Is Myria Goldenbranch Half Elf and Half Orc?

Re: Is Myria Goldenbranch Half Elf and Half Orc?

Postby mignash » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:30 am

jscott991 wrote:I still don't get how you greenlight (pun intended) a green skinned figure with green armor. I wanted to like a female elf figure, but her color scheme is just weird (and let's not even talk about the red hair).

DC Poison Ivy homage? Would that make Baron Volligar into Batman?

mignash
Silver Grunt

Postby jscott991 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:49 am

If they wanted to do a Poison Ivy homage, they should have skipped the green skinned version. :)

I just don't get how you put green armor on a green skinned figure. It's just washed out.
jscott991
Bronze Grunt

Postby Ziero01 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:58 pm

She's a "Whisperling" a reclusive subrace of Elves who are proficient in nature based magics and the like. She's more or less a Forest Elf, rare but not uncommon. The only half-orcs we've seen so far are the Female Barbarian builders. Personally, I would love to see a male Half-Orc, preferably either as a good guy or a member of the Sons of the Red Star.

As for Myria herself, I picked her up during the backerkit, but it was mainly because I liked her face sculpt. The slight grin she has makes her look a bit mischievous and arrogant, very fitting for a reclusive race of forest magic using elves. That said, I do agree her green on green is a bit much. Perhaps a more copperish armor, similar to her pauldrons would have looked a lot more striking.

In hindsight, I'm sure her head will see a reuse in a more "normal" elvish skin color, but I think the green skin makes gives her more of a mystical feel so she can play the part of Dryad or some such creature.
Ziero01
Platinum Grunt

Postby jscott991 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:04 pm

It's an excellent face sculpt. I hope we will see it again on a female elf legion builder.
jscott991
Bronze Grunt

Postby Ziero01 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:30 pm

I doubt they'd use it for a Legion Builder, I don't think any Legion Builder has used a fully uncovered head yet. There's just too much paint work needed on an uncovered head for the Legion Builder price-point. If we did get a female Elf Legion Builder, it would probably use the full face masked head the males come with or the full helmet Ragna has with the eagle wing adornments or something.
Ziero01
Platinum Grunt

Postby zombie13 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:16 pm

Looks like there have been some changes to her head since that first picture was taken. Look at the picture above and then look at this one. Notice the nose? It's different.

Anyone that needs me off site or not a registered member here may email me at zombie13.customs@yahoo.com
zombie13
Platinum Apprentice

Postby jscott991 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:17 pm

Doesn't it look like that one just has a little damage around the nose?
jscott991
Bronze Grunt

Postby zombie13 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:19 pm

I don't know it that's damage or if it was intentional. I kind of like the way it looks though.
Anyone that needs me off site or not a registered member here may email me at zombie13.customs@yahoo.com
zombie13
Platinum Apprentice

Postby jscott991 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:21 pm

You might be right. To me, I think it looks like there is a bit of a pinprick of damage, similar to what's on the neck and the bottom of the ear (which seems misshapen).

That would be a strange looking nostril otherwise. I haven't seen any other pictures that show her like this, but I don't remember what her store pictures looked like.
jscott991
Bronze Grunt

Postby zombie13 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:15 am

I don’t know, this looks intentional to me. I deal with mold deformations all the time and this doesn’t seem like that’s what this is. My molds are made of latex and can be deformed easily, were as these are made of steel. I guess we’ll just have to wait to find out. I feel like the way the nose looks in the picture I posted helps her look less like a green human with pointy ears. Just something a little different to make her look like a mythical being.
zombie13
Platinum Apprentice

Previous

Return to Mythic Legions Kickstarter & Fantastic Exclusive