Kickstarter Update 91: TWO NEW MYTHIC LEGIONS BIOS REVEALED!

Re: Kickstarter Update 91: TWO NEW MYTHIC LEGIONS BIOS REVEA

Postby Izdawiz » Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:52 pm

Or perhaps the family of Vernon Ferdinand Dahmer, a wealthy white businessman, who offered to pay poll taxes for those who couldn’t afford the fee required to vote. The night after a radio station broadcasted Dahmer’s offer, his home was firebombed. Dahmer died later from severe burns.

Does BAT need any more real world examples? Because there are many more...
Izdawiz
Bronzesmith

Postby Izdawiz » Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:55 pm

Anyway, I like Gadriel's Bio. While others may scoff, it makes her a much cooler character in my eyes.

:D
Izdawiz
Bronzesmith

Postby BAT » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:37 pm

You've proven - ... well, I'm not sure what you've proven. But I commend your enthusiasm, and, as stated, great that you like the bio.
BAT
Bronze Grunt

Postby Izdawiz » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:27 pm

Cirrusly? :D

BAT wrote:You've proven - ... well, I'm not sure what you've proven. But I commend your enthusiasm, and, as stated, great that you like the bio.

I've proven (through examples) that the following statement is misguided:

BAT wrote: Provide a few examples then. I maintain there is no evidence that this was a trend of any significance. White racists lynched black victims; they didn't lynch white people who protested lynchings.

And that there is plenty of evidence that white people have been targeted, exiled, black-balled, killed and otherwise tormented for caring too much about people that the hierarchy deemed to be lesser.

----------------

I will however concede that the bio may be a tiny bit funny when energetically parsed by an internet smart-ass . So one point for you. :D
Izdawiz
Bronzesmith

Postby BAT » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:11 pm

And a half point to you. Anecdotal evidence from a lazy google search doesn't amount to a "trend of any significance," which, at any rate, still has nothing to do with my initial jest about the bio. I'm glad you like the bio. Maybe move on now, man.
BAT
Bronze Grunt

Postby Izdawiz » Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:11 am

Only BAT gets to decide what a "trend of any significance" is. Got it.

Moving on... :D
Izdawiz
Bronzesmith

Postby mignash » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:04 pm

BAT wrote:
crazybirdman wrote:haha, "Devastating force for peace". Love that bio, but now there's a whole new area of Mythos I need more info about.

No offense to the bio author, but I also laughed at "banned for being too determined to protect the people at all costs." Was there something specific she did, or was she banned for excessive determination? Her crime is that she cared too much.

I just read it as her being kicked out for wanting people from her city to join the war.

--

Gadriel: "The Angels of Curris must join the fight against the ancient dark forces. We must join with the armies of light!"

Councilman from Cirrus: "Get out of here and join one if you think it's so important to go to war! I hear the order of Eathyron worships people with wings. Go join them!"

--

Plus it sound like an Angel getting kicked out of heaven for meddling in earthly affairs of man, which is sorta neat.

It also explains why she's the only Angel in the story so far. Later on when we see more Angels, they can say the people of Cirrus decided she's right and joined her.

BTW - The other way you could read this is that Gadriel is the Jar Jar Binks of the Angels. They sent her off to fight with the Order to get rid of her bumbling nonsense.

mignash
Silver Grunt

Previous

Return to Mythic Legions Kickstarter & Fantastic Exclusive