All New Customs/Mash-Ups Thread (v3)

Re: All New Customs/Mash-Ups Thread (v3)

Postby Naja » Mon May 14, 2018 11:12 am

Hi All- with the exciting announcement that new orcs are on their way, I immediately wanted to diversify their ranks and flesh out what makes them different. I went ahead and wrote a bio, which explains why they are red. This will tide me over until we get the official bio from 4HM, which I'm sure will be great. I made 3 warriors and a Shaman. Enjoy!

Fury Clan Orc
Though most of the inhabitants of Mythoss believe Orcs to be mindless brutes, nothing could be further from the truth. From a very early age, Fury Clan Orcs of the Craggy Wastelands subject themselves to ceaseless trials and never ending battle-stress. Though many perish during these trials, those that are able to persist become accustomed to the constant levels of rage-eliciting adrenaline coursing through their bodies. They then learn to harness their fury into something that can be suppressed and unleashed at-will and under their complete control. Upon being able to achieve this state of discipline, they are considered “Turned”, and able to rise up in the ranks of warriors and shaman of the Fury Clan. Turned Fury Clan Orcs are renowned for their superior intellect and battle prowess under the harshest conditions as they possess a clarity of consciousness and ferocity that is unmatched by other Orc Clans. These abilities however, do not come without a price. Orcs of the Fury Clan are easily recognized by their red skin and gray hair. These along with a shortened lifespan, are physical consequences of the great emotional and environmental stress which they endure until their Turning. Further distinguishing the Fury Clan from other Orc clans are certain cultural practices, some of which include various body adornments and how they wear their hair and beards. Rather than shaving their heads and faces out of convenience like their green-skinned relatives, Orcs of the Fury Clan choose to display their gray hair as a mark of their achievement of Turning. Further, Fury Clan Orcs often adorn their bodies with black tattoos or inscribe their weapons with runic symbols that tell stories of specific battles and achievements that lead to their Turning. Elusive rumors of ‘Red Orcs’ occasionally surface in dark taverns and merchant squares, but are typically dismissed as nonsense for very few have encountered Orcs of the Fury Clan and lived to tell about it…..

Naja
Platinum Grunt

Postby Jeremy Girard » Mon May 14, 2018 12:04 pm

Wow! Your Fury Clan is damn strong already! You've been really busy!
Check all of my Mythic Legions customs at www.pumpkin-king.com/mythic
Jeremy Girard
Platinum Grunt

Postby Visionary » Mon May 14, 2018 12:25 pm

Amazeballs Naja!
If you look real close,you can see my avatar is laughing at you.
Visionary
Goldsmith

Postby Jeremy Girard » Tue May 15, 2018 5:22 am

Another pic of my Stygian Barbarian (there are more on the previous page, as well as at http://www.pumpkin-king.com/mythic/cust ... an-stygian)

Check all of my Mythic Legions customs at www.pumpkin-king.com/mythic
Jeremy Girard
Platinum Grunt

Postby ReallyBigKid » Wed May 16, 2018 8:41 pm

Hey all. Sneak Peek of a work in Progress. This used to be one of those black Coliseum Legion Building knights.
Almost done. Since this pic was taken, I’m managed to dullcoat the figure. Just his plume and weapons go. I still have five other black knights to customize. I’ve begun work on their helmets already … ;)
ReallyBigKid
Bronze Apprentice

Postby Darren » Wed May 16, 2018 10:28 pm

ReallyBigKid wrote:Hey all. Sneak Peek of a work in Progress. This used to be one of those black Coliseum Legion Building knights.
Almost done. Since this pic was taken, I’m managed to dullcoat the figure. Just his plume and weapons go. I still have five other black knights to customize. I’ve begun work on their helmets already … ;)

I love the behind the scenes pic. I'm excited to see your project when your done.
Darren
Platinum Grunt

Postby Garnik » Sat May 19, 2018 8:53 pm

What do you guys think of the scale? Sometimes they seem fine and the next minute I want to scale them down... maybe 3% or so.

Garnik
Standard Grunt

Postby Garnik » Sat May 19, 2018 9:04 pm

If you guys are looking for a quick means of swapping MOTU heads onto your awesome customs I just set up a Shapeways storefront: Accessory Designs. I'll be adding more items over the next few weeks.

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/accessory-designs

The slim adapter offers a little more room for tilting while the standard offers a solid armored neck.

You can order white or black adapters. The pics above are just meant to show how the plastic takes paint.
Garnik
Standard Grunt

Postby squeezeplay » Sat May 19, 2018 11:05 pm

Garnik wrote:If you guys are looking for a quick means of swapping MOTU heads onto your awesome customs I just set up a Shapeways storefront: Accessory Designs. I'll be adding more items over the next few weeks.

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/accessory-designs

Awesome! If you're taking suggestions, you may want to open the head adornments and plugs to black as well as white.
squeezeplay
Standard Grunt

Postby Garnik » Sun May 20, 2018 12:03 am

Awesome! If you're taking suggestions, you may want to open the head adornments and plugs to black as well as white.

Suggestions are always welcome! I just made the adjustment so black is now available as well. Thanks!
Garnik
Standard Grunt

Postby Visionary » Sun May 20, 2018 1:02 am

Jeremy Girard wrote:Another pic of my Stygian Barbarian (there are more on the previous page, as well as at http://www.pumpkin-king.com/mythic/cust ... an-stygian)

Very nice kid!
If you look real close,you can see my avatar is laughing at you.
Visionary
Goldsmith

Postby garyl » Sun May 20, 2018 8:11 am

Garnik wrote:What do you guys think of the scale? Sometimes they seem fine and the next minute I want to scale them down... maybe 3% or so.

Can't really see the left hand but the right hand ( in the lower of the smaller photos ) looks robotic, the way the fingers emerge from the hand. That may also be affecting the slightly large look of the right hand.
garyl
Golden Grunt

Postby Havoc » Sun May 20, 2018 5:51 pm

When the new kickstarter orders arrive we'll be getting bows. Do you plan on making arrow holding hands?
Havoc
Silver Grunt

Postby Darren » Sun May 20, 2018 7:00 pm

I know that this is not much of a Mash-up but I like it. Here is a Black Cloak on Keltuss. It was originally made for the Star War's Black Jedi Luke. It's a little short but it gets the job done.

Image.

Darren
Platinum Grunt

Postby Garnik » Sun May 20, 2018 7:22 pm

Havoc wrote:When the new kickstarter orders arrive we'll be getting bows. Do you plan on making arrow holding hands?

You know, I've been so focused on hands for magic casts I hadn't thought about that. Sounds like an interesting idea.
Garnik
Standard Grunt

PreviousNext

Return to Mythic Legions Kickstarter & Fantastic Exclusive