‘kewl! But see how smaller scale figs. Would help out with that sort of thing :!:

I really would have loved a 4 inch He-Man box set! But oh well…
SD-2
Bronze Grunt

Postby JamesLynch » Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:33 pm

SD-2 wrote:Wow… I really like that character from Heavy Metal. But it does raise a question with me…

Now, I’m not really talking about 12 inch scale, mainly because those tend to pretty pricey, high end pieces.

But it seems like it would be a no-brainer to make figs compatible with other lines... right :?:

Now, I’ve read where people say that they what a line to be “its own thing.” But, would those people not buy the line simply because it’s compatible with another line :?: But, how many more people would buy a line just because they could pose/play with both lines in scale :?:

I was so disappointed that the DC 3 ½ inch figs didn’t match up with height and ‘artie with Marvel’s.

Most companies (with rare exception) intentionally don't make their figures the same scale as one another. I guess there's an idea that they want customers to buy their figures and not pad out their collections with "those other things." That's why you get some really weird crap like NECA and McFarlane's 7" scales (which don't quite match each other, or sometimes even different lines within the same company), or DCC's 6.75" line. And even when lines are ostensibly in the same scale, they don't really quite match. Look at a comic-based Marvel Legend or DCUC figure next to one of their own figures from a TV/film, or a DC Icon figure. All are purportedly done in 1:12, but they don't match scale at all.

Anyway, as I think someone pointed out, the makers of the Heavy Metal figure are clearly going for early Toy Biz era nostalgia, which were a 5" scale. A lot of figures in the 80's and 90's were. For a while now we've been getting a lot of 1:18 figures (some even done in an undetailed, limited-articulation style to mimic old Kenner toys) because a lot of today's collectors grew up on GI Joe RAH and Star Wars (there have been plenty of Mego inspired figures and some clearly meant to evoke MOTU). Now I guess we've gotten old enough where the people who grew up on 90's Toy Biz, Hasbro, and Kenner are influencing the nostalgia trends.
JamesLynch
Silver Apprentice

Postby Izdawiz » Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:37 pm

JamesLynch wrote:
SD-2 wrote:Wow… I really like that character from Heavy Metal. But it does raise a question with me…

Most companies (with rare exception) intentionally don't make their figures the same scale as one another. I guess there's an idea that they want customers to buy their figures and not pad out their collections with "those other things." That's why you get some really weird crap like NECA and McFarlane's 7" scales (which don't quite match each other, or sometimes even different lines within the same company), or DCC's 6.75" line. And even when lines are ostensibly in the same scale, they don't really quite match. Look at a comic-based Marvel Legend or DCUC figure next to one of their own figures from a TV/film, or a DC Icon figure. All are purportedly done in 1:12, but they don't match scale at all.

Anyway, as I think someone pointed out, the makers of the Heavy Metal figure are clearly going for early Toy Biz era nostalgia, which were a 5" scale. A lot of figures in the 80's and 90's were. For a while now we've been getting a lot of 1:18 figures (some even done in an undetailed, limited-articulation style to mimic old Kenner toys) because a lot of today's collectors grew up on GI Joe RAH and Star Wars (there have been plenty of Mego inspired figures and some clearly meant to evoke MOTU). Now I guess we've gotten old enough where the people who grew up on 90's Toy Biz, Hasbro, and Kenner are influencing the nostalgia trends.

Just got the new McFarlane Game of Thrones Night King. He's gonna be a little Napolean next to the funko Night Walkers.
Izdawiz
Bronzesmith

Postby Izdawiz » Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:16 pm

Izdawiz
Bronzesmith

Postby JamesLynch » Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:51 pm

Izdawiz wrote:Just got the new McFarlane Game of Thrones Night King. He's gonna be a little Napolean next to the funko Night Walkers.

And Daenerys is a giant.

There doesn't seem to be much of an internal scale within the line itself, even. Daenerys should be around the same height as Arya (Emilia Clarke is 5'2", Maisie Williams in 5'1"), and instead is closer to Jon Snow. Who isn't a huge guy himself, but both Jon Snow and Daenerys are much taller than Arya, and both are too close to the height of the Night King.
JamesLynch
Silver Apprentice

Postby Visionary » Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:55 pm

Speaking of giants,this bad boy is 32” and cost as much as a cheap car.

https://news.toyark.com/2019/04/23/bers ... dio-343216

Visionary
Goldsmith

Postby Izdawiz » Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:10 pm

Reviewing Pale Man and his throne and checking out how compatible they are with Mythic Legions.

Izdawiz
Bronzesmith

Postby Izdawiz » Mon May 06, 2019 5:19 pm

Just picked up the Stranger Things deluxe Demogorgon sale on clearance at Target for 19.99.
Izdawiz
Bronzesmith

Postby SalemCrow » Mon May 06, 2019 9:52 pm

This guy is a BEAST of a figure. Saw him at a local GS today.

Available at the Pulse site, or at GameStop.
https://hasbropulse.com/collections/ove ... -character
SalemCrow
Silver Grunt

Postby Ideal » Tue May 07, 2019 6:07 am

I've seen a couple of the Overwatch figure 2 packs at Target, but I've never played the game and don't have any particular ties to the characters. They didn't have the big guy when I was there, but it looked like a new addition to the 2nd action figure aisle (not the main aisle with Transformers and Marvel stuff). I'll keep on the lookout for more of them though. While I don't necessarily think they fit with ML that well, I think they will fit in with a lot of other stuff I have.
Ideal
Platinum Grunt

Postby SalemCrow » Tue May 07, 2019 1:31 pm

Ideal wrote:I've seen a couple of the Overwatch figure 2 packs at Target, but I've never played the game and don't have any particular ties to the characters. They didn't have the big guy when I was there, but it looked like a new addition to the 2nd action figure aisle (not the main aisle with Transformers and Marvel stuff). I'll keep on the lookout for more of them though. While I don't necessarily think they fit with ML that well, I think they will fit in with a lot of other stuff I have.

The figure I posted isn't available anywhere but Gamestop and Hasbro Pulse. All of the others (2 packs and singles) are available at most other stores.
SalemCrow
Silver Grunt

PreviousNext

Return to Mythic Legions Kickstarter & Fantastic Exclusive